PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

End of 2013 league year cuts, signings, trades, voids, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis Pitta got a 5 year deal from the Ravens:

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/439455108355870720

That's too bad. He'd have been an excellent addition to the Patriots.

He would be, just not at a 6.5m AAV for 1200 yards and 11 touchdowns over 4 years, coming off an injury that caused him to miss almost an entire season.

While his deal is just plain silly, i'm surprised he accepted it after fighting to get the WR franchise that would pay him over 11m.

I'd prefer Scott Chandler over Pitta, personally, he has better, more consistent production, and will probably be cheaper because nobody knows who he is, unlike Pitta who became a big name with ****son for being "mini gronk and hernandez" even though Gronks 2011 alone is nearly both of their careers production combined.

He would be, just not at a 6.5m AAV for 1200 yards and 11 touchdowns over 4 years, coming off an injury that caused him to miss almost an entire season.

He'd have been fine at those numbers. You have to look beyond the stats.

Ravens re-signed TE Dennis Pitta to a five-year contract.

The deal is reportedly worth an average of $6.5 million annually. Early last week the two sides were said to be far apart before they made progress at the Combine. Pitta and LT Eugene Monroe were/are GM Ozzie Newsome's top two priorities before free agency opens March 11. Newsome now has Pitta locked up and can work on Monroe. Monroe will be a candidate for the franchise tag if a deal can't be reached before Monday afternoon. Pitta will be a mid-to-high TE1 in new OC Gary Kubiak's offense. Joe Flacco has his security blanket.

Dennis Pitta - Baltimore Ravens - 2014 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Without knowing the structure of the deal, I think that seems a bit high for a player who had one really good year and not much else the other years and coming off an injury that he may never fully be 100% ever again, but the Ravens desperately need to give weapons to Flacco to justify the ridiculously stupid contract he got.

He'd have been fine at those numbers. You have to look beyond the stats.

I am, he's Joe Flacco's safety blanket, and even being such, he's not produced to the hype that surrounds his name.

I don't think he's worth nearly 6.5 a year, I'm fine if we disagree. I have nothing against the player, just his price tag.

Add this to why Pitta's deal is a head scratcher:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m
Key issue with Pitta was age, and coming off major injury. Already nearly 29 (served a Mormon mission) but just getting to his 2nd contract

I thought he was the usual 24 or 25 ending his rookie deal.

Yeah, I agree. Most of that production came in 2012 (669 yards and 7 TDs). No guarantee that wasn't a fluke year especially with the injury he had.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 2m
Until WR Jeremy Maclin reached agreement with Philadelphia on a 1-year deal, Jets and Broncos were preparing to make a run at him.

Phew.........

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 2m
Panthers using franchise tag on DE Greg Hardy, per ESPN source.

Pipedreams crumble.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 33s
Seahawks announce they've released WR Sidney Rice and DL Red Bryant.

I'd welcome both as Patriots (at the right price).

Pipedreams crumble.

I'd welcome both as Patriots (at the right price).
Pats were never going to get Hardy. Would like to have Bryant if the price is cheap.

No MAclin for the jets...they are having a hissy fit over at the dump

I know they wouldn't trade him within the division, but I would love it if the Pats could get their mitts on him. Let him build his strength and then throw him in a rotation.

Dion in the Pats system would beast. Dude made no sense for the phins. They run a 4-3 base and Dion is a 3-4 OLB.

Not a good sign when a high first round draft pick that a team traded up for is looking to unload him after year one. I know it was the previous regime that drafted him, but that tells you what they think of him as a player.

Look how trading for Trent Richardson worked out for the Colts.

Remember that this is a new front office. So not the same guys that traded up for him.

It's been a busy day. Here we go:

Raider re-signed Khalif Barnes

Jimmy Graham tweeted that he is getting the franchise tag

The Cowboys are cutting Phil Costa

Greg Hardy has been franchised

The Cowboys have released Jeff Olson

The Cardinals have cut Jasper Brinkley

The Cowboys have cut Ray Dominguez

The Cowboys have cut Corvey Irvin

The Cowboys have cut Everette Brown

The Cardinals got rid of their strength coach

The Jets franchised Nick Folk, their kicker

The Chargers re-signed Donald Butler

The Titans and Jackie Battle agreed on a 1 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back