PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eli over Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eli vs Tom debate

The only way the 2 are anywhere close is if Eli wins Sunday and goes up 2-0 on Tom in SB meetings. The credentials are not close, the stats are not close, W-L is not close. I'm glad all the analysts/fans are assuming Eli wins Sunday, the only way there is a debate.

Even in this year, by far Eli's best season, he is still 13 points lower in QBR and 10 less TDs, more picks.

i couldn't find the thread where I was debating with u guys all last week about Eli and told you that if we win this week that hes going into the hall of fame:

Listened to Pat Kirwan on satellite radio and he's writing an article to be released tomorrow and he's talking about the Hall of Fame and what it takes to get in there. I think it's going to be on NFL.com. He said "looking at performance and numbers and who's in there, you cannot argue with this: win and they're in- Eli and Tom Coughlin, you cannot make a case against what they have pulled off". Also in his "crystal ball" looking at young talent, for where he is, JPP is beating Bruce Smith's numbers his first two seasons and said "it's a LONG way off, but given his start, he keeps it up, you're looking at a future HOF'er for sure."

Pat Kirwan is pretty neutral and respectable no?

Back to embarrass yourself some more? Here's your thread:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/889527-eli-over-brady.html

i couldn't find the thread where I was debating with u guys all last week about Eli and told you that if we win this week that hes going into the hall of fame:

Listened to Pat Kirwan on satellite radio and he's writing an article to be released tomorrow and he's talking about the Hall of Fame and what it takes to get in there. I think it's going to be on NFL.com. He said "looking at performance and numbers and who's in there, you cannot argue with this: win and they're in- Eli and Tom Coughlin, you cannot make a case against what they have pulled off". Also in his "crystal ball" looking at young talent, for where he is, JPP is beating Bruce Smith's numbers his first two seasons and said "it's a LONG way off, but given his start, he keeps it up, you're looking at a future HOF'er for sure."

Dude, we get it. Eli-te is hot and he's going against the worst secondary in football. Edelman was a QB first then a punt returner, then a receiver and fourth and finally a cornerback. Not ideal for Pats Fans. Congrats on the inevitable win.

People were saying the same thing about Shawne Merriman. How is that working out.........Let the guy play a few more years in the league before making those kind of comparisons.

was referring to the Eli part of it...

but alrighty then

obviously JPP would have to keep it up was the moral of that story. To say hes had a better start to his career than Bruce is factual, isn't it?

Either way - i dont think we're going to have any type of steroid scandal with JPP

How those the premise of your post support the name of the thread? Eli vs Tom? No matter how you twist it, Tom Brady is light years better than Eli career wise and currently.

the debate became if we win, Eli is in the hall and i got TORCHED for it...

and no matter how u twist it, nobody fears tom brady in a single game if u have Eli

Always get a laugh at the internet "I'll argue/debate about anything and everything" crowd. You guys need to get out more.

earth to you: thats what message boards are...

guess what you responded to me on: a message board...

this response reminds me of the KKK skit on the Dave Chappelle show

i couldn't find the thread where I was debating with u guys all last week about Eli and told you...........................

OK, lets not even discuss Eli yet for HOF because it's foolish.

But as much as I like Tom Coughlin I'll still ask, can you find some links to all those articles that were discussing him being fired on Dec 4 when they were 6 and 6?

and no matter how u twist it, nobody fears tom brady in a single game if u have Eli

wtf.gif

That's pretty funny meyerbugNYG, because Giants fans were treated pretty well there. Most of them said that as compared to the SF forum, the Packers forum was much better with so much less trash talking. Which is why even now, over a week later we still have Giants fans on our forum!

Guess it was just you huh?

thats like saying your not as bad as eagles fans...

big win i guess huh?

And ALOT of those posters I talked to know and all agree - they just agreed that u guys were a bad sample size for actual packer fans. I can link u to the thread on the giants board where this was talked about...

Know where it would be a good place to debate the merits of prematurely putting Giant players in the HOF based on future accomplishments?

Not here!

look through pages like 15-25 I would imagine, cuz it already took place here:eek:

I don't see how the title of the thread relates to the OP:confused:

I named it that because that was the name of the thread i couldn't find in which this convo took place last week

Says the guy who is inside on a message board. Thanks.

lol i thought i was the only person that picked that up

time to punch out PEACE

If there was an award for this thread - it was that you were the worst poster of the day.

Ignorant and uninsightful

Truth hurts, WHEN we win this week it signs Eli's ticket to the HOF

I can see Tom C getting his ticket to the HOF....but not Eli. He needs at least 3 more years of consistent winning, MVP's, record breaking seasons to be considered.

If there was an award for this thread - it was that you were the worst poster of the day.

This is worse than the Brady vs Peyton argument.

And you're right, you'll win this week, you've already won the trash talk.

But the real game is next week.

The outcome will be much different.

Nice gesture, airfare should be cheap.

rbmn9v.gif

12.12.11-Gary-Coleman-WTF-M.gif

wtf.gif

No, he's as inconsistant as Eli.

Despite Post-Season Success, Roethlisberger Second-Tier QB | Football News Now

Despite being the youngest player to win the Super Bowl and reaching the NFL’s penultimate stage three times in seven seasons with two Lombardi Trophy wins, Roethlisberger was placed in Group B — a second group of five quarterbacks — with several players who haven’t won many playoff games let alone two Super Bowls. But that’s the usual story for Roethlisberger.

Kirwan writes that Roethlisberger is “a two-time Super Bowl champion (with) three appearances on Super Sunday during his seven-year career. The essence of a winner.” Yet Roethlisberger is lumped in with only one other quarterback who has a Super Bowl victory.

...and just for some perspective:

Kurt Warner wasn't ready to put Rothlisberger in the Hall of fame after he already had 2 rings and was going for his third.

Kurt Warner: Ben Roethlisberger Not Hall Of Famer Yet

Lots more work to do for Eli. Say a few years of consistancy, not just a couple of good years out of many.

Why should Eli get the fast track to the HOF? ...Cause he's a Manning???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes