PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eli over Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eli vs Tom debate

So what if we win next next year and eli is 3/3... could i ask u then?
Let me run it by you again, seeing that your reading comprehension skills "ain't so good". I wrote when he's 34 let's compare, but IF "you guys" (I'm assuming your on the team:rolleyes:) win next year. Please do come by.

I don't know.....brady is my GOAT, but he just doesn't seem as instinctive in the pocket as he used to be.

I think things have changed. In the years they actually won the superbowl, he had the comfort of the defense on his team. the team did not have to ride im to victory week after week. in the years they won the superbowls, they won 13 games while scoring 20 points or less....they won 5 without scoring a TD

i'm just pissed.......the last 3 games against the giants has produced the exact same recipe......I thought this staff had the ability to change things up

Unfortunately, Brady will never be considered the best ever, unless he wins like three in a row. Can't keep losing these playoff games and expect to be the top QB ever. Joe Montana will always be the top guy.

So what if we win next next year and eli is 3/3... could i ask u then?

Giants aint winning sh%t next year. Lets not forget that it was Jason WHitten that gave the giants a playoff spot. a 7-7 talent will NOT get that lucky again.

Lets be honest, next year, the giants will be average AGAIN, and the Pats will win the AFC AGAIN.

Giants aint winning sh%t next year. Lets not forget that it was Jason WHitten that gave the giants a playoff spot. a 7-7 talent will NOT get that lucky again.

Lets be honest, next year, the giants will be average AGAIN, and the Pats will win the AFC AGAIN.

lol whatever helps u get through the offseason

We will revisit this topic when the Giants miss the playoffs this year. They are a very talented team both offense and defense but ELI'zabeth' Manning is not the reason they are this good. People forget that everyone were blaming him and Coughlin when they lost to Seatlle and were in a slump. Nobody in their right mind over chose Elizabeth Manning over Brady, Heck if Archies life depended on it he wouldnt chose Eli

Let me run it by you again, seeing that your reading comprehension skills "ain't so good". I wrote when he's 34 let's compare, but IF "you guys" (I'm assuming your on the team:rolleyes:) win next year. Please do come by.

speaking of reading comprehension, the post you responded to was about comparing where Eli and Brady are at IN THE MOMENT.

Sorry, but 2002-2006 really has no bearing on who they are as players NOW. SO your response of lets see what happens when Eli is 34 and bla bla bla was moot. So i yo skillz are just as well as minez

We will revisit this topic when the Giants miss the playoffs this year. They are a very talented team both offense and defense but ELI'zabeth' Manning is not the reason they are this good. People forget that everyone were blaming him and Coughlin when they lost to Seatlle and were in a slump. Nobody in their right mind over chose Elizabeth Manning over Brady, Heck if Archies life depended on it he wouldnt chose Eli

the red sox fans in you guys are starting to come out. You guys should know better than to talk about regular season compared to postseason. I mean, isn't that your whole debate as to why Brady is better than Manning?

Eli threw 75 Completion % and 300 yards. Keep thinking he wasn't a big part of the win. Again, I guess u have a long offseason to prepare for.

I'll be back next year, IF you guys could make it back. But we may have officially ended the DYNASTY

It's a team game, but Eli certainly is one of the reasons they are that good. The 4th quarter comeback last night was no fluke - it was his 9th this year.

That pass to Manningham was literally a perfectly thrown pass, when it counted the most.

Eli became a HOF QB last night.

Is Eli better than Brady? ..... No

Is Eli more clutch in the playoffs and big games the past 5 years? .... Yes

speaking of reading comprehension, the post you responded to was about comparing where Eli and Brady are at IN THE MOMENT.

Sorry, but 2002-2006 really has no bearing on who they are as players NOW. SO your response of lets see what happens when Eli is 34 and bla bla bla was moot. So i yo skillz are just as well as minez

No, your reading skills do seem to be lacking. I would suggest re-reading them several times. To assume that 2001-2006 has no bearing on the discussion is your way of saying that Brady only played in 2 SB's in your eyes. I see how it is.

Is Eli better than Brady? ..... No

Is Eli more clutch in the playoffs and big games the past 5 years? .... Yes

Agreed.

Dont think that Eli or Peyton in this case is better than Brady.

Sure he has done more in the last few years but over time, i think Brady is still better.

As a Giants fan, I hate that this is even a debate. Eli will never be Tom Brady. All the comparisons do is make people disparage him and not give him credit for how good he actually is. He doesn't have to be Tom Brady. He is pretty damn good in his own right and is the #1 reason the Giants won this year. They were last in the league in running and were awful on defense until the end of the year. The only reason they were even 9-7 and not even worse was Eli and his great play this year. Is he Brady, Peyton, Brees or Rodgers? No, but let's not let that take anything away from how good he actually is.

Correct...Eli is not Tom Brady which is why it is frustrating to see Eli outplay Tom Brady.

Can't look at pass completion % in games like this. Have to look at mistakes and big plays made or missed and in those categories which have become critical categories in what is now a quarterback dominated league and what has always been the big play dependent game of pro football those have been the most relevant differences between the two teams and the reasons that the Giants have won both of these SB's.

lol whatever helps u get through the offseason

So you can make an argument that the Giants are better than a 7-7 team that got lucky on a Jason Witten drop?

have the giants ever (with eli) ever dominated two seasons in a row?

Are the pats not ALWAYS in contention for the big game?

I don't see how he can get into the HoF.

His brother and the guy he beat last night in the SB have more league MVP's (an award Eli has never been in the conversation for), game, single-season, and career records than Eli will ever have.

When you compare him to his contemporaries, there's no way he's a HoF'er.

It's a team game, but Eli certainly is one of the reasons they are that good. The 4th quarter comeback last night was no fluke - it was his 9th this year.

That pass to Manningham was literally a perfectly thrown pass, when it counted the most.

Eli is not a hall of famer, he's a few good seasons away from that. Do you think Big Ben is a hall of famer? Because they both have 2 rings and Ben's stats are better.

Eli and Coughlin both punched their tickets into the HOF from SB XLVI.

Eight weeks ago the Giants had just lost to the 'Skins and were 7-7 and on the edge of not making the playoffs.

You can't believe what a rewarding season it was for them, unless you experienced 2001 with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back