PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eli Manning: An end of an era....

No love for Eli. I remember telling a Giants friend after the SB, "Hey now you get to watch him throw 20 INT'S for 10 years".

But in all seriousness he got a raw deal.

That team is a mess. Defense's sit back all day in cover 2 to shadow the deep ball bc they have 0 running game. Oline, coaching, it's a joke.

He'll end up in Jacksonville or Arizona.

If you don’t know that Eli is part of the problem you haven’t been watching.
They loaded him up with weapons and although they are now injured when they were healthy the offense still sucked.

I'll admit it, I haven't been watching.

They wear stupid looking uniforms

They need to see what they have.
If you are through with your starter put the backup out there and see if you want to keep him around.
Playing Eli would be the move that accomplishes nothing.
And Eli was doing just fine tanking it himself.

At this point in Geno Smith's career, you know exactly what you are getting. He has plateau'ed as far as QB development. He's not going to get better. So I am assuming that the Giants are putting him in to tank their way into grabbing a top 3 QB. For me, there is no other plausible scenario. Geno Smith will not change anything.

Yes

Giants tank the rest of this season, and then bring in their QBOTF.
Jaquars ditch Bortles after this season and bring in Eli to try to win now
Makes sense, though Jacksonville could go younger and look at a guy like Cousins, for example.
If Jags could get Cousins, that would seem to be the smart move.
If they can't get Cousins but think that they are built to "win now," then plugging Eli in with Coughlin in the building is also not dumb.
If they think Bortles can be salvaged and could learn from Eli as the new starter, that wouldn't be dumb either...but I, personally, don't think Bortles can be salvaged.

Wow..Giants haven’t scored 30 points in a single game since January 3, 2016.

Giants haven’t scored 30 points during Ben McAdoo era
the Giants won two SB's from the Pats by scoring a total of 38 points and holding NE to a total of 31. Eli is a less successful Terry Bradshaw, who won four SB's mainly, but not totally, on the back of his D. Eli won two SB's by coming out on top in four games each time and scoring more than 24 points only once in all eight of those games.

Wow that sucks for Eli and Giants fans. Geno ****ing Smith? Good grief. Unbelievable that Mcadoo still has a job. He shouldn't much longer after this idiocy.
Both McAdoo and Reese are just counting the days until they are formally fired. I'm pretty sure that McAdoo is only doing what he's told now.

My guess is that Mara wants to see Davis Webb, but probably felt they had to give the first start to the veteran. It's a pretty sure bet that Geno will stink badly enough that they won't have to explain why they're replacing him with Webb. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Webb starts at least three if not four of their five remaining games.

I think Caserio and McDaniels are best friends going back to their college days. I'm not sure who landed with the Pats first, but I'm pretty sure whoever did, helped get the other into the fold.

I think it would make perfect sense for both to go together. They are both good at what they do. So why not step out of BB's shadow and go revive one of the important franchises in the league....for a lot of money. IIRC Caserio interviewed for a GM job last season.

In an ideal world, both Casserio and McDaniels know BB's retirement date, and are comfortable waiting for the Bellichick era to end. I know McDaniels wife likes the area and was never happy with the move to Denver. They also have young kids in school. It's not much, but it's something to hang on to.
I doubt anyone but Belichick know's Belichick's planned retirement date, except maybe for the Krafts. Heck, it's possible that even BB doesn't know it.

Eli Manning's teams won two SB's the hard way. No Bye weeks in Week 18. All three playoff rounds for six wins, all but one on the road, before the big game itself.

They beat Tom Brady and the Patriots by holding them to a total of 31 points in those two games.

In each game, Manning led game winning drives in the closing minutes of the fourth quarter.

Yes, the Tyree catch was pure luck, but the Giants still had to score a Touchdown to win...as Malcolm Butler demonstrated, giving up a great or lucky catch in the Red Zone in the final minutes of the SB doesn't mean you still can't stop the other guys from getting the ball across the plane of the goal line. The Giants did. The Seahawks didn't.

And, whatever we can, and should, say about Eli's mediocre regular season 112-100 record and equally mediocre overall stats, his pass to Manningham on the final drive of XLVI was a thing of beauty, just as Welker's drop was not.

So, other than jealousy and spite, I just don't get all the Eli bashing out here today. Not very classy. Sounds as whiny as a Jetes or Dolts board back in the day. I live in NY, where the tabloids grind high profile sports starts into dust (see Beckham, Jr., Odell). Eli Manning has been nothing but a class act his entire time here. No drama. No nonsense. Few red carpets. His idea of a good time seems to be a quiet night at home with his family.

We use a tough checklist to judge great QB's: Attitude. Courage. Leadership. Multiple Rings. Stats. Regular Season and Playoff Wins.

Guys like Tom Brady, who check every box, are very rare. I'm hard-pressed to add more than three or four others to the list of those who indeed checked every one of those boxes in their careers in the entire history of the NFL.

Eli Manning is clearly not one of them, but in a mind-bendingly difficult game, he pulled off two of the most superb runs to a Championship in the history of the League and did it against the greatest Quarterback and Head Coach ever to walk onto a field. So, I guess I want to give credit where I feel it is due and come down on the side of those who argue that it is an accomplishment that should cement his place in Canton.

His idea of a good time seems to be a quiet night at home with his family.

And maybe taking some brand new Giants helmets and jerseys and rubbing them in the dirt to make them look game used, then claiming they are game used and having his "people" sell them for lots of money to hard working American consumers.

Yeah, a guy who makes millions a year really needs to do that. He is a POS and if you don't have a major issue with this fraud you are too.

Why is the national media making it such a big deal? Although not entirely his fault for the Giants horrible season, Eli has been terrible any other QB wouldve been benched a while back

Tony Mazz has a boner over the thought of Manning to Jacksonville or Denver...

the Giants won two SB's from the Pats by scoring a total of 38 points and holding NE to a total of 31. Eli is a less successful Terry Bradshaw, who won four SB's mainly, but not totally, on the back of his D. Eli won two SB's by coming out on top in four games each time and scoring more than 24 points only once in all eight of those games.

It could not have been said better. We're bitter old men who will never be satisfied with just five Super Bowl victories knowing that two more were left in the center of the table, snatched out of our bony fingers by lucky catches and injuries that robbed of us of what was rightfully ours. I'd love to chat some more, but my weak bladder requires that I leave you now to go piss into the wind.

Why is the national media making it such a big deal? Although not entirely his fault for the Giants horrible season, Eli has been terrible any other QB wouldve been benched a while back
Oh, I don't know...let me think...perhaps his surname???

Eli Manning isn't as good as Terry Bradshaw on his best day.

Yes he was QB for a dominant defense but when measuring greatness like Bradshaw, Bart Starr, Staubach, Brady and Unitas, etc you need to throw stats out of the window.

Good riddance. ****ing bum. I can't believe some people think he's a HOF.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back