PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eli Manning: An end of an era....

Whats going on with the sports memorabilia racket he was running? Did that get squashed just like every other Manning impropriety?
I don't know, but my guess is that if one kicks that particular rock over, a lot of NFL, MLB, NHL and NBA stars will be found slithering for cover.

Put it this way, unless I was personally handed a "Game Worn" Jersey or piece of equipment by a player who took it off his body after a game as he handed it to me, I would never pay a premium for anything that claims to be "game worn" from anyone.

My guess is that its one of the biggest scams in sports, benefiting players, lockerroom attendants and memorabilia dealers at the expense of us gullible fans.

So, yeah, Eli was probably part of it, but I doubt very much that he is alone.

I've been around a long, long time. With that said, I've never seen anything remotely close to the near-universal wailing, weeping and gnashing of teeth over the "savage injustice" inflicted upon Eli Manning, the ultimate warrior/victim. Hallmark is fashioning a holiday special surrounding the saga of Eli Manning, the ultimate underdog who rose out of the depths of a deprived childhood against all odds to capture the imagination and achieve the adoration of the entire USA, the planet Earth, our universe and all galaxies. Holy ****...

I've been around a long, long time. With that said, I've never seen anything remotely close to the near-universal wailing, weeping and gnashing of teeth over the "savage injustice" inflicted upon Eli Manning, the ultimate warrior/victim. Hallmark is fashioning a holiday special surrounding the saga of Eli Manning, the ultimate underdog who rose out of the depths of a deprived childhood against all odds to capture the imagination and achieve the adoration of the entire USA, the planet Earth, our universe and all galaxies. Holy ****...

Ughh that’s one I won’t be watching

How bad does it have to be in Giants-land that your starting QB this week is a Jets castoff???

What's the over/under on whether McAdoo gets fired before week 17 or on the Monday after???

Please. There are enough Hallmark Holiday specials on the air currently.

How bad does it have to be in Giants-land that your starting QB this week is a Jets castoff???

What's the over/under on whether McAdoo gets fired before week 17 or on the Monday after???

The only reason to fire McAdoo early would be to get a kickstart on the search for a coach. Otherwise, leave him as coach, get a top pick, then gas him.

It seems that McAdoo is trying to use 5 weeks to pull a “see I told you Eli was the problem” and save his job.
If the team wins with geno that really makes it look true. Which to some degree it is. Eli is definitely part of the problem not part of the solution.
If McAdoo goes 3-2 with Eli he is fired. IF he goes 3-2 with geno he can scapegoat Eli.

Mara said that both the coach and GM will be evaluated at the end of the season.

The only reason to fire McAdoo early would be to get a kickstart on the search for a coach. Otherwise, leave him as coach, get a top pick, then gas him.
If the stadium is more than half empty for the next home game and the players clearly have given up on him, they'll fire him.

Mara said that both the coach and GM will be evaluated at the end of the season.
Agree. But, after the beating he's taking in the local and national media, Mara might feel he has to do something fast to kick start the "moving on" process.

Ughh that’s one I won’t be watching
You won't have a choice. It will be mandated and failure to provide iron-clad proof of having watched it at least 3 times will result in the death penalty. The good news is that in the spirit of democracy, you'll be given a choice: shot, hung or electrocuted.

Agree. But, after the beating he's taking in the local and national media, Mara might feel he has to do something fast to kick start the "moving on" process.
Mara has never moved fast on anything

It seems that McAdoo is trying to use 5 weeks to pull a “see I told you Eli was the problem” and save his job.
If the team wins with geno that really makes it look true. Which to some degree it is. Eli is definitely part of the problem not part of the solution.
If McAdoo goes 3-2 with Eli he is fired. IF he goes 3-2 with geno he can scapegoat Eli.
The schedule does them no favors trying to get to 3-2. @Oak and @ Ariz with three divisional home games, Philly, Wash and Dallas.
While Eli's TDs are down as well as 3rd down conversion ( 30th in league at 32%), his int percent is at a career low 1.8% vs career average of 3.1%. I'm no fan of Eli but I don't think he is the main problem and a 2-3 or 1-4 finish will bear that out...

The schedule does them no favors trying to get to 3-2. @Oak and @ Ariz with three divisional home games, Philly, Wash and Dallas.
While Eli's TDs are down as well as 3rd down conversion ( 30th in league at 32%), his int percent is at a career low 1.8% vs career average of 3.1%. I'm no fan of Eli but I don't think he is the main problem and a 2-3 or 1-4 finish will bear that out...
Manning has been terrible. Int % doesn’t change that.

Not saying he will it can go 3-2 just saying 3-2 with manning he still gets fired, 3-2 with geno could save his job.

IMO the Giants are starting Smith to ease the pressure on Davis Webb...a few typical Smith series and it will be a much easier sell to go with Webb to "see what we have". Otherwise , the move to Smith makes no sense whatsoever.

Brady too I bet. He'd never admit it but I'm sure Tom would love one more crack at Eli

Somethings is better to leave as it is. Brady has his 5, it's all right in the world.

Somethings is better to leave as it is. Brady has his 5, it's all right in the world.
This is true. If he lost to Eli a 3rd time Francesa would un-retire.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back