PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Edited title] Patriots gave Andrews offer which did not "entice" him - but both sides want to get a deal done

has anyone seen a rank of NFL centers that has Andrews in the top 10? he's been solid but hardly spectacular......7-8 mil in this market sounds close......if someone is willing to overpay, let them overpay......if they can't resign thuney, and move on from cannon, getting him back in that 7-8 range is doable.......but i can't see him getting a huge payday in FA

If he gives David Andrews 12 million a year then he shouldn’t only be fired he should be checked into a dimentia treatment institution.
Just checking.
how far apart are they? What did they offer and what is Andrews looking for?
I think he wants at least $10M. Some guy from the Jets I've never heard of is getting $9M per year. Linsley will set the ceiling for Andrews of what he can't go over.
has anyone seen a rank of NFL centers that has Andrews in the top 10? he's been solid but hardly spectacular......7-8 mil in this market sounds close......if someone is willing to overpay, let them overpay......if they can't resign thuney, and move on from cannon, getting him back in that 7-8 range is doable.......but i can't see him getting a huge payday in FA
I was just trying to find rankings myself but can't find anything.

Last edited:
2021 NFL Free Agents: Centers

PFF rankings are what they are, but they have him as the #2 FA center, but graded him middle of the pack at #16 overall center last year

yeah, i was just posting that......#2 FA center, but only 16th overall....linsley is likely to jump to the highest paid center, or close to it, but he also ranks as one of the best if not best centers in the league right now

the market is thin for centers, so someone might be willing to overpay.....

Let him go if hes more than 7, this draft is loaded with center talent

josh myers in the 3rd or 4th wouldn't be the worst thing......beast of a run blocker

Let him go if hes more than 7, this draft is loaded with center talent
Yeah, the team really needs either the incompetent Newton, or some brand new QB, to be paired with a rookie center...

for what it's worth, andrews has stated he and his family want to stay put, and PFF projected him at resigning for 3 years/18 million

PFF rankings are what they are, but they have him as the #2 FA center, but graded him middle of the pack at #16 overall center last year

Middle of the pack sounds about right, but then you have to downgrade for health concerns when valuing him for a contract.

Contract games.
No more than 7 mill a year I hope.
His knowledge of our system makes him more valuable to us then other teams I would think.
Would rather have him than not but Bill would never overpay for him.
Who do you think he would replace him with in Free Agency?

Unless the Patriots decide they're pulling his offer to go sign Linsley instead as soon as free agent opens (I doubt it), there's almost nothing to lose and potentially a lot to gain from hitting the market next week.
For who?

I expect he’ll sign, but it’s not hard for me to imagine some team offering more.
And if they do, he's gone. What would keep him here?

Yeah, the team really needs either the incompetent Newton, or some brand new QB, to be paired with a rookie center...
So you would rather pay a middle of the road center with major health concerns top dollar? makes sense

I am OK with Andrews testing the market...it is a BAD market right now....our initial offer was likely one of the best offers Andrews will see.
The top two centers are Linsley and Andrews. Why do you think it's a bad market for those two?

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back