PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Edited title] Patriots gave Andrews offer which did not "entice" him - but both sides want to get a deal done

Reamer, what round do you see the first Center potentially going off the board? As you mentioned, that could potentially be a good option for us.

Great question. Everyone rates these things differently, and teams will be all over the place since the top players fit best in different blocking schemes, IMO. I could see Humphrey going anywhere from late first to early third, while ****erson is a wild card because of injuries. If he's fully healthy, he will likely goin the same range. I don't see anyone I like quite as well as some of the previous first-round centers. Historically, over the last four or five drafts, we get one center in the first, a couple in the second, and a few more in the third. There's a very solid chance that one or more of these players will be available at our 3rd round comp pick. Individual years may skew things one way or another, but there's not usually a huge run on centers. Mienerz probably represents the best value + best athlete, although with the lowest level of competition.

The only OL signed beyond this year are Mason, Onwenu, Herron, and Cajuste.
The fact that they only agreed on a 1 year deal with Brown is perplexing considering the amount of projected cap space in 2022.
thats the price you pay to get him to renegotiate his raiders deal...

It’s hard to imagine a deal won’t get done.

The fact that they only agreed on a 1 year deal with Brown is perplexing considering the amount of projected cap space in 2022.

IIRC, he has a history of being a very good OT in contract years, and an average one in other years.

I’m sorry but no way I pay Andrew’s $9M/year. Gets overpowered too easily and is not a game changer at all.

You don't want your center to be a game-changer. As a matter of fact, you never want to hear about him during the game. That's what Andrews has been, 99% error free and outstanding in calling protection. He doesn't really get overpowered, but he is undersized. That's about the only knock against him and is why he went undrafted.

I would pay good money for him. He really anchors that line, not Thuney.

I am OK with Andrews testing the market...it is a BAD market right now....our initial offer was likely one of the best offers Andrews will see.

I am OK with Andrews testing the market...it is a BAD market right now....our initial offer was likely one of the best offers Andrews will see.
He is only 28 and pays a crucial spot on the Oline. He will get solid offers. The guys that will have a depressed market are the 30+ aged veterans.

He is only 28 and pays a crucial spot on the Oline. He will get solid offers. The guys that will have a depressed market are the 30+ aged veterans.

He will get better offers than MOST, but he won't get offers like players used to get in 2019 or will again in 2022 with the increased cap space.

Health concerns may hurt his market

linsley as the top FA center expects somewhere in the 12+ million range........i just don't see a huge market for andrews....he's steady, but....

Ferentz is one of the Patriot's sure fire re-signings.

Ferentz is one of the Patriot's sure fire re-signings.
He didn't re-sign until after week 1 last year. Maybe he'll just take the entire offseason off again.

Contract games.
No more than 7 mill a year I hope.
His knowledge of our system makes him more valuable to us then other teams I would think.
Would rather have him than not but Bill would never overpay for him.
I would draw the line at 5.

If Andrews is going to cost 12m, I'd rather pay Thuney 14 or 15m...a much better player.
If the patriots pay David Andrews 12 million a year it’s time to clean out the front office.

If the patriots pay David Andrews 12 million a year it’s time to clean out the front office.
Fire Bill the GM then?

Last edited:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes