PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Edited thread title] Jack Jones arrested for possession of firearms at airport

Status
Not open for further replies.
The USA is about as dumb as it gets with gun laws/licensing/registration...but hey, we follow the money, whatever the non-monetary cost.

So the founding fathers were DUMB?

History says otherwise.

Wherever there has been registration, the government eventually came for the guns. In many instances Millions died.

The United States is "DUMB" because it doesn't address the bigger issues. Which are the piss poor mental health care system and the legal system that doesn't actually uphold the laws we have while thinking NEW laws will fix the issues. Many of the "mass shootings" where 3or more are killed would never happen if we actually upheld the laws we have.

66% of ALL gun deaths are suicides. If we did more than just shove anti-psychotics and psychotropics down people's throats, we would eliminate a good portion of them as well as one of the leading factors of Mass Shootings.

When I researched 89 of the Mass Shootings where 5 or more people were killed NOT including the shooter, from 2003-May 2022, this is what I found:
51 of the shooters had a diagnosed mental health issue.
15 of the shooters did not have a diagnosed mental health issue and were not diagnosed with one after the shooting.
21 of the shooters were felt to have a mental health issue by the family or friends but were not diagnosed.
1 case I found to be undetermined.

So of the 88, 60% involved a shooter with Mental Illness. Another 25% were thought to involve mental illness.

Now, one thing to note. There have not been over 200 mass shootings in ANY year. Ever. This is fear mongering by gun grabbers. They have changed the definition of "mass shooting" to include Gang Violence, Hostage situations, and murder suicides.. Something that prior to Sandy Hook, were never counted.

So NFL players who exercise their constitutional rights are now "thugs" and may commit a crime in the future so the best thing is to release him?
I'll paraphrase ctsports with a question instead... Are you a total ****ing idiot?

The police didn't stampede his home and raid his secure gun cabinet. He was arrested at an airport for "multiple charges, including unlawful possession of a firearm, carrying a loaded firearm, possession of a large-capacity feeding device and possession of ammunition without a firearm identification card." Get a clue Mr. Heston.

I agree. I’m not saying that he does have the right to bring the gun on the plane. But him having a gun by itself is a constitutional right and should hardly be reason for getting cut. He made a mistake.
I’d say letting your gun permit expire is a mistake. Getting a gun without a permit (where required) is a disregard for the law. Taking that gun loaded on a plane is an epic blunder and multiple felonies. It’s not simply a mistake.

From afar in the Uk we get that most of you guys love your guns. That alone seems odd to us but the lack of background checks etc just seems insane. We need a license to have a ****ing TV :).
There is no lack of background checks. When you buy a gun from a Licensed dealer, you undergo a background check. Now, some people say that PRIVATE sales should require a background check, but we don't require that for privileges, so why would we required it for a right?

People don't understand that the Bill of Rights is not limitations on the populace. They are limitations on the Government. They are the inalienable rights that we are ALL given that can't be taken away from us.

In 2019, the UK actually had more violent crime than the US. You had 1.8M instances compared to 1.2M for the US. And that is with the UK having only 65M people. In 2022, the US had 2.4M cases, while the UK had only 2.2M cases, but, again, the UK has about 1/5 the population of the US.

Harvard did a study back in 2007 or so which found that it's not the weapon used that is the biggest factor in CRIME. It's actually the Socio/Economic factors.

Would Banning Firearms Reduce Murder and Suicide? A Review of International Evidence

1687011664650.png

I’m not American, so I likely share your views on guns.

Having said that, your country has been the most genocidal in human history. In 1755, your country attempted genocide to my people by taking their lands and putting us on boats. Thousands perished.

This BS English speakers often use (that was years ago, move on) is utter crap. We have felt the effects for 250 years and I’m pretty sure the Irish and the Scottish feel the same way. I wonder if Nazi sympathizers would be well received in a few hundred years with the ‘let bygones’……

Guns - IMO - are bad. But so has England for the better part of its history.

Back to the story : I think they should move on from the player. Backlash and bad decision-making will overwhelm his value.

Farn - Could you clarify who you were referring to? 1755, the US was under British Rule.. So are you referring to the UK or the US?

Yeah understand.. he facing 10 counts.. it's just a tough situation.. I really Like JJ..
It's not tough at all. He's a firearms owner. It's his responsibility to know the laws. It's especially hypocritical of him considering that he posted about a month ago in regards to firearms and taking them places.

Will he be cut or should he be cut? I don’t know. My concern is years ago he robbed a Panda Express and now this. How long until the third incident, it’s not a question of if but it is when. This is what Bob and Bill will have to discuss.
Maybe the NFL suspends him 2 to 4 games and Bob and Bill feel that is sufficient enough and then they hope the third incident doesn’t happen here or it happens on another team.

I dunno why people think he needs to be cut. He didn’t hurt anyone here and he wasn’t posting to social media show-boating. Could be as simple as having grabbed the wrong bag before going to the airport. Is that smart? No but it’s a pretty far cry from the Aaron Hernandez comparisons some are making…

Your takes are usually spot on, but this one is not.

Unfortunately he is gone- not just because of the loaded guns but also the high cap mag. That is as f'king brain dead as you can ever possibly be as far as Things Not To Bring On The Plane.

If I'm the DA, I'm absolutely bringing up his social media posts, especially the ones thugging about guns.

No way he can plead ignorance.

Will he be cut or should he be cut? I don’t know. My concern is years ago he robbed a Panda Express and now this. How long until the third incident, it’s not a question of if but it is when. This is what Bob and Bill will have to discuss.
Maybe the NFL suspends him 2 to 4 games and Bob and Bill feel that is sufficient enough and then they hope the third incident doesn’t happen here or it happens on another team.

He's gone, period.

There’s no constitutional right to bring a loaded gun on a plane. Nor is there a right to break other firearms laws. He has the right to own guns, but he must do so legally and he apparently did not. I’m not sure how they try and plea bargain this combo of state and federal charges, but the high capacity charge has a 2.5 year minimum.
The "High Capacity" charges won't stick because of the SCOTUS cases of HELLER & Bruen. Magazines greater than 10 rounds have been in common use since the late 70s.

That being said, as a gun owner, he fubared things royally since he's responsible for knowing the laws of the state he's traveling to.

It will be interesting to hear where he bought the firearms. I mean, did he travel with the TO MA to begin with? Or did he buy them in MA. If he bought them there in MA, then did he buy them from a private seller or an FFL. If it was an FFL, that FFL will have some splaining to do since you legally can't give a firearm to a person who's ID is from another state. You have to ship it back to an FFL in their State of Residence.

I'll paraphrase ctsports with a question instead... Are you a total ****ing idiot?

Still mad at me because I schooled you in the Brady debate?

The police didn't stampede his home and raid his secure gun cabinet. He was arrested at an airport for "multiple charges, including unlawful possession of a firearm, carrying a loaded firearm, possession of a large-capacity feeding device and possession of ammunition without a firearm identification card." Get a clue Mr. Heston.

Ok Democrat. Yes, and thousands of people do this every year.

I think it’s almost a question of how much more BS they want to put up with this guy. There were character questions before he was drafted. Then the suspension because he wasn’t doing his injury treatment right and now this. If they do keep him, it’s a SHORT leash, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they move on.

He didn't rob it. He attempted to with two other people. He pled guilty to a misdemeanor and served 45 days house arrest. That was 5 years ago.

I’d say letting your gun permit expire is a mistake. Getting a gun without a permit (where required) is a disregard for the law. Taking that gun loaded on a plane is an epic blunder and multiple felonies. It’s not simply a mistake.
Except, as pointed out, It's typically handled with just a fine. As has been pointed out several times. I've never heard of Felonies being JUST a fine.

I'm not excusing Jones. I've said it's his responsibility to know the law. I'm just pointing out that it may not be as extreme as you think.

I’m not American, so I likely share your views on guns.

Having said that, your country has been the most genocidal in human history. In 1755, your country attempted genocide to my people by taking their lands and putting us on boats. Thousands perished.

This BS English speakers often use (that was years ago, move on) is utter crap. We have felt the effects for 250 years and I’m pretty sure the Irish and the Scottish feel the same way. I wonder if Nazi sympathizers would be well received in a few hundred years with the ‘let bygones’……

Guns - IMO - are bad. But so has England for the better part of its history.

Back to the story : I think they should move on from the player. Backlash and bad decision-making will overwhelm his value.
Are you seriously still crying that British citizens revolted against tyranny and founded the greatest nation on the face of the earth?
As far as genocide, just because your side lost, it was still responsible for warring against people that wanted to abdicate to their own country.

Seriously this day and age who doesn’t know this. Also if he has them illegally he will definitely by cut by Bill. Fricking moronic kids

I agree. I’m not saying that he does have the right to bring the gun on the plane. But him having a gun by itself is a constitutional right and should hardly be reason for getting cut. He made a mistake.
I have stated I own guns. My Constitutional right has guidelines that I believe in. Gun Laws are not to be taken lightly.
Before you enter the doors of Logan there are many signs that state NO FIREARMS.
Making a mistake boarding a plane is a big bottle of Suntan lotion. This is a criminal offense and never should be argued away with our 2nd amendment rights. It weakens our right to own.
I would not be too happy with someone sitting next to me on a plane fully armed. Can turn into shooting fish in a barrel really quick. Recent behavior by others makes that analogy not too far fetched. He had guns on his carry on. Rather he checked his luggage even though that is a crime.
Not saying he is a bad kid. But his actions make me suspicious. Most likely just a kid that just don’t give a crap. Robbing a Panda Express as a kid can be explained away. When you have the chance to make multi millions by just doing the right thing. He had a setback by getting a team suspension months ago. The team overlooks that but short time later you do this. Now that gives me and the team every right to be suspicious and angry.
Time to cut bait.

From afar in the Uk we get that most of you guys love your guns. That alone seems odd to us but the lack of background checks etc just seems insane. We need a license to have a ****ing TV :).
"shall not be infringed"

at any rate, it's about time Krafty Bob make a statement denouncing the evils of firearms....the social justice clock is ticking Bob

So the founding fathers were DUMB?

History says otherwise.

Wherever there has been registration, the government eventually came for the guns. In many instances Millions died.

The United States is "DUMB" because it doesn't address the bigger issues. Which are the piss poor mental health care system and the legal system that doesn't actually uphold the laws we have while thinking NEW laws will fix the issues. Many of the "mass shootings" where 3or more are killed would never happen if we actually upheld the laws we have.

66% of ALL gun deaths are suicides. If we did more than just shove anti-psychotics and psychotropics down people's throats, we would eliminate a good portion of them as well as one of the leading factors of Mass Shootings.

When I researched 89 of the Mass Shootings where 5 or more people were killed NOT including the shooter, from 2003-May 2022, this is what I found:
51 of the shooters had a diagnosed mental health issue.
15 of the shooters did not have a diagnosed mental health issue and were not diagnosed with one after the shooting.
21 of the shooters were felt to have a mental health issue by the family or friends but were not diagnosed.
1 case I found to be undetermined.

So of the 88, 60% involved a shooter with Mental Illness. Another 25% were thought to involve mental illness.

Now, one thing to note. There have not been over 200 mass shootings in ANY year. Ever. This is fear mongering by gun grabbers. They have changed the definition of "mass shooting" to include Gang Violence, Hostage situations, and murder suicides.. Something that prior to Sandy Hook, were never counted.
The right to bear arms was established solely to allow citizens to protect themselves against a tyrannical government. That should be a non negotiable right. Many feel what we are witnessing today is the exact dynamic the founding fathers feared.

You are absolutely correct that the cause of murder is the murderous intent of the killer but the weapon of choice. We need to fix why Americans, usually young adults, want to kill other Americans.
The murder rate in the US is lower than the global average. If you take away the guns, you haven’t solved that people want to kill people and like in other countries with guns banned and higher death rates, you’ve just changed what weapon is used. And then your law abiding citizens cannot defend themselves against criminals or tyrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back