PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman Suspension Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that Edelman had no idea he was taking something illegal. One logical assumption would be that whoever was designing his supplement program added the offending substance thinking if it wasn't on the list of 70 banned items it was OK. He didn't realize it would create a positive test result...once removed.

I don't think anyone was doing something untoward, either the league OR Edelman. As the supplement business becomes more and more sophisticated, the PED enforcement laws become more and more complex. The key thing to remember here is that "ignorance of the law is NOT an excuse."

The reality is that even without Edelman the Pats are in much better shape at WR they have been in several years. No great stars, but good professional receivers playing in an offense that rewards precision more than individual talent. We'll be OK.

Roger Goodells alter ego

I don't know what happened, I am sorry this happened. With a four game suspension he will have more time to heal and get his timing down. I am assuming he will find someone to work with that doesn't violate the rules, I think that is easy. He should be stronger when we make the playoffs.
I like Edelman a lot, he has a lot of talent to offer. Brady needs him as they have a great relationship on and off the field. We have others to fill the gap during the 4 games.

Go Pats

"I don't think anyone was doing something untoward, either the league OR Edelman. As the supplement business becomes more and more sophisticated, the PED enforcement laws become more and more complex. The key thing to remember here is that "ignorance of the law is NOT an excuse."

Even more key IMO is, beat and rape repeatedly any woman you want in the back of an Uber...three games. May/May not have used an unidentified substance that may/may not be illegal and that does NOT exist on the banned list...FOUR games>

Seems logical to NFL Sheeple Nation. Wake up, godammit!!!!! What you're seeing is PREPOSTEROUS.

There is no such thing as an independent anything. The NFL has a contracts with everyone.. And if you want to play with the NFL you do what they want

The union has the right to strike any member of the appeals panel that they believe would unfairly rule in the NFL's favor.

Last time somebody got suspended four games we won the superbowl so this bodes well :).

Even more key IMO is, beat and rape repeatedly any woman you want in the back of an Uber...three games. May/May not have used an unidentified substance that may/may not be illegal and that does NOT exist on the banned list...FOUR games

The union explicitly agreed to 4 game suspensions for PED violations.

And the union explicitly agreed to a banned substances list that explicitly states that in addition to things named on the list, things not on the list but with similar chemical structure and/or biological effects to things on the list are also banned.

So if you want to complain about something, complain about the NFLPA or that Goodell didn’t use Article 46 to give Winston a longer suspension.

The union explicitly agreed to 4 game suspensions for PED violations.

And the union explicitly agreed to a banned substances list that explicitly states that in addition to things named on the list, things not on the list but with similar chemical structure and/or biological effects to things on the list are also banned.

So if you want to complain about something, complain about the NFLPA or that Goodell didn’t use Article 46 to give Winston a longer suspension.
The league also has a 6 game policy for what Winston did, he ended up negotiating a 3 game. This is what makes goody and the NFL look like clowns.

It makes me not want to watch any NFL anymore. Assault..3 games..a drug that we still don't know about...4.

Sad to say would have been better if he assaulted someone. (That's how ****** the NFL is)

The league also has a 6 game policy for what Winston did, he ended up negotiating a 3 game. This is what makes goody and the NFL look like clowns.
Is the 6 games for domestic violence only or does it include sexual assault. I don’t know but I think it’s DV only. Not that it takes away from your point because josh brown got 1 game well after the 6 game rule was enacted.

Is the 6 games for domestic violence only or does it include sexual assault. I don’t know but I think it’s DV only. Not that it takes away from your point because josh brown got 1 game well after the 6 game rule was enacted.

6 game rule got over-ruled by "team in NY rule".

It makes me not want to watch any NFL anymore. Assault..3 games..a drug that we still don't know about...4.

Sad to say would have been better if he assaulted someone. (That's how ****** the NFL is)
They are different sets of rules.

PEDs are collectively bargained as 4 games.
Personal conduct is collectively bargained as league discretion.

Winston should face legal repercussions and the league should let it be handle by the criminal justice system.

Edelman should get 4 games because every PED violator before him got 4 games.

They are different sets of rules.

PEDs are collectively bargained as 4 games.
Personal conduct is collectively bargained as league discretion.

Winston should face legal repercussions and the league should let it be handle by the criminal justice system.

Edelman should get 4 games because every PED violator before him got 4 games.
Okay, cool. We know you feel Edelman needs to be out 4 games. How many games do you personally feel Winston should be out?

I'll complain about anything Goodell does to harm the NE Patriots any God dyam time I want. If someone doesn't like it he/she can pound sand at the beach all summer.

Anyone who apologizes and throws themselves at the mercy of the league gets a break. Anyone who doesn't gets the book Brady and Elliott fought the league. If Brady had lied and admitted guilt he would have gotten 2 games.

It's ludicrous, during the next CBA the PA must insist that punishments be set and cases decided by independent arbitration, like the PED agreement does. That takes the buffoons in the league office out of it.

Okay, cool. We know you feel Edelman needs to be out 4 games. How many games do you personally feel Winston should be out?
None.

I'll complain about anything Goodell does to harm the NE Patriots any God dyam time I want. If someone doesn't like it he/she can pound sand at the beach all summer.
Complain all you want about whatever. If you want to look silly complaining about Goodell with respect to something he actually had nothing to do with, go for it.

I find it interesting that you cling to rule after rule to defend 4 game punishments for Edelman, defend a 1 game light punishment for Brown but then when a harsher punisment for Winston is levied which was allowed by a rule, you run away from that rule. Please don't say " but the rule, the rule, the rule" to make your cases for the punishments you feel or just and then complain about "the rule" when you disagree with the punishments.

Complain all you want about whatever. If you want to look silly complaining about Goodell with respect to something he actually had nothing to do with, go for it.

Goodell had nothing to do with a decision by the league? That's news to him. This intractable decision has his paw prints all over it.

"I don't think anyone was doing something untoward, either the league OR Edelman. As the supplement business becomes more and more sophisticated, the PED enforcement laws become more and more complex. The key thing to remember here is that "ignorance of the law is NOT an excuse."

Even more key IMO is, beat and rape repeatedly any woman you want in the back of an Uber...three games. May/May not have used an unidentified substance that may/may not be illegal and that does NOT exist on the banned list...FOUR games>

Seems logical to NFL Sheeple Nation. Wake up, godammit!!!!! What you're seeing is PREPOSTEROUS.
Many will say to let deflategate/the persecution compelex go, but that torch will he burning for the remainder of my days. Beating a dead horse is sometimes justified

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST