Votes: 7 26.9%
  • yes, but book after Feb 4 flight

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • yes, but with a return ticket

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there you go. I also think BB is not a big fan of TEs who can block but can't catch.
Well, if he isn't, he sure seems to have carried a lot of them over the years.

Well there you go. I also think BB is not a big fan of TEs who can block but can't catch.

BB kept Hooman for how many years again? And Hooman was mediocre blocker as well as receiver.

So I'm not sure I agree on that. I think whether BB keeps one or not depends on a variety of factors I am unfortunately not privy to.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with you. However, I am not a person who says AWESOME or SUCKS without thinking about it. I think that so far, Duane Allen has been a disappointment, or even a bust if you will. I feel I am not alone in this assessment (correct me if I am wrong, but until Sunday even Tom Brady had stopped looking Allen's way). But I was happy for the guy that he got that TD pass and hope that things are trending upward. I also noted the fact that his teammates, including the aforementioned Tom Brady, were really happy for him that he got the catch, indicating that he is a good teammate. I also wonder why, though, if all BB, JMcD and TB wanted from Allen was a blocker able to make a catch every (maybe) 10 games or so, they immediately picked up his injured predecessor and inserted him into the game with one practice under his belt, whereupon he caught three passes. I know others disagree with my assessment, and my opinion that most, if not all of the balls thrown Allen's way were "catchable." However, it makes me mad that because I disagree with some on whether Duane Allen is any good, or worth his contract, my intelligence is insulted I am told I don't know WTF is going on. I also disagree with that assessment, hence my "snarky" comment. It's okay. I've moved on to discussions about end zone celebrations.

You complain about people attacking your intelligence or effort but dont even know the first name of the player you are criticizing.

+ fumble recovery on Butterfingers Burkhead's bobble.

Okay, Burkhead will be fine. But he didn't have a good game yesterday, and I think mentally he let that fumble ruin his day.

I think now that Allen has finally gotten off the schneid, he'll contribute normally in the passing game like we always expected him to.

He won't put up 80 yards and 3 TDs, but if he can be a credible passing threat that defenses have to at least account for, and catch a few passes a game, that would be fine.

+ fumble recovery on Butterfingers Burkhead's bobble.

Okay, Burkhead will be fine. But he didn't have a good game yesterday, and I think mentally he let that fumble ruin his day.

I think now that Allen has finally gotten off the schneid, he'll contribute normally in the passing game like we always expected him to.

He won't put up 80 yards and 3 TDs, but if he can be a credible passing threat that defenses have to at least account for, and catch a few passes a game, that would be fine.

Kind of “liked“ Burk's fumble/drops. It will be a good test of his mental toughness before real games start. (also might keep his price tag down a bit..;))

He has unique skillset and versatility. Now its test of all-important dependability..

Last edited:
Kind of “liked“ Burk's fumble/drops. It will be a good test of his mental toughness before real games start. (also might keep his price tag down a bit..;))

He has unique skillset and versatility. Now its test of all-important dependability..

We'll see if Gillislee is active in the next game with Burkheads subpar performance yesterday.

You complain about people attacking your intelligence or effort but dont even know the first name of the player you are criticizing.
Really? This is what you bring to the table?

Anyway, good for Allen - a second game where he made significant contributions, not the least of which was a great fumble recovery.

When it rains it pours if Defenses have to worry about Dwayne Allen in the Patriots Offense...they are going to have problems.:cool: Excellent playing calling on that play that sprung him loose.

Earlier this decade did you chastize every poster who typed "Mallet" with 1 T?

Pffft! That's nothing compared to trying to type O"Shauwngnesssy correctly every damn time. Among the many reasons that I'm thankful he's no longer on the roster.

Allen was incredibly clutch yesterday, the fumble recovery, the touch catch on third down. good on him.

Earlier this decade did you chastize every poster who typed "Mallet" with 1 T?

If you want your opinion not to come off as lazy drivel you better at least get the name right. I dont think that is too much to ask.

Pffft! That's nothing compared to trying to type O"Shauwngnesssy correctly every damn time. Among the many reasons that I'm thankful he's no longer on the roster.

I see you missed the party of everyone just calling him JO.

But even the full name of O'Shagnassty would be a small price to pay for a proper TE that costed “us“ (dare I remember it?) George Kittle..

I see you missed the party of everyone just calling him JO.

But even the full name of O'Shagnassty would be a small price to pay for a proper TE that costed “us“ (dare I remember it?) George Kittle..

I didn't realize that "Kittle" was spelled with two "t's". Thought it was three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes