• yes, but with a return ticket

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
One of the most popular posts last week was Pats should send useless Allen to the moon once they claimed Bennett.

I wonder if that disposition changed somewhat a game day later?

For some help first an illustration what he is doing all season long. A decisive double block for Burkhead's 4th down conversion (not best shot here but you might remember how mighty it looked in close up):

And finally - first catch - a TD. Gronk happy. Tom happy.

Last edited:
As mentioned many times, there is absolutely no reason to get rid of Allen, so anyone thinking that needs to re-think their stance.

1) You’d save almost no money against the cap. 2) You have a banged up Bennett who can go at any moment. 3) You have Allen’s blocking ability. 4)And finally, you have more options with larger, multiple TE sets. All of this will be important for the stretch run into Dec/Jan.

If you need to free up a roster spot then you’d have to look elsewhere, possibly even to TE4 Hollister.

The only people *****ing about him are the ones who just had weird expectations of him being a 1:1 replacement for Bennett.

If you look how we invested into Cooks and Dorsett -- two speedy receivers -- it is clear to me that it was more important to have a good blocker who can occasionally be a pass threat than the other way around. Anything between 250-300 yards on the season would be the target really. But some just get hung up on his contract as if it matters. He will be cut or restructured after this season so none of it will be an issue.

He should have caught some more balls, Brady could have not under and overthrown him twice for big gains and finally in an ideal world he could have had less issues with the playbook. But it is what it is and they are making the best out of it.

Last edited:
the TD play has showed me that the team (gronk, brady especially) were really happy Allen got a TD, that to me shows that his teammebers believe he deserves it...and that's all i need to know

no more negative towards Allen from me (there wasnt all that much to begin with)

Um, we were *****ing about him because he was lousy. Glad he had a good game tonight and he seems like a nice guy who is popular with teammates. Hopefully he'll continue trending upward (not on a rocket).

I don't know him (or any other players) personally. For half pf the season he seemed like an overpriced misfit. I bet he has been working hard and until now it has not really shown. Good for him.

To the moon? No. But if you feel the need you can stealthily sign him up for that Mars Inhabitation thing.

Where's the video of the end zone drop?
I didn't see that as a drop - looked to me like the defender got his hands on it.

Just watched it again. Allen never cleanly catches the ball. I think he's going to drop it but you can never be sure. #34 knocked it away, but I don't think he was going to catch it, but maybe he's able to re-grip it if #34 is not there to knock it away.

And watching it over and over right now. I think Allen drops that even if #34 is not there to knock it away. He closed his hands too early.

Edit: I'm going back and forth on this now, He has fingers on it, there's a chance he holds on to the ball if #34 doesn't knock it out.

But bottom line, needs to catch it cleanly, that was the knock on him according to the clots fan base.

Last edited:
Just watched it again. Allen never cleanly catches the ball. I think he's going to drop it but you can never be sure. #34 knocked it away, but I don't think he was going to catch it, but maybe he's able to re-grip it if #34 is not there to knock it away.

And watching it over and over right now. I think Allen drops that even if #34 is not there to knock it away. He closed his hands too early.

Edit: I'm going back and forth on this now, He has fingers on it, there's a chance he holds on to the ball if #34 doesn't knock it out.

But bottom line, needs to catch it cleanly, that was the knock on him according to the clots fan base.

This one was closer to what a dropped pass really is, than many of the other incompletions he had thrown his way this season.

I don't know him (or any other players) personally. For half pf the season he seemed like an overpriced misfit. I bet he has been working hard and until now it has not really shown. Good for him.

So many players look like overpriced misfits after the offseason banners go down and the season starts.. Id guess this cap thing league is more about coaching, practicing, getting better, more familiar, comfortable, glued etc. and HC making the best use of what he has..

So many “JAGs“ were key to BBs and Pats success over the past 18 seasons (17th winning in the making)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News