PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dugger possible COVID positive or contact (edit: added to Reserve/Covid list)

If he’s vaccinated, he’s not a “close contact” but tested positive.

If he’s unvaccinated, he has a five day isolation protocol, which would end tomorrow or Monday.

Not sure why so many reporters don’t understand the basics of how this works. If he was indeed a close contact and he’s on reserve, there’s a 99% chance he’s unvaccinated and a very likely chance he’ll clear protocol before the game.

They don't "upset me," they simply are ridiculously wrong. No way in the history of the world and beyond has a nurse ever made that kind of money. Either you're making it up or whoever told you that with a straight face needs their head examined. Or maybe you're confusing nurses with doctors.
Sorry you can't wrap your head around what is an extreme regional supply/demand problem at positions hospitals have no choice but to fully staff.
You can easily google what I've mentioned rather than making ill-informed denunciations
Here's one source (Newsweek):

In order to cover staff shortages in hospitals, Miami's Jackson Memorial Health System paid time-and-a-half for overtime and an additional $500 per picked-up 12-hour shift. Even with those incentives, the hospital still turns to agencies to fill openings, the Associated Press reported.
The hospital's CEO said nurses are being lured away from their jobs to others states at double or triple the salary. Executive vice president Julie Staub said some nurses are also being lost to staffing agencies or pandemic burnout.
"You are seeing folks chase the dollars," she said. "If they have the flexibility to pick up and go somewhere else and live for a week, months, whatever and make more money, it is a very enticing thing to do. I think every health care system is facing that."

Florida Nurses Offered $500 Bonuses for Each Extra Shift During COVID Surge (newsweek.com)

That story is about Miami Dade county.
As you move up the coast, the dynamics change.
In Broward County, hospitals are paying $1000/shift bonuses. My source: Head ER Broward county hospital nurse (and neighbor) who recruits nurses to fill shifts.
In Palm Beach County where the country's wealthiest snowbirds and retirees come to spend their life's fortunes and die in luxury, hospitals are paying nurses even more; bonuses ($1000-$1500) on regular shifts as well as extra shifts and some nurses are at the same time getting overtime wages for all hours not just OT hours (as crazy as that sounds). My source: a Palm Beach county nurse (and neighbor) who cashes these checks and my wife who has access to her hospital's weekly budget reports.

Note: My people in the know, just like the article, all say "you can't believe how many local nurses are uprooting and heading to Texas.

If he’s unvaccinated, he has a five day isolation protocol, which would end tomorrow or Monday.

Not sure why so many reporters don’t understand the basics of how this works. If he was indeed a close contact and he’s on reserve, there’s a 99% chance he’s unvaccinated and a very likely chance he’ll clear protocol before the game.
It was confirmed that he tested positive when he went on the list.

Thanks.

Then the initial report about being a close contact was false. Unlikely he’s playing. TJ Watt just cleared it in five days, but that rarely happens. If he tests positive tomorrow, they’ll rule him out.

Sorry you can't wrap your head around what is an extreme regional supply/demand problem at positions hospitals have no choice but to fully staff.
You can easily google what I've mentioned rather than making ill-informed denunciations
Here's one source (Newsweek):

In order to cover staff shortages in hospitals, Miami's Jackson Memorial Health System paid time-and-a-half for overtime and an additional $500 per picked-up 12-hour shift. Even with those incentives, the hospital still turns to agencies to fill openings, the Associated Press reported.
The hospital's CEO said nurses are being lured away from their jobs to others states at double or triple the salary. Executive vice president Julie Staub said some nurses are also being lost to staffing agencies or pandemic burnout.
"You are seeing folks chase the dollars," she said. "If they have the flexibility to pick up and go somewhere else and live for a week, months, whatever and make more money, it is a very enticing thing to do. I think every health care system is facing that."

Florida Nurses Offered $500 Bonuses for Each Extra Shift During COVID Surge (newsweek.com)

That story is about Miami Dade county.
As you move up the coast, the dynamics change.
In Broward County, hospitals are paying $1000/shift bonuses. My source: Head ER Broward county hospital nurse (and neighbor) who recruits nurses to fill shifts.
In Palm Beach County where the country's wealthiest snowbirds and retirees come to spend their life's fortunes and die in luxury, hospitals are paying nurses even more; bonuses ($1000-$1500) on regular shifts as well as extra shifts and some nurses are at the same time getting overtime wages for all hours not just OT hours (as crazy as that sounds). My source: a Palm Beach county nurse (and neighbor) who cashes these checks and my wife who has access to her hospital's weekly budget reports.

Note: My people in the know, just like the article, all say "you can't believe how many local nurses are uprooting and heading to Texas.
And NY because 34,000 health care workers were fired.

I was referring to Hightower and Perkins

Well the Biden administration could not prove that and lost the mandate case. The judge was clear that they didn’t come close to proving that. I’ll go with that over your opinion

Example:

if you're talking about the 5th Circuit stay, you should read it fully, because it's an absolute ****show, saying that COVID isn't a "grave danger" because there are mild cases. And that was about the OSHA restrictions on companies with 100+ employees.

As for my response, it's not "my opinion."

It's the studies that say the unvaccinated are 3-5 times more likely to contract COVID. Which means, in simple terms, an unvaccinated person would be 3 to 5 more times likely to give someone COVID, just to start, right? Because if you don't have it, you can't transmit it.

And it's the studies that say unvaccinated people who get COVID will be contagious longer (3-5 times) than those who were vaccinated.

It's not my opinion, it's basic math.

if you're talking about the 5th Circuit stay, you should read it fully, because it's an absolute ****show, saying that COVID isn't a "grave danger" because there are mild cases. And that was about the OSHA restrictions on companies with 100+ employees.

As for my response, it's not "my opinion."

It's the studies that say the unvaccinated are 3-5 times more likely to contract COVID. Which means, in simple terms, an unvaccinated person would be 3 to 5 more times likely to give someone COVID, just to start, right? Because if you don't have it, you can't transmit it.

And it's the studies that say unvaccinated people who get COVID will be contagious longer (3-5 times) than those who were vaccinated.

It's not my opinion, it's basic math.
Then why didn’t the Biden administration present this proof?
You are citing studies, ones that you choose because they support your argument.
When challenged in court it was not proven.

My wife is in her 27th year of nursing (six different hospitals) and has served as union steward for the MNA. I told her a guy at Patsfans.com is claiming $1k-$2k nurse shift bonuses somewhere. She laughed, told me to get off the Internet and quit stalling getting the Christmas lights up. Thanks to Borg's nonsense my day is ruined; I will be atop a ladder plotting my revenge against him.
Maybe a sign on bonus of up to $15-20K but not a bonus per shift of that much.....
Nursing shortage spawns hefty sign-on bonuses in Western Pa.

EDIT- Here's a link to an article claiming some nurses in Fargo, ND are getting $8K per week ( yup, you betcha)
Need a COVID-19 Nurse? That’ll Be $8,000 a Week

Hmmmm...Nurse Joker...wonder if I could get away with it?....."doctor...my nurse hasn't given me my Vicodin in weeks..."

Then why didn’t the Biden administration present this proof?
You are citing studies, ones that you choose because they support your argument.
When challenged in court it was not proven.
What, exactly, wasn't proven? You're speaking in massive generalities here. The Louisiana circuit said that COVID wasn't always lethal, ergo, no need for any emergency mandates. Show me the case in question, since there are several.

What, exactly, wasn't proven? You're speaking in massive generalities here. The Louisiana circuit said that COVID wasn't always lethal, ergo, no need for any emergency mandates. Show me the case in question, since there are several.
I already quoted it and linked the ruling in post 271.
In general, the overwhelming lack of evidence likely shows CMS had insufficient evidence to mandate vaccination on the wide range of facilities that it did. Looking even beyond the evidence deficiencies relating to the specific facilities covered, the lack of data regarding vaccination status and transmissibility—in general—is concerning. Indeed, CMS states that “the effectiveness of the vaccine to prevent disease transmission by those vaccinated [is] not currently known” 17

Maybe a sign on bonus of up to $15-20K but not a bonus per shift of that much.....

EDIT- Here's a link to an article claiming some nurses in Fargo, ND are getting $8K per week ( yup, you betcha)
I found that too. It's amazing but true. When supply and demand say you can get 8k in a week, you can get 8k in a week. You want that skilled worker on the front line of a pandemic dealing with only people infected with a deadly disease, it turns out they cost you. Life and death sort of sets up what we call an inelastic demand.

We get our boosters on the 16th and it can't come soon enough.

Uncle Dug...take the red pill...it will be ok

I found that too. It's amazing but true. When supply and demand say you can get 8k in a week, you can get 8k in a week. You want that skilled worker on the front line of a pandemic dealing with only people infected with a deadly disease, it turns out they cost you. Life and death sort of sets up what we call an inelastic demand.

We get our boosters on the 16th and it can't come soon enough.
Got mine in mid-October.

I think things are about to get real ugly again in the NFL in terms of Covid upending the season right as the playoffs are approaching.

North Dakota -- America's answer to Siberia, where oil field workers get millions to not have a life. I suppose a nurse willing to risk his/her health and sanity in that purgatory might command $8k a week.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back