PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dugger possible COVID positive or contact (edit: added to Reserve/Covid list)

Recognize the entire health system is stretched way beyond its breaking point. We have contact with the hospice end of nursing, and they can't keep people.

So just like the $7,000 electric bills because you had electric heat in Texas during super-capitalist energy pricing, this might just be what supply and demand looks like for nursing in a purposefully perpetual pandemic. (I'm also skeptical - I've heard of the big signing bonuses but not the $2k/shift bonuses. That said... what do I know? What mechanism would allay this given this market?)

My wife is in her 27th year of nursing (six different hospitals) and has served as union steward for the MNA. I told her a guy at Patsfans.com is claiming $1k-$2k nurse shift bonuses somewhere. She laughed, told me to get off the Internet and quit stalling getting the Christmas lights up. Thanks to Borg's nonsense my day is ruined; I will be atop a ladder plotting my revenge against him.

My wife is in her 27th year of nursing (six different hospitals) and has served as union steward for the MNA. I told her a guy at Patsfans.com is claiming $1k-$2k nurse shift bonuses somewhere. She laughed, told me to get off the Internet and quit stalling getting the Christmas lights up. Thanks to Borg's nonsense my day is ruined; I will be atop a ladder plotting my revenge against him.
LOL. This is the last place we should come for info outside of football.

Why? The only person I am endangering are others who also chose to not get jabbed. If you are jabbed how can I endanger you?

Or so they experts tell us. LOL
You endanger my sister-in-law who had cancer recently. You endanger a friend who had a heart transplant right before the pandemic. You endanger three of my grandkids who are too young to be vaccinated. You endanger my elderly sisters/aunts/uncles who got the vaccines, but for whom the effectiveness of the vaccine was lesser, and may have waned, as they're seeing around the world.

In short, you endanger lots of people around you with comorbidities, many of whom whose status as higher-risk will be unknown to you.

Unfortunately for anyone who may have been injured by the vaccine, the vaccine makers got immunity from liability that prevents them from being sued successfully. Employers who require it may be on the hook....
This is true for all vaccines.

Recognize the entire health system is stretched way beyond its breaking point. We have contact with the hospice end of nursing, and they can't keep people.

It's apparently true - 400k/year.

So just like the $7,000 electric bills because you had electric heat in Texas during super-capitalist energy pricing, this might just be what supply and demand looks like for nursing in a pandemic. (I was also skeptical, but the $8k a week figure appears in that story. That said... what do I know? What mechanism would allay this given this market?)

It's not like we have national health care where the gubmit just sets nurse's pay.
Well we all knew @borg was telling the truth, it’s just that some have their misconceptions threatened by it so went into denial

You endanger my sister-in-law who had cancer recently. You endanger a friend who had a heart transplant right before the pandemic. You endanger three of my grandkids who are too young to be vaccinated. You endanger my elderly sisters/aunts/uncles who got the vaccines, but for whom the effectiveness of the vaccine was lesser, and may have waned, as they're seeing around the world.

In short, you endanger lots of people around you with comorbidities, many of whom whose status as higher-risk will be unknown to you.
But there is no evidence that unvaccinated are more likely to transmit than vaccinated. The judge that threw out the mandate rules that the Biden administration could not prove that, or even come close.

Yeah that really refutes direct proof.

But there is no evidence that unvaccinated are more likely to transmit than vaccinated. The judge that threw out the mandate rules that the Biden administration could not prove that, or even come close.
Yes there is. I'm sorry, but you're simply wrong about that. It's perhaps the biggest misconception out there.

A vaccinated person is 3-5 less likely to get COVID.
Peak COVID, the highly infectious period, lasts for a much shorter time period than for a person not vaccinated.

One headline sent this misrepresentation spinning about the internet: "A vaccinated person can be as contagious as an unvaccinated person."

Technically true, but it doesn't mean what you said, or what has been inferred around the intertubes. The Atlantic did a great write-up on this, including links to the studies.

Nurses are so Noble in this day and age.
All the admiration towards them and your wife
Saying that get those damn lights up

Yes there is. I'm sorry, but you're simply wrong about that. It's perhaps the biggest misconception out there.

A vaccinated person is 3-5 less likely to get COVID.
Peak COVID, the highly infectious period, lasts for a much shorter time period than for a person not vaccinated.

One headline sent this misrepresentation spinning about the internet: "A vaccinated person can be as contagious as an unvaccinated person."

Technically true, but it doesn't mean what you said, or what has been inferred around the intertubes. The Atlantic did a great write-up on this, including links to the studies.
Well the Biden administration could not prove that and lost the mandate case. The judge was clear that they didn’t come close to proving that. I’ll go with that over your opinion

Example:

In general, the overwhelming lack of evidence likely shows CMS had insufficient evidence to mandate vaccination on the wide range of facilities that it did. Looking even beyond the evidence deficiencies relating to the specific facilities covered, the lack of data regarding vaccination status and transmissibility—in general—is concerning. Indeed, CMS states that “the effectiveness of the vaccine to prevent disease transmission by those vaccinated [is] not currently known” 17

Last edited:
Can one of the linebackers follow Knox ?

Well we all knew @borg was telling the truth, it’s just that some have their misconceptions threatened by it so went into denial
You should stop every time you begin a sentence with "Well we all knew." You're also out here pretending that unvaccinated people aren't spreading virus. Where you go one, you go all, is not your friend on this stuff :D

The Kaiser story really was a gob-smacker, and at least they say those dollars are out there. (@Tunescribe, I posted skeptically, then did a quick check, and edited my post. At least Kaiser Permanente says that money is out there... somewhere anyway. Maybe just not expressed in "per shift bonus" dollars.)

You should stop every time you begin a sentence with "Well we all knew." You're also out here pretending that unvaccinated people aren't spreading virus. Where you go one, you go all, is not your friend on this stuff :D

The Kaiser story really was a gob-smacker, and at least they say those dollars are out there. (@Tunescribe, I posted skeptically, then did a quick check, and edited my post. At least Kaiser Permanente says that money is out there... somewhere anyway. Maybe just not expressed in "per shift bonus" dollars.)
We knew because @borg related a real life story. Are you calling him a liar?
When did I say unvaccinated people don’t spread the virus? I simply quoted the judge saying that the Biden administration could not offer any evidence that being vaccinated reduces the spreading. Wouldn’t you think if there were real evidence they would have used it to defense their mandate?
Are you really arguing something they couldn’t prove is proven?

The article supports borgs claims and refutes the “no way that ever happens”.
As I said we all know it’s true, but people with agendas to protect won’t admit it. Just as the article I posted showing 34000 health care workers were fired in NY over vaccination is a major factor in nurse shortages which are causing life a d death surgeries to be delayed. Fact.

I thought you were a girl
I thought you were a ...uh...well I haven't really thought much about what you really are..that answer could prove to be frightening

Dugger? Dugger, anyone?
intouch.jpg

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back