PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dugger possible COVID positive or contact (edit: added to Reserve/Covid list)

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

Oh crap. This is just what the team doesn't need.

I hope this didn't come from the Titans guy (Byard?). Or maybe Taylor....

Last edited:

So 2 negative tests and he's good to play Monday night right? I assume he is vaccinated.

If he was COVID positive I think he would already be on the COVID-19 list. Since he is not on the list at this moment, I would guess he is negative with a close contact and the Pats are trying to follow the rules so they are seeking clarification (someone guessed he is unvaccinated).

If he was COVID positive I think he would already be on the COVID-19 list. Since he is not on the list at this moment, I would guess he is negative with a close contact and the Pats are trying to follow the rules so they are seeking clarification (someone guessed he is unvaccinated).
We'll just have to wait and see. If he goes COVID reserve without a positive test, I think that deductively makes him unvaccinated. But that hasn't happened yet.

We'll just have to wait and see. If he goes COVID reserve without a positive test, I think that deductively makes him unvaccinated. But that hasn't happened yet.

Yates is reporting Duggar will "likely" end up on the COVID-19 list. A positive COVID test would "definitely" land Duggar on the COVID-19 list, so reading between the lines, Duggar is negative but a close contact. I am not sure what this means for vaccinated versus unvaccinated.

Reactions: sb1
Yates is reporting Duggar will "likely" end up on the COVID-19 list. A positive COVID test would "definitely" land Duggar on the COVID-19 list, so reading between the lines, Duggar is negative but a close contact. I am not sure what this means for vaccinated versus unvaccinated.
If unvaxed and close contact he misses 10 days automatically even if he tests negative.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
but it thought........ nevermind

He tested positive, so he's likely out for Monday, even if vaccinated. Very few players have made it back within 5 days, vaccinated or not.

Duggar’s really been coming on. It’s an unfortunate twist, for sure.

So 2 negative tests and he's good to play Monday night right? I assume he is vaccinated.

Has to be, otherwise he's out for a mandatory 10 days

Hmmm... wonder of Chung has stayed in game shape... we do always do a Gladieux here...

that sucks. Tackling machine who could help against Allen's scrambling and running...

This sucks. I was just talking to a fellow Pats fan about this scenario yesterday, not specifically in reference to Dugger but just in general that things can change in an instant with a positive Covid test and it makes you hold your breath to some degree throughout the week. Would be a huge loss for them, if he can’t test negative on consecutive days (assuming that he is vaccinated). I also worry about other players going on the list this week.

it is what it is but thanks SB1 for inaugurating the chicken little hysteria for this week

Covid cases are higher this season than last season. I think we are about to see the season get compromised possibly worse than last year.
Honestly I disagree. Outside a loud minority I think most of us have kind of adjusted to CoVID. Sure, getting CoVID can mess up a team for a week but we now have decent protocols to contain an outbreak so what happened to the Browns last year probably won't happen again.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back