PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dugger possible COVID positive or contact (edit: added to Reserve/Covid list)

"doctor...my nurse hasn't given me my Vicodin in weeks..."
If you're the nurse in this scenario....why would you voluntarily give up said Vicodin?

If he travels id imagine that means hes had at least one negative test and most likely will end up testing negative again tomorrow. So guess well find out very soon his status for Monday. Hoping to be pleasantly suprised here but doubting he’ll make it this week
I would assume he cannot travel with the team unless he is fully cleared.

Had the Moderna booster Fri afternoon - sore arm until last night (lots of Advil calmed it) and now no symptoms.
Had a sore arm for a few days after my first Moderna shot, going for booster this week.

You appear to have been duped. You are reading Nature News (at the top of the article is says "NEWS 02 December 2021"), a news agency that leans left, not a journal article. Twitter started the blue check marks because so many people were fooled by misleading names. You can ignore articles from "Nature News" if you are seeking scientific facts.
No, I think you’re confused. That page is from the journal Nature, which is a well-established and well-respected peer reviewed science journal. Admittedtly these days that might mean it’s regarded as left-leaning in some circles, so you may not be totally alone In that opinion. But the rest of your claims, like ignoring it if you seek scientific facts are totally off-base. Here’s the Wikipedia description:
Nature is a British weekly scientific journal founded and based in London, England. As a multidisciplinary publication, Nature features peer-reviewed research from a variety of academic disciplines, mainly in science and technology. It has core editorial offices across the United States, continental Europe, and Asia under the international scientific publishing company Springer Nature. Nature was one of the world's most cited scientific journals by the Science Edition of the 2019 Journal Citation Reports (with an ascribed impact factor of 42.778), making it one of the world's most-read and most prestigious academic journals.

Here’s the link to the ”about” page on their site. I verified their DNS registration is legit with ICANN, nothing spoofed or fake on that part of the site.

NPR is a left wing news organization, just like Newsmax is a right wing news organization - neither should be quoted. You correctly note that "spreading twice as fast is not the same as twice as infectious".
Okay, wasn't sure whether you were just asking a question having to do with the vaccine/virus rather aggressively, or whether you're an idiot. Tx for clearing that up. I won't waste all our time with the rest of your pablum. I don't latch on to EVERY idiot's politically skewed denialist claptrap, and didn't realize that's where you're coming from.

Let me know when you have a peer reviewed article establishing that nobody has omicron, etc. tx

No, I think you’re confused. That page is from the journal Nature, which is a well-established and well-respected peer reviewed science journal. Admittedtly these days that might mean it’s regarded as left-leaning in some circles, so you may not be totally alone In that opinion. But the rest of your claims, like ignoring it if you seek scientific facts are totally off-base. Here’s the Wikipedia description:

Here’s the link to the ”about” page on their site. I verified their DNS registration is legit with ICANN, nothing spoofed or fake on that part of the site.
And here are the editors. They certainly have collected a great number of qualified people from around the globe, leading with the London contingent, "whoever they are."

Find it a little interesting that everyone just expects Dugger is sitting at home feeling great waiting till he test negative.
He could be as sick as one can get from covid. Do we really expect a guy who has been extremely sick for the past 5+ days, to just be back to 100% one day after testing negative.I would love to have him at 100%, but no matter what happens I doubt he’ll be that by Monday.

Yes you are right, but it is still a News story published by Nature, it is not a journal article. Peer reviewed journal articles are scientific by nature and confirmed by the scientifically community through the peer review process as opposed to approved by a news editor. Your link says, "Nature also provides rapid, authoritative, insightful and arresting news" which is exactly what I pointed out (the fact they publish "arresting" news is a tell). It is a news story, not a peer reviewed journal article. News articles by definition are news, news may or may not contain facts, and that is why news stories are commonly retracted. With something as critical as COVID information, I prefer to stick with peer reviewed journal articles, not news stories. Maybe you differ.

And here are the editors. They certainly have collected a great number of qualified people from around the globe, leading with the London contingent, "whoever they are."

That is correct. It is not peer reviewed by the scientific community, it is a news story. The editors are paid by the news service which is an inherent conflict of interest.

Yes you are right, but it is still a News story published by Nature, it is not a journal article. Peer reviewed journal articles are scientific by nature and confirmed by the scientifically community through the peer review process as opposed to approved by a news editor. Your link says, "Nature also provides rapid, authoritative, insightful and arresting news" which is exactly what I pointed out (the fact they publish "arresting" news is a tell). It is a news story, not a peer reviewed journal article. News articles by definition are news, news may or may not contain facts, and that is why news stories are commonly retracted. With something as critical as COVID information, I prefer to stick with peer reviewed journal articles, not news stories. Maybe you differ.
I make that distinction also.

just as I make a distinction between media that “leans left” and publications associated with peer reviewed science.

I also make distinctions between well respected journals and football fans besmirching their reputation with poorly chosen posts.

Last edited:

I make that distinction also.

just as I make a distinction between media that “leans left” and publications associated with peer reviewed science.

I also make distinctions between well respected journals and football fans besmirching their reputation with poorly chosen posts.

"Publications associated with peer reviewed science", what does that mean? Now we can establish scientific facts via association? Too funny.

Maybe you trust Anthony Fauci? Here is what Fauci said:

White House coronavirus advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said Wednesday that all the “valid” scientific data shows malaria drug hydroxychloroquine isn’t effective in treating the coronavirus, contradicting President Donald Trump’s opinion of the drug. “You look at the scientific data and the evidence. And the scientific data ... on trials that are valid, that were randomized and controlled in the proper way, all of those trials show consistently that hydroxychloroquine is not effective in the treatment of coronavirus disease or Covid-19,” the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said.

Do you think that Fauci reads the news at Nature because of Nature news' strong editorial board? I think we know the answer. Do you think news published by a journal magazine would be considered "valid" science by Fauci? I have no idea why you feel threatened by the scientific process.

I’ve never seen a thread so gone to ****. This dump should of been closed a long time ago. You’d think all these scientists and researchers would be busy fighting this killer disease rather than post in a football forum.

I’ve never seen a thread so gone to ****. This dump should of been closed a long time ago. You’d think all these scientists and researchers would be busy fighting this killer disease rather than post in a football forum.

Right ... because informed, competent people cannot do both (be an expert/well-informed in a particular field, and post on online forums). One or the other, not both.

Right ... because informed, competent people cannot do both (be an expert/well-informed in a particular field, and post on online forums). One or the other, not both.
This is a football forum. You wanna talk diseases medical talk I’m sure you can find forums online, take it there and argue until you orgasm for all I care.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back