PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dugger possible COVID positive or contact (edit: added to Reserve/Covid list)

Big loss but its next man up. Just hoping we dont continue to see more cases pop up going into easily the biggest game of the season to date.

@Dingleberry what's the money line on Dugger clearing covid protocols before MNF?

The crappy thing about a positive is that it generally creates more positives. Let's cross our fingers that it's just Dugger until Monday. After that, it's a bye week, so even if a couple other guys test positive, they should be able to clear without issues for the Colts game.

I wonder if anyone is a close contact to Dugger?

If unvaxed and close contact he misses 10 days automatically even if he tests negative.
You should really check your facts before you state "facts" Aren't you supposed to be over in TOOMPA town?

You should really check your facts before you state "facts" Aren't you supposed to be over in TOOMPA town?
That's the NFL protocol. If I am incorrect, please provide where. I might have read it wrong.

Just 5 days if he tests negative. That would mean he could still play on Monday.

I wonder if anyone is a close contact to Dugger?,
Maybe the rest of the safeties on the team.

So 2 negative tests and he's good to play Monday night right? I assume he is vaccinated.

Has he been wearing a mask when meeting with the press? That will answer the question if he is or not. I do not remembe.

Covid cases are higher this season than last season. I think we are about to see the season get compromised possibly worse than last year.
Not a chance. Vaccines weren't even available until late last year. Now the vast majority of the league is vaccinated (while others are "innumnized").

The reason why Covid cases are up in the league this year compared to last is incredibly simple. Nothing around is closed or even restricted and players aren’t under some form of team mandated restrictions on what they can do in their free time.

Not a chance. Vaccines weren't even available until late last year. Now the vast majority of the league is vaccinated (while others are "innumnized").

Sorry, but I just don't believe that is relevant. Last year positive tests were more meaningful as there were no vaccines, the country was in a massive spike, people were more fearful of testing positive, icu capacity was in greater danger, etc.

Sorry, but I just don't believe that is relevant. Last year positive tests were more meaningful as there were no vaccines, the country was in a massive spike, people were more fearful of testing positive, icu capacity was in greater danger, etc.
Have you looked at the numbers in MA recently? Baker just stopped elective surgeries again because of the high numbers in hospitals. I know most of us want to believe this is behind us but it isn't at all. It's only Dec. 1.

Last edited:
Have you looked at the numbers in MA recently? Baker just stopped elective surgeries again because of the high numbers in hospitals. I know most of us want to believe this is behind us but it isn't at all. It's only November.
Ok, perhaps stopping elective surgeries will be part of a "new normal" during flu season. Perhaps the league will reduce attendance during this time of year. Perhaps any number of things will happen without the season being "compromised." It will never be behind us. Still, life goes on.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back