PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it from the McGinn series. He talks to NFL scouts.

I always look forward to McGinn's quotes, but I do wonder sometimes what they're watching. Perhaps there's some disinformation involved? I've seen every one of Ejiofor's games for the past 2+ years, and I love watching him. Here are just a few from the last couple of seasons that show good effort levels. I never one questioned his motor while watching his games, although I did put in my notes that he has below average long speed. Very good initial burst, but his 40 time probably would have been 4.8 - 4.9, similar to Sam Hubbard or Chandler Jones.

I can do more cuts if you're interested, but I'd recommend watching some games. None of these plays really show off his technical hand fighting. He's very good at extending his arms and swimming, ripping, or push/pulling to create separation between him and a blocker. He has nearly 35" arms and he actually uses them well to his advantage. Sometimes he tries to get a little too cute, but when he plays full speed, Ejiofor has really nice moves.

I regularly see head's up plays like this one. Love the pursuit.

Again, a different game, but he chases the run play. I don't see a guy who is loafing.

A guy with no effort at all doesn't get back up after he's been pancaked:

Always keeps his eye on the ball. Nice tip drill concentration:

Fights through the double team to sack Jackson:

In fairness, in this media/rumor driven pre-draft frenzy, it's easy for folks to lose sight of the bigger picture.
For us it is forgivable,for some coaches not really.

For us it is forgivable,for some coaches not really.

More often than not, it's the owners much moreso than the coaches. But then, the owners are looking at a different "big picture" that revolves around bringing in "star" prospects and players to put fannies in the seats.

Kolton Miller?

I am just hoping we go defense especially after that 41 in the Super Bowl. LBs, corners , safety or another pass rusher.

Lance Zierlein‏Verified account @LanceZierlein
Hearing Rosen over Darnold at 3 so if Sam doesn't go 2 (Denver trade up or Bills trade up), he could fall to 4 and it will be raining picks in the Browns laps once again. As crazy as it sounds, the Bucs are poised to get one of the top 3 players in this draft at pick 7.

Jackson or Rudolph at QB.
Either one has exciting potential

Let me add this here as well for those who think picks are based on needs

You know, Rashaan Evans, Rashaad Penny, Rashaan Gaulden and Rasheem Green is a totally plausible set of picks. A "rash" of young talent.
That appeared to be Grier’s approach when he was here. Who remembers the Chris Canty draft when every player had the same first and last initial? Terrible draft class but it seemed to fill out a prospect bingo card.

if anything crazy happens can you let me know, I'm off to see infinity war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe