PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Day 2 - Pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are people's thoughts on having separate no-spoilers and spoilers-welcome threads later? Especially on days 2 and 3, the TV broadcasts end up getting 5+ picks behind and it becomes a trainwreck. However, I know some folks prefer not to have the TV experience spoiled by reporters online, and would rather wait for the picks to be shown live. Curious what opinions are.

What are people's thoughts on having separate no-spoilers and spoilers-welcome threads later? Especially on days 2 and 3, the TV broadcasts end up getting 5+ picks behind and it becomes a trainwreck. However, I know some folks prefer not to have the TV experience spoiled by reporters online, and would rather wait for the picks to be shown live. Curious what opinions are.

I'm ok with it...most people don't pay attention to the talking heads on days 2 and 3 anyway.

Hoping we really ball in these two rounds or it will be WTF.......

Pats have 3 picks today at 54, 85, and 94. Who can we realistically get?

i don't think we can stay at 54 if we want the best available DT, CB and Edge.

Guys i like BB to trade up for :
Travis Jones
Booth
Gordon
Boye Mafe
Nakobe Dean

Based on yesterdays reach I am expecting one of Metchie Doubs
I’m guessing we are taking Slade Bolden way earlier than undrafted or 7th
Chris it's too early. :D

Strange fills a need at hopefully lg and a possible replacement at center for Andrews next season if talks break down. Regardless of whether we agree on where he was picked.

Just gonna have to hit on some picks the next two days. They have some ammo now to trade up and still make this a great draft. Now if they were somehow able to move back up and get Travis Jones, Dean or Hill, Booth etc they are sitting good. Then you can say the world is right again. Just being positive here but lets just say they get Jones to add with Strange does it really matter anymore where they were picked? If you flipflopped the picks its the same result.

Strange fills a need at hopefully lg and a possible replacement at center for Andrews next season if talks break down. Regardless of whether we agree on where he was picked.

Just gonna have to hit on some picks the next two days. They have some ammo now to trade up and still make this a great draft. Now if they were somehow able to move back up and get Travis Jones, Dean or Hill, Booth etc they are sitting good. Then you can say the world is right again. Just being positive here but lets just say they get Jones to add with Strange does it really matter anymore where they were picked? If you flipflopped the picks its the same result.

I'd be happy with Metchie or Pickens in round 2 as well.

I hope Travis Jones or Andrew Booth fall to 54 or we move up...and we draft one of them.

I hope we snag a guy who fell on the boards at 54, or trade up a few spots if a guy like that is still falling.

That way I can mentally flip him and the Strange pick and call it good.

There are multiple guys I’d like us to go and get.

Travis Jones, Booth, Metchie, Troy Anderson, Christian Harris, Nakobe Dean, Boye Mafe, Channing Tindall.

Which makes the Cole Strange pick hurt even more as the value with picking him just isn’t there. I’d of been fine taking him in the second or third, but in my opinion it’s a waste of a first rounder.

Still though there is plenty of talent left and we have to make these next few selections count no matter what. I can see us bundling some of our picks together and moving up and down in rounds 2 and 3. Lots of very good plays available and we just have to make the correct ones.

Metchie would 100% make sense given his history with Mac Jones. That would be the smart pick and would reinforce some kind of comfort level with Mac. But the huge need is linebacker. Muma or Dean would be perfect.

Three picks on day two. I hope the Pats can add some combination of outside corner, edge, off ball linebacker, defensive tackle or receiver. There are good players available at all those positions.

Day one makes all the headlines, but days 2 and 3 are where teams are built. I'm not happy with the Cole Strange pick, but day two has the talent to make up for that.

Hoping they convert some of these bulk of late round picks into an additional day 2 pick. I think they will get some good players today and tomorrow.

Metchie III AND Dean/Harris 2nd round (trade into 2nd round - give up 3rd and 4th and 6th).

Jobe (CB) 3rd round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back