PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dominique Foxworth - Patriots Are Overrated, No Weapons Except Gronk

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "they don't have anyone who scares you" idea is very early 2000s, and makes me feel better than I've felt for a long time about the Pats getting #5 this year. Thanks ESPN!

This is all about the cult of the individual that the mediots have adopted to help the mentally challenged to understand a game, that in reality is actually all about the team. :rolleyes:

There is no team game where the success of an individual is imp acted by so many others, yet even guys who should know better keep talking about who scares who. This especially goes for the extremist cult of the WR. :rolleyes:

BB not only understands the reality of the game, he doesn't really give a **** about what the media thinks about his individual players, because for him the sum has ALWAYS been greater than the individual parts, and THAT's why they have played in the last FIVE AFCCG's

BTW- think about this. Chris Harper was essentially camp fodder with the Pats for a couple of years and has BARELY been able to get on the field for the woebegone Niners, yet he made the best catch of the day on Sunday. That's how good they ALL are....individually. Ultimately what makes some teams like the Pats and some teams like the Jags are the ability of those groups of individuals to be greater than the sum of their individual parts.

The Pats do it on a very consistent basis while most teams cannot.

The Pats are the only team who, when they win by 13 against a poor team, it's evidence that they are overrated. However, if they would have punched it in on their final drive and won by 20, they would have been accused of running up the score, flexing their muscles against a poor defenseless team. Which they'd also spin as evidence that they are overrated.

Also analysts routinely bash the defense as being unable to stop anyone since 2004, never having any weapons besides Gronk or Moss, and also Brady is an overrated system QB. It takes all kinds.

Well, at least the rant about Marvin Lewis is on point - 14 years, zero playoff wins. Not good.

the defense is the bread and butter?

Did this guy just wake up from a 12 year coma

Yes, bread and butter. But the offense is the meat and potatoes.

Put it on the bulletin board. If there is room.

Oh damn, what are we gonna do now that Dominique Foxworth has exposed our mediocre offense?

Probably just have to keep scoring over 30 a game. Woe is us.

Well depends what you mean? How many offensive players really scare you?

What do you define as a game breaker?

The "game breakers" in the NFL imo.

RB - Johnson, Bell, Elliot, Murray?, McCoy? (only if 100% healthy... not common)
WR - Jones, Green, Evans, Brown, Cooper?, Beckham?, Hilton?. Bryant?, Nelson?
TE - Gronk, Olson?, Reed?, Graham?

That is about it for guys who i think deserve particularly special attention. Yes there are other very good players but these are the guys that change the games they are in by their plays or actually opening it up for others.

Really only 8 guys IMO are for sure no question guys who are game breakers that make you change what you do on D entirely. Of those maybe 1-2 has the impact Gronk does so of course you will feel it when he is gone.

Last edited:

This came up on my YouTube recommended videos and has been cracking me up for the past 15 minutes.

Some person I've never heard of says something stupid about the Patriots? I better click on that link right away or this sort of thing will never stop!:rolleyes:

This came up on my YouTube recommended videos and has been cracking me up for the past 15 minutes.

He and chris simms probably collaborating how to bring down tom brady's worth to the team.

Folks, it's worse than he's saying. Foxworth claims that Gronkowski is the only game breaker, but the Bills defensive backs have already told us that Gronk is now that good. There are no game breakers on the Patriots! They're doomed! Forfeit the rest of the season and hope tha Kraft hires PFF to run the team!

:D

Folks, it's worse than he's saying. Foxworth claims that Gronkowski is the only game breaker, but the Bills defensive backs have already told us that Gronk is now that good. There are no game breakers on the Patriots! They're doomed! Forfeit the rest of the season and hope tha Kraft hires PFF to run the team!

:D

And Chris Simms also reminds us every chance he gets that Brady isn't a top quarterback

Not sure how the Patriots are scoring any points at all.

BB not only understands the reality of the game, he doesn't really give a **** about what the media thinks about his individual players, because for him the sum has ALWAYS been greater than the individual parts, and THAT's why they have played in the last FIVE AFCCG's

Between truly understanding team dynamics and the cap savings of a very solid middle class vice ultra-high paid elite as the real root causes to consistent winning longevity (of course paired with the GOAT QB); I'm ecstatic the media continues to get it wrong with cult of personality, NFL league office fueled individualism.

The longer they put their hands over their ears and scream how they're right and no one can say any different the Patriots just continue to pump out 8+ win seasons despite suspensions, injuries, play declines, and other issues that would bottom out just about every other supposed "great" team in the league year after year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes