PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think the NFL is out to get Cam Newton too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
God dawn we got people dying around the world due to starvation and innocent civilians being killed by air strikes in Iraq, Syria and Gaza. Yet people think that boycotting NFL football is such a "great" thing. People need to wake the hell up.

Nice apples and lightsabers comparison. Lovely red herring there.

thinking something is lame is not to have contempt for it.....I think 'cupcake wars' is lame, I think 'saving hope' is lame, I think 'duck dynasty' is lame....zero contempt for any of them
And I suppose "psycho conspiracy theorists.... all busily 'not watching" isn't an expression of contempt either. Nor any of your numerous other similar posts on the topic in this and other threads...

I think the thread title is a bit leading, in that people who think the NFL has treated Brady unfairly (which most sane folks would agree they have) think they are "out to get him". For me, I want consistency. I want transparency. Clearly we won't get that from ****dell and his minions, but perhaps somehow, someway, someday, a lot of folks just look for that light at the end of the tunnel. But so far that light has been blocked by lies, deceit and connivery. I don't see it stopping any time soon.

And I suppose "psycho conspiracy theorists.... all busily 'not watching" isn't an expression of contempt either. Nor any of your numerous other similar posts on the topic in this and other threads...

LOL......don't confuse contempt with ridicule

It is not unreasonable to think something is so utterly ridiculous and yet have zero contempt for it

but your methods and the way you speak to people betrays an obvious contempt. I think you are capable of doing much better.

Facepalm-Animated-GIF.gif

The league hates it's best players.

I don't know why...

But if you're one of the best players AND you kiss the ring, then you're in the "club"..... sort of! ;-)

I agree with most of your points, and understand your point of view, but your methods and the way you speak to people betrays an obvious contempt. I think you are capable of doing much better. That and the contempt I saw expressed in this thread is the entire reason I even posted in it.

Ah, so you know what I'm attempting to convey better than I do? In rich text to boot?

Defiant goose must be a satanist to thumbs down that comment. Keep worshiping BAAL and MOLOCH.

Now the video you sent me through PM makes some sense. What did you think of the UFO in Malaysia? That was crazy.

We need safe spaces on this forum, I guess. I can't challenge someone on their viewpoints without being my challenges being labeled as "contempt" even though I'm claiming otherwise.

Now the video you sent me through PM makes some sense. What did you think of the UFO in Malaysia? That was crazy.

I stay away from Ufology to be honest. I know they exist but I think its the military just going around scaring people. I look for truth that will help me. I'm not saying other life forms don't exist but I look for truth that can help me and others.

Ah, so you know what I'm attempting to convey better than I do? In rich text to boot?
I can't know for certain what you're trying to convey, but I suspect I'm not alone in the opinion that you often appear to have contempt for opposing viewpoints, including in this case. Perhaps you, like illegalcontact, don't associate ridicule with contempt, but many do.

I can't know for certain what you're trying to convey.

Then you should just stop right there. If I really held any level of contempt for you or the people that I was debating with in this thread, I'd call you idiots. I didn't do that because I'm hoping for a level of discourse that you outlined to me. But then it also wasn't I who turned this personal either. I'll leave you to one guess on who that was.

contempt (n.)
late 14c., from Latin contemptus "scorn," from past participle of contemnere "to scorn, despise," from com-, intensive prefix (see com-), + *temnere "to slight, scorn," which is of uncertain origin. Phrase contempt of court is attested from 19c., though the idea is several centuries older.

I feel like a victim of microaggression because of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back