PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think the NFL is out to get Cam Newton too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockingAnarchyNumber12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This is not a "hurrdurr I hate da Broncos" thread. I really feel for Cam Newton and have always believed the guy is an incredible athelete. Is he a jerk at times? Maybe. Is he ****y at times? Sure. Do I think Its because of his race? Hell no!

I was reading this amazing thread on "The Carolina Huddle" forum and wish I could link it because the poster offered many valid points of disdain towards the guy. If you wanna head over and read it I suggest you do "elephant in the room" thread in the Panthers forum section.

We know NFL is bias towards Brady, but do you think they are towards Cam?

If somebody could link that thread I'd appreciate it. Great read.

Denver is a hell of a place to play. For us (whenever it counts) and for most other teams. I think that last headshot should have been aggravated. To think a grounding penalty is an off-setting penalty to this blow is really unjust, and it won the game for Denver.

As to Cam, I think the hate he gets has to do with his drama stuff--and yes, his race too (the black qb thing)

Amazing that he was flossing his teeth on the sideline in between possessions!! I find any guy that does this to be hard to hate.

Yes, they want to retire one of their most popular superstars early. They hate all the money he's been earning them and will promote Siemian instead.

Yes, they want to retire one of their most popular superstars early. They hate all the money he's been earning them and will promote Siemian instead.

It has nothing to do with making him retire. I'm sure they love the money he earns them and will milk that dry. Doesn't mean they can't be bias against him though.

3 clear headshots. I bet Roger wants the Broncos to win the AFC badly.

Like patsfanken I did not watch this game in my "rage against the machine" but reading this, I am seriously concerned for TFB's safety when we play Denvah in Denvah because the refs in the thin air seem to make strange oxygen deprived calls and non-calls.

I'm surprised Cam didn't have a fit. I would have.

After all the hype last season? No, I just think they favor the Broncos or anyone who have a shot at stoping the Pats.

Like patsfanken I did not watch this game in my "rage against the machine" but reading this, I am seriously concerned for TFB's safety when we play Denvah in Denvah because the refs in the thin air seem to make strange oxygen deprived calls and non-calls.

That reversed first down call on what eventually ended up being a Denver touchdown was my first rage at the screen moment of the new NFL season.

Denver is a hell of a place to play. For us (whenever it counts) and for most other teams. I think that last headshot should have been aggravated. To think a grounding penalty is an off-setting penalty to this blow is really unjust, and it won the game for Denver.

As to Cam, I think the hate he gets has to do with his drama stuff--and yes, his race too (the black qb thing)

Amazing that he was flossing his teeth on the sideline in between possessions!! I find any guy that does this to be hard to hate.
oh stop the black QB BS..and flossing your teeth on national TV is likeable?...I found it to be gross

It has nothing to do with making him retire. I'm sure they love the money he earns them and will milk that dry. Doesn't mean they can't be bias against him though.
The NFL being biased towards Brady is all about the Pats winning to much, the salary cap and the goal of league parity

If I thought about this for a week straight, I wouldn't be able to come with a valid reason for the NFL to be biased towards Cam

And no, his ****iness isn't a valid reason

oh stop the black QB BS..and flossing your teeth on national TV is likeable?...I found it to be gross
It was not only disgusting, it reflects an issue. Is he OCDC? He could floss before the game and obviously he's not chowimg down an ear of corn between possessions.

Who would even have dental floss on a football field? That's seriously messed up

Moving forward, the NFL should ban dental flossing on the sidelines

I thought the prevailing theme around here all offseason was that the NFL was no longer going to fix everything for the Broncos now that Peyton is gone. What happened to that? I think the NFL turned up the wind speed at the end of the game and pushed Gano's kick wide left. Just my opinion.

If anything in this game screamed "shady" instead of "inept", it was Marshall coming back into the game. You cannot tell me that he didn't have a concussion. No ****ing way. His body went totally limp after the helmet to helmet contact and fell to the ground that way.

Looks that way....it's all good though.....the Broncos won't have much of a team by December......

For all the lectures and pompous sermonizing regarding "Integrity," #GFYRoger doesn't seem very concerned about those three blatant head-shots the NFL Player of the Year took last night.

Goodell* can bite my shiny metal ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes