PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reaction to Round 1 ... What picks made you say WTF???

I dunno man. The kid was rated as a first rounder, but with Gonzalez there and all 3-4 WRs there, to me, that's where they should have gone. I am with you that he's rail thin. Clearly, a lot of experts had him rated high, so I don't think it's a fireable offense.
True, but I don't think anyone had him rated higher than Gonzalez.

True, but I don't think anyone had him rated higher than Gonzalez.
agreed, which is why I thought they could have traded back and got him later.

You have to wonder if Detriot at 12 were the team that Groh implied the Pats had a move up option with. It does feel like Gibbs might have been available with a trade down, and the x2 most experienced of the 1st round OTs with 30+ starts went right before at 10 and 11, and Witherspoon and Wilson were long gone.

i have been less than impressed with just about every Georgia pick not named Nick Chubb... but i do readily admit that there are guys out there who i dont know who went to Georgia who have done well... Guess I am biased in a slightly negative way because of our Wynn & Michel picks...
When you have a defense that stacked - how many players from the last two years are now in the NFL? - you always run the risk that X looks great BECAUSE of those surrounding him.
I still think Jordan Davis is going to emerge as a true beast this year. Carter is a risk, but maybe having him surrounded by his buddies will take care of that.

If that's the case, the Eagles have a helluva defensive line. Full stop.

Gibbs so early (I did like him for the Pats though)
Forbes before Gonzalez
Richardson could be another Trey Lance ??
you mean that you expect him to be injured 2 years in a row?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back