PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think the NFL is out to get Cam Newton too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Some) Bad rules and Bad refs. But not a conspiracy.

The best way to deal with cheap shot artists is to give them cheap shots themselves. I still don't think the Donks are going to be a threat by the time the Pats get to them. Siemian was throwing off his back foot all night and easily turns the ball over under pressure. Stuff the running game and take away throws between the hashes and that offense is dead in the water. The defense is still dangerous but the Pats have the offense capable of moving the ball on them with shifty WR's that get open in space. That's not the strength of the Denver secondary.

some 300lb dude is going to roll up Miller's leg....another one up Derek Wolfe's leg

what I am interested in seeing is a team like the Pats going 4 bigs and Blount to negate the speed with size and bring it to 3 yards and a cloud of dust.....with the Pats D, turn the whole thing into a rugby match

I think Cam brings a fun energy to the game. Love watching him play
I kept thinking to myself watching the game, "why is the NFL letting Cam take those hits to the head?".

All the last few years emphasis on protecting the QB and especially his head were just ignored.

Refs should be held accountable, they just totally blew it.

If I was a Panthers fan, I'd be super pissed.

I'd also be pissed about the doctors who let Cam keep playing.

If you are going to be an option QB, And you're going to hold the ball at times litterally until the defender tackles the running back before not actually handing it off, You should be ready for defenders to just steamroll past the Back and hit you full on.

There is only one way to defend against option QB's and that is to play with the mentality that the QB always has the ball. Want to stop getting lit up like a running back? stop being an option qb.

Refs can really do anything about it because if they do cam will just do it MORE often, which means defenders are not allowed to touch him, at which point you might as well not play.

Wow, they really were head hunting. It's almost as if they knew they weren't going to get called for it. Anyone who doesn't think this smells fishy needs their noses checked.

Or they just didn't care. Do you honestly think a massive conspiracy to fix the on the field product would go unreported in 2016? Is Goodell threatening execution followed by a cinder block tied around the ankles and a toss into the ocean to the people that know about this? No offense, but you sound like opposing fans have in years past that have lost to the Pats. This entire thread premise is somewhat embarrassing, quite frankly. If you think the on the field product is truly fixed, there is no reason to watch the game. So turn it off.

It isn't the blow call; either way, that bothers me in the NFL. It's the other refs that all saw it differently and won't make a correction...As all know refs aren't perfect and are not going to see things while others do. When a ref makes a bad call and 5 others agree it was a bad call they should correct it. But that would be admitting they aren't perfect and they can't have that.

The league hates it's best players.

I don't know why...
And it's the guys with the best image as well. They need bad guys because bad guys playing = everyone watches.

If you are going to be an option QB, And you're going to hold the ball at times litterally until the defender tackles the running back before not actually handing it off, You should be ready for defenders to just steamroll past the Back and hit you full on.
Sure, but what we saw last night were three blatant HITS TO THE HEAD that should have been called.

Ian. I consider this a banable offense!

Clearly you need to check the forum rules.

Although I took a headshot by using a "Fauria rap " reference I also threw Goober under the bus which is considered an "offsetting " post and therefore negates any Banning penalty.

Ref: Chapter 7; code 3243, section 4. (Patsfans forum rule book)

This is not a "hurrdurr I hate da Broncos" thread. I really feel for Cam Newton and have always believed the guy is an incredible athelete. Is he a jerk at times? Maybe. Is he ****y at times? Sure. Do I think Its because of his race? Hell no!

I was reading this amazing thread on "The Carolina Huddle" forum and wish I could link it because the poster offered many valid points of disdain towards the guy. If you wanna head over and read it I suggest you do "elephant in the room" thread in the Panthers forum section.

We know NFL is bias towards Brady, but do you think they are towards Cam?

If somebody could link that thread I'd appreciate it. Great read.

I don't know but the refs ignored the blatant head shots the guy took last might from the Donks. I like Newton's game and his personality. There is nothing plastic about it and if I was a conspiracy junkie I might join the growing numbers of folks who are complaining about the more than obvious non-calls that are happening to him.

Or they just didn't care. Do you honestly think a massive conspiracy to fix the on the field product would go unreported in 2016? Is Goodell threatening execution followed by a cinder block tied around the ankles and a toss into the ocean to the people that know about this? No offense, but you sound like opposing fans have in years past that have lost to the Pats. This entire thread premise is somewhat embarrassing, quite frankly. If you think the on the field product is truly fixed, there is no reason to watch the game. So turn it off.
Didn't watch, not going to.

I honestly don't care if you're naive enough to believe the NFL FO isn't trying to influence the outcome of games. It will be interesting to see if you man up when the cat is finally out of the bag.

It's too bad. You're pretty bright and creative, but your contempt for opposing views and an unwillingness to even attempt to see something from those perspectives completely undermines you ability to have genuine discourse. If you can ever overcome this deficiency and stop using bullying tactics, you would likely develop a formidable intellect. It is a shame to see such potential wasted by closed-mindedness.

Didn't watch, not going to.

I honestly don't care if you're naive enough to believe the NFL FO isn't trying to influence the outcome of games. It will be interesting to see if you man up when the cat is finally out of the bag.

It's too bad. You're pretty bright and creative, but your contempt for opposing views and an unwillingness to even attempt to see something from those perspectives completely undermines you ability to have genuine discourse. If you can ever overcome this deficiency and stop using bullying tactics, you would likely develop a formidable intellect. It is a shame to see such potential wasted by closed-mindedness.
960.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand