PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think the NFL is out to get Cam Newton too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that it's very difficult to referee an NFL game. I sure couldn't do it. That said, how do you not call hands to the helmet or helmet-to-helmet on a passing QB several times during the game? That's been a point of emphasis for a few years now. The White Hat is back there specifically to monitor that. Brutal!

BTW: It looked like the "Tom Brady of Football Commercials" wants to be in the booth. Don't think I can handle that. :eek:

I get that it's very difficult to referee an NFL game. I sure couldn't do it. That said, how do you not call hands to the helmet or helmet-to-helmet on a passing QB several times during the game? That's been a point of emphasis for a few years now. The White Hat is back there specifically to monitor that. Brutal!

BTW: It looked like the "Tom Brady of Football Commercials" wants to be in the booth. Don't think I can handle that. :eek:
I hate Peyton but I think I could handle him in the booth. He was breaking down what the defense was doing pre-snap to a T which was a breath of fresh air. The guy is a piece of garbage as a human being but his football acumen would be an asset in the booth.

I highly doubt it but my prevailing thought was it would be good for them to have the reigning SB champions win on opening night. That more than anything may have moved the marker slightly to Denver's side. But more likely the refs are just inept. We've been dealing with refs who miss blatant calls forever.

I think there's a clique of about half a dozen owners that wield more power than the rest of them. Pat Bowlen is one. Jerry Richardson is not. This clique is anti Patriots and Cam was in the way of their agenda. Nothing more.

Only half kidding on this. ☺

I thought the prevailing theme around here all offseason was that the NFL was no longer going to fix everything for the Broncos now that Peyton is gone. What happened to that? I think the NFL turned up the wind speed at the end of the game and pushed Gano's kick wide left. Just my opinion.
Well if Tom Brady can repeal the ideal gas law why couldn't someone control the wind?

I think there's a clique of about half a dozen owners that wield more power than the rest of them. Pat Bowlen is one. Jerry Richardson is not. This clique is anti Patriots and Cam was in the way of their agenda. Nothing more.

Only half kidding on this. ☺

yes and no......Pat Bowlen is off drooling somwhere

Roger Goodell is very powerful. Here's which NFL team owners have his ear.

Jerry Richardson is a power player, but so is Bob Kraft

18 of the owners are considered outsiders or irrelevant

Cam has really grown on me over the past few years. He's a great QB and by all indications off the field, he's a great person. So he's younger and shows that he's having fun by doing the dancing. So what? If you don't like it, shut him up. I always found it more fun playing against those kinds of guys than the guys who kept their mouths shut.

I think Cam brings a fun energy to the game. Love watching him play

If the NFL is not going to stop Denver's crap, the players need to handle it. It was open season on Cam's head last night, and the Panthers just stood around and did nothing about it. Denver needs to pay a price for its dirty play. At least Edelman went at Ward's knees last January.

I hate Peyton but I think I could handle him in the booth. He was breaking down what the defense was doing pre-snap to a T which was a breath of fresh air. The guy is a piece of garbage as a human being but his football acumen would be an asset in the booth.
Just don't ask him to differentiate between being biased and unbiased. Jesus, that was uncomfortable.

i think the league follows the pro wrestling model in its marketing

seriously

it creates babyfaces and heels......america's team, and teams america loves to hate.....rather than just letting the product stand on its merit and work to create the best product, they create hype and villians and overthink the marketing angle

newton and the panthers are the new heel on the block; it's obvious denver has been the new 'america's team' since pay-ton got there......and siemian (sp?) might be the new golden boy, at least for the first part of the season

do i think this purposefully plays into the officiating of games? no

but does that "babyface" and "heel" concept potentially trickle into the subconscious of the NFL's officials? seems pretty possible

Cam has really grown on me over the past few years. He's a great QB and by all indications off the field, he's a great person. So he's younger and shows that he's having fun by doing the dancing. So what? If you don't like it, shut him up. I always found it more fun playing against those kinds of guys than the guys who kept their mouths shut.

I think Cam brings a fun energy to the game. Love watching him play

Cams a great player. He's quite the douchebag in person off camera as quite a few of my friends and aquaintainces who have met him can attest too.

Amazing that he was flossing his teeth on the sideline in between possessions!! I find any guy that does this to be hard to hate.

hqdefault.jpg

"4 out of 5 dentists agree....football players should floss on the field." :)

I admit, I did enjoy when Manning said it is much easier for a young QB in a base defense...and the next minute Siemian proceeds to throw an INT. I'll have the game on mute, but I'll take Fivehead over Simms or Buck.

The Broncos are easily the dirtiest team in the league. I hope we wipe the floor with them in Denver like we should have last year. Would love to see Gronk throw some of those cheap shot artists out of the club

The best way to deal with cheap shot artists is to give them cheap shots themselves. I still don't think the Donks are going to be a threat by the time the Pats get to them. Siemian was throwing off his back foot all night and easily turns the ball over under pressure. Stuff the running game and take away throws between the hashes and that offense is dead in the water. The defense is still dangerous but the Pats have the offense capable of moving the ball on them with shifty WR's that get open in space. That's not the strength of the Denver secondary.

I wonder if issue will be sufficiently raised next week

that said, I don't see it lasting......half of the Broncos defensive starters were staggering around at one point or another....it will catch up to them.......people doing this week 1 are usually pretty much done by december

I can't stand listening to Goober in the booth and his "he should have thrown it farther " breakdown of Semen's interception is not what I would call a new and brilliant insight of the game.

I'd rather listen to Fauria rap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand