PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dion Lewis wants to come back next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats will re-sign Dion & The Belmonts before Jerry Lewis's jilted grandson

The Patriots couldn’t care less how he left or what he said. There have been numerous examples of that in the past. If he can still play, and is willing to come back at a good price, they’d take him back in a heartbeat.

Yuh.

What, pray tell, about his comments and actions last year regarding his very deep bitterness about the "cheap" Patriots leads you to believe him a likely candidate to come back at a "good price"?

Yuh.

What, pray tell, about his comments and actions last year regarding his very deep bitterness about the "cheap" Patriots leads you to believe him a likely candidate to come back at a "good price"?

I must have missed where I said that? I’d ask you to quote it, but I know I’d never get a response. So we can narrow that down to an attempt to create a straw man. It’s a flimsy one and not a course I would continue to pursue if I was in your shoes. But it’s your choice.

Let’s try this again - if he doesn’t attract a lot of attention on FA and the team still thinks he can play, I highly doubt they’re going to give a damn about his comments. They haven’t shown the tendency to care in the past, and they shouldn’t. This is a business. They treat it as such. Question, since you’ve engaged me in this conversation - do YOU?

Who the f*ck is Dion Lewis?

I must have missed where I said that? I’d ask you to quote it, but I know I’d never get a response. So we can narrow that down to an attempt to create a straw man. It’s a flimsy one and not a course I would continue to pursue if I was in your shoes. But it’s your choice.

Let’s try this again - if he doesn’t attract a lot of attention on FA and the team still thinks he can play, I highly doubt they’re going to give a damn about his comments. They haven’t shown the tendency to care in the past, and they shouldn’t. This is a business. They treat it as such. Question, since you’ve engaged me in this conversation - do YOU?

"I must have missed where I said that?...."

Post #33:
KontradictioN said:
The Patriots couldn’t care less how he left or what he said. There have been numerous examples of that in the past. If he can still play, and is willing to come back at a good price, they’d take him back in a heartbeat."

It is what it is.

And then:
"I’d ask you to quote it, but I know I’d never get a response"
............Steeeeerrrrriiiiiiike two!

It is what it is.

Last edited:
sorry, bridge burned.

Yup. Just another Revis..........had their zenith moment with the Pats and then b*tched about them afterwards on their way down.

Always fascinating to watch the posters cry and bash someone over something like this, as if he'd slapped their first born just for being there. If Lewis is in good shape and still a talent that could fill a role, of course the Patriots would at least have interest. They'd be fools not to.

Hmmm. Ex-pats talking smack right after leaving and ending up coming back to the org?! I cannot think of anyone. Spike? Jamie C?

Hmmm. Ex-pats talking smack right after leaving and ending up coming back to the org?! I cannot think of anyone. Spike? Jamie C?

Ty Law once called BB a liar, while he was still with the team, yet the Patriots tried to bring Ty back after he'd gone, and he's now in the team HOF.

So I guess he doesn't think we're cheap anymore? Maybe he realizes that Tennessee, a team that hasn't gone better than 9-7 in the last decade, doesn't actually have player values and roster construction figured out?

With that out of the way, I wouldn't hold his past comments against him and I don't think the team would either. People have said worse and ultimately they just look like dumbasses when the Pats keep winning Super Bowls. But I think a reunion is unlikely, for reasons that have nothing to do with what he said last year. It would require that 1) he performs well enough to show he still has it, 2) he's willing to come back next season for a reasonable amount, and 3) between White, Michel and Harris, at least one of them seriously disappoints this year. I think any of those could reasonably happen in its own right, but all three breaking one way to the point that he comes back seems unlikely.

Last edited:

Post #33:
KontradictioN said:
The Patriots couldn’t care less how he left or what he said. There have been numerous examples of that in the past. If he can still play, and is willing to come back at a good price, they’d take him back in a heartbeat."

It is what it is.

And then:

It is what it is.

Weird flex, not sure what point you're trying to make. Kontra's point was reasonable and pretty obvious to anyone who was reading it in good faith.

So I guess he doesn't think we're cheap anymore? Maybe he realizes that Tennessee, a team that hasn't gone better than 9-7 in the last decade, doesn't actually have player values and roster construction figured out?

With that out of the way, I wouldn't hold his past comments against him and I don't think the team would either. People have said worse and ultimately they just look like dumbasses when the Pats keep winning Super Bowls. But I think a reunion is unlikely, for reasons that have nothing to do with what he said last year. It would require that 1) he performs well enough to show he still has it, 2) he's willing to come back next season for a reasonable amount, and 3) between White, Michel and Harris, at least one of them seriously disappoints this year. I think any of those could reasonably happen in its own right, but all three breaking one way to the point that he comes back seems unlikely.

Agreed

Post #33:
KontradictioN said:

It is what it is.

And then:

It is what it is.

Ooooof. I could smack you around this thread pretty easily but I’ll take it easy on you and point out that the quoted statement doesn’t reflect a belief that he is, and I quote, “a likely candidate to come back at a ‘good price’” at all and is clearly a statement speaking in hypothetical terms. So you’re either stretching a bit because you’re still a bit on the butthurt side over what he said in 2018 or you need to go back to school and take some remedial reading comp classes. You seem like a smart guy, so I’ll assume that it’s the former.

Good. Now that we’ve gotten that part out of the way, let’s get back to the conversation at hand. Do YOU think they, the Patriots, will let Lewis’ comments decide whether or not to re-sign him if that hypothetical plays out? Yes or no? Why or why not?

I hold no hard feelings. Sometimes it takes a while before an ex-Pat sees the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call