PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dion Lewis wants to come back next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t make the roster.

After what he said before and after the Titans beatdown of the Pats last year - - screw you, Dion.

You can always buy a ticket to watch the legendary New England Patriots and stand in line for beer.

Don't care that he got mad only care if he still looks as unbelievable as he did at one point. If he does I'd love to have him come back here at the right price and anyone saying otherwise is a dummy.
Yup, it’s silly there’s still people that think Bill cares what a player thinks of him.

Cant fault a guy for trying to get a big contract in somewhere in his career. But that said you have to realize you are going to be playing on a team that has other backs and your time may be cut and they arent really competing on the same level (playoffs every year) as the Patriots. I like Lewis but he made his bed...

You're missing the point.

Nobody is blaming him for going elsewhere to make big money. Nobody is complaining about classy Logan Ryan.

The public comments after the game last year stomping on the Patriots and their "cheap owner" for not giving him what he wanted is the lead story.

Screw him. I hope Kraft flashed his "cheap" SB 53 ring to blind the SOB's eyes today.

In the meantime, we've haven't had as devastating a potential running back squad since the mid 70's. I honestly believe Burkhead may not make the team (Michel/Harris/White/Develin and Bolden for ST's and versatility). Dion would be a third nipple. He'd only be useful if he could grow a foot and a half and play TE.

Last edited:
Don't care that he got mad only care if he still looks as unbelievable as he did at one point. If he does I'd love to have him come back here at the right price and anyone saying otherwise is a dummy.

Yeah, because we're really lacking at Running Back this year........

Like I said, grow a foot and a half, put on some weight and try out for the TE position.

Vet minimum
No signing bonus

Nice to have another vet to help Stidham get acclimated to his starter’s role

Trigger activated

Bingo. And I’m sure the Patriots would love him back at the right price if that’s the case. The dude just had traits in the open field that were unbelievable to watch. I haven’t seen anyone stop on a dime and reverse field in that next gear since maybe Reggie Bush at USC.

Bingo. And I’m sure the Patriots would love him back at the right price if that’s the case. The dude just had traits in the open field that were unbelievable to watch. I haven’t seen anyone stop on a dime and reverse field in that next gear since maybe Reggie Bush at USC.

"....And I’m sure the Patriots would love him back at the right price if that’s the case. "

In that case, the Pats aren't the ones who need to change for that to happen.

Pats won the SB and have a better running back squad now. He's pretty to watch run, but the those SB rings are spectacularly gorgeous.

Vet minimum
No signing bonus....

I'm fairly certain the Pats offered him far more than that, and he was obviously insutled by it.

But, yeah, if he wants to try to make the team back here and somehow someway actually accepts vet minimum with no signing bonus - - let him return with his tail between his legs and give it a shot.

Vet minimum
No signing bonus

Nice to have another vet to help Stidham get acclimated to his starter’s role

Trigger activated

Dude............ don't start me :mad:............... lol

;)

I'm fairly certain the Pats offered him far more than that, and he was obviously insutled by it.

But, yeah, if he wants to try to make the team back here and somehow someway actually accepts vet minimum with no signing bonus - - let him return with his tail between his legs and give it a shot.

Pretty sure he gets released after this year. Won't be worth paying another $4m per year for 2 years as backup RB with few touches.

"....And I’m sure the Patriots would love him back at the right price if that’s the case. "

In that case, the Pats aren't the ones who need to change for that to happen.

Pats won the SB and have a better running back squad now. He's pretty to watch run, but the those SB rings are spectacularly gorgeous.

The Patriots couldn’t care less how he left or what he said. There have been numerous examples of that in the past. If he can still play, and is willing to come back at a good price, they’d take him back in a heartbeat.

Burk is a tough SOB, but i think he gets cut.

Net savings to the cap if he's cut is $1M ($2M dead cap hit). I doubt he gets cut for what amounts to the vet minimum. Traded if they can find a taker maybe but not cut

Meh. Just like with most relationships, it's almost never as good the 2nd time around, particularly where there's been some bad blood spilled by one party in between. I like the guys we have now. Maybe Matt Patricia will give you a look-see Dion, if he makes it to next year with the Lions.

The Patriots couldn’t care less how he left or what he said. There have been numerous examples of that in the past. If he can still play, and is willing to come back at a good price, they’d take him back in a heartbeat.
True, but we care d%#*!@t!

Michel is better but at like vet min. Who could say no? He remembers some of the passing scheme

Meh. Just like with most relationships, it's almost never as good the 2nd time around, particularly where there's been some bad blood spilled by one party in between. I like the guys we have now. Maybe Matt Patricia will give you a look-see Dion, if he makes it to next year with the Lions.
I agree. He was super fun to watch but TWTTIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes