PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dion Lewis wants to come back next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffins

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Saw Dion took back all his nasty comments from last year

Dion Lewis Takes Back Patriots Trash Talk From Last Year: 'All Fun And Games'

Thought I’d check his contract and there’s an out after this year. So basically. 2 yr contract for $10m or 4 yr for 18.8

Saw he’s 2nd on depth chart and will lose a lot of touches from last year.

So he’s angling for a job I think. Could we take him back for vet min?

He would be 29 and presumably competing with Sony, Harris, and White for snaps. Can’t say that’s a reunion I’d hope for.

He is washed.

Classic example of a Pats roleplayer who leaves and suddenly looks half as good. That drop in efficiency is just brutal.

Code:
Year   Age  Tm Pos    G   GS Rush  Yds   TD  Lng  Y/A  Y/G  A/G
2017    27 NWE  RB   16    8  180  896    6   44  5.0 56.0 11.3
2018    28 TEN  rb   16    7  155  517    1   36  3.3 32.3  9.7

Can't blame his OL, either - Derrick Henry got almost 5 YPC behind the same line, and he's a bigass power back.

No Thanks Dion we already have Brittle Burk.:oops:

Last edited:
Could we take him back for vet min?

tenor.gif

Too late dude.

No room for him behind C. Martin, Robert Edwards, Vereen, Woodhead & Faulk

Sincerely,

Jeff Fisher

White is my fav of all the “3rd down backs”. Sony is supposedly catching the ball more this summer. If BB signs off : great, but we don’t need Lewis.

Took back his "nasty comments"? Where exactly in that clickbait titled article did he take his comments back?

That being said I don't care that Lewis said that but I don't care to defend him either because of the comments. I still love the way he plays. I'd lol if BB signed him in the future. Wonder how people on this board would deal with it. :p

Took back his "nasty comments"? Where exactly in that clickbait titled article did he take his comments back?

That being said I don't care that Lewis said that but I don't care to defend him either because of the comments. I still love the way he plays. I'd lol if BB signed him in the future. Wonder how people on this board would deal with it. :p
They would instantly crown Dion as Barry Sanders 2.0 and Bill played the system.

Cant fault a guy for trying to get a big contract in somewhere in his career. But that said you have to realize you are going to be playing on a team that has other backs and your time may be cut and they arent really competing on the same level (playoffs every year) as the Patriots. I like Lewis but he made his bed...

No thanks.

Don't care that he got mad only care if he still looks as unbelievable as he did at one point. If he does I'd love to have him come back here at the right price and anyone saying otherwise is a dummy.

Don't care that he got mad only care if he still looks as unbelievable as he did at one point. If he does I'd love to have him come back here at the right price and anyone saying otherwise is a dummy.

so you are saying you want him back if he is good and and you don't want him if he is bad?

Burk is a tough SOB, but i think he gets cut.

No I think they really like Burk he can catch with the best of them. It's just sad that we have to cringe ever time he gets tackled.:eek:

We've moved on

No I think they really like Burk he can catch with the best of them. It's just sad that we have to cringe ever time he gets tackled.:eek:

Cringe is right...i think he would be more valuable to the team if he was a WR that ran on rare occasions. Maybe he wouldn't be hurt as much and could contribute more there then he probably will at RB4-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots