PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault in lawsuit

Not buying it. Why now?

Sad news, absolutely. Either Watson did this, which is reprehensible, or this person is fabricating allegations, which is equally reprehensible.

I suppose there's room for grey-area -- misunderstanding, miscommunication, and/or differing perceptions of interaction(s).

I just hope the truth prevails, whatever the truth is.

This is great, obviously Watson needs a hand from Kraft now (get it;)). BB can now trade for him for peanuts and Kraft can hook him up with his lawyers and get him off :evil:.

Seriously, why the US hasn't adopted the "loser pays" doctrine for civil proceedings is amazing. Again, if you really feel like you were assaulted, call the Police and not some scum bag attorney.

I have said many times, if I was advising all the young rich guys, I would have them invest in secret body cameras.

Go read the attorney’s social media post though, it sounds like a crazy person... Not discounting the accusation, just saying the post is absolutely wild.

Sketchy timming to say the least.

Is there ever a time where one couldn't argue that the timing is sketchy? Seems like one could always point to some circumstance that makes the timing of accusations sketchy, no matter when they occur.

Is there ever a time where one couldn't argue that the timing is sketchy? Seems like one could always point to some circumstance that makes the timing of accusations sketchy, no matter when they occur.

When their livielyhood is no longer tied to NFL discipline. This is all Goodell's fault. because he handled the Ray Rice incident so poorly, now all of these guys are subject to arbitrary suspensions (and loss of pay) due to unsubstantiated claims. You figure it cost Antonio Brown a few million dollars. So these scumbag lawyers know that it is better and cheaper for the player to settle than fight this.

“Watson was getting a massage from the woman when "Watson went too far."

That is really light on details.

“Watson was getting a massage from the woman when "Watson went too far."

That is really light on details.
Did the poor kid have an unfortunate "happy ending"?

Once worked with an awesome HR Director who told me, "There's THREE sides to every story. Yours, mine and the truth!"

Don't know about this one. It feels similar in timing to the Antonio Brown thing, but because Watson isn't batshit crazy like Brown, I'm more inclined to believe his side of the story this time.

We'll have to wait and see.

Same day Houston signs Taylor. Apparently, this attorney is McNair's neighbor?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back