PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas traded to the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what the projection of Cannon's recovery is. OT is another valid option to stock up on.
Well I'm guessing Thuney and Cunningham are OT options as well as Elumeanor, with Skipper as option #4. Bodine being back will add to the OG depth as well as a back up for C. Now you can release Ferentz and create a rosters spot for Obi, or just leave it open for now.'

Can you think of an immediate need for that 53rd slot if they release Ferrentz

If bill was willing to trade Thomas to the Jets he must believe theres not much left in the tank.
This right here. We didn’t trade them Jerry Rice. I’m sure it was between releasing him or the Jets and he figured he’d get something for him.

In this case, I would expect to see Gordon and Dorsett outside, and Brown in the slot.
That's the beauty of Brown, he can be used all over. BTW- Didn't Jules take over 30% of his snaps on the outside?

When they get his act together, I expect Gordon and Brown as the 2 outside receivers and Jules in the slot. I'm guessing that Brown doesn't see much action, if at all, in Miami. Just maybe a few cameo tosses, as he ramps up. It won't be until the Buffalo game that we should expect him to have any continuity.

I really hoped he would succeed here but with Harry and Meyers as our #4 and 5 receiver, there is a complete logjam at this position

I really hoped he would succeed here but with Harry and Meyers as our #4 and 5 receiver, there is a complete logjam at this position

Gordon and Dorsett are the WR3/WR4.

I am not happy about this. First of all he is traded within the division and this isn’t the way to treat someone you had a gentleman deal with . And thirdly who knows if Brown is even going to work out !!!

I am not happy about this. First of all he is traded within the division and this isn’t the way to treat someone you had a gentleman deal with . And thirdly who knows if Brown is even going to work out !!!
My guess is he asked for it.
You do know he was with Gase before.

No ****ing way!:eek:

Can't complain about it though.

I would imagine DT is pissed off lol.

So much for all the talk of "BB knows how to treat vets" etc. BB is more like.........."errrrrrrr I'll take that 6th, thanks. Thanks DT, but we got AB now, laters."

If it's Meyers vs Thomas, i'd rather have Meyers.

You are heartless BBjr, some of us liked DT and wanted to see him play as a Patriot.

Thanks, I feel better.

I'll fix that for you:

So much for all the talk of "BB knows how to treat vets" etc. BB is more like.........."errrrrrrr I'll take that 6th, thanks. Thanks DT, but we got AB now, laters."

He traded Thomas to a guy he played under. He didn't sneak up behind him and run a knife across his guts. I don't like the trade, but it doesn't look as if BB kicked Thomas in the balls on the way out.

Edelman, Gordon, Brown, Dorsett, Harry, Meyers, Gunner...and Slater

This screams another trade even before Harry comes back.
To me, this "screams"a prolific group of receivers. A touch uncertain, perhaps, but...

From the Penthouse to the S*#thouse.

They did DT dirty lol but that's football.

Yeah, i dont care at all the he went to the jets, cause they won't challange us for a title this year

But i do feel bad for DT....

Seriously? He's in a come back year, trying to justify one last decent contract. To do that, he needs to get on the field, put up some numbers, and be valuable to a team. The Pats have at least four receivers solidly ahead of him on the depth chart, plus two rookies they'll want to give playing time to.

What could be better than going to a team on a one year contract where you are reunited with a coach who knows how to use you and has seen the best of you, where you have a chance to play into a starting role? Why is that worse than what he faced from the Pats' bench and inactive list, week after week?

I see this as Belichick once again being a players' coach. Thomas came on good faith, then circumstances put a limit on his opportunity. The Pats responded by putting him in the best position possible to be successful, even though it is strengthening a rival.

Man, sorry Demaryius. Um, nothing personal. Eh, good luck with the football thing. Er, New Jersey is pretty nice I've heard.

Doesn’t that leave one roster spot open now or is there still two? Wonder if the team is looking at the RT market...

Now seems like a good time to revisit my prediction that Thomas would have the best year of any FA WR we've signed this decade. I definitely nailed that one!

To me, bill did a solid, got dt a decent contract that dt can keep, traded him to a team that he will get good playing time vs just releasing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots