PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas traded to the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno...I don't like us losing depth. If Gordon goes AWOL and AB checks out...we could be really screwed with just Edelman, Dorsett, and Meyers....

The upside is that Harry would get a lot of reps...and Olszewski has some plays in him, IMO....

There is also Meredith stashed on PUP.

Who cares? He's another Trojan Horse gifted from New England to the moronic Jete.....

Exactly. AB gave Demarius the hidden mic wires today before getting on the plane to NY.

I would have kept him for insurance. If he HAD to be traded, send him back to Denver. He will be a handful in the Pats next tough game.

It's certainly a logical move, especially with Harry waiting in the wings--but I really hope Thomas was on board with it. He very well might have been, assuming that he's hoping for one last big payday next year. This Patriots lineup would hardly have given him a chance to showcase his skills!

Not bad to add a draft pick for a guy you picked up off the street and who never played a down for you. The opposite of the Raiders' experience with Brown. :cool:

Thomas did get that $300k to let himself be cut, so he probably is going to be at least understanding about this, even if he doesn't like the move. And, of course, it's also possible that he saw the landscape and asked for a trade.

He was a free agent a week ago and we get a pick for him? That’s stealing. Lol. I’m guessing Bodine gets his spot.

ALL YOUR WRS ARE BELONG TO US no longer applies.

Regards
Chris

If we start taking depth hits at WR DT should just start showing up to practice naked until they cut him. Then sign him back up like nothing happened

I would have kept him for insurance. If he HAD to be traded, send him back to Denver. He will be a handful in the Pats next tough game.

Watching the games last night, I actually wondered if he'd be a good option as a player returning to the Texans. I'd rather have him still here in New England, though. We've still got the floor/ceiling problem with this WR group, after all.

We traded for an old wide receiver ...

giphy.gif

Dunno...I don't like us losing depth. If Gordon goes AWOL and AB checks out...we could be really screwed with just Edelman, Dorsett, and Meyers....

The upside is that Harry would get a lot of reps...and Olszewski has some plays in him, IMO....

Meredith says hi

I'm guessing that sometime on Saturday, August 31, 2019, Gunner Olszewski found Jake Bequette's blackmail stash. :p

yeah I think it will be either Bodine or Obi who is taking the spot.

So youre allowed to sign someonne and trade them for a draft pick? Should do this every year lol depending on the cap penalty

Kind of disappointed. But I guess we really dont know if game 4 was a product of him playing against 4th stringers.

In bill we trust...if he thinks Meyers or gunner has a better chance to contribute than Thomas.
game 4 was probably just to get his profile up enough for a trade.

Bleh on the 6th round pick unless they find the next GOAT in round 6. The real benefit, though it might seem small, is there is a little cap relief from it.

Or maybe he's happy he'll be on a team where he actually gets some playing time.

Yeah...it's possible he's thankful for all the rehab we helped him with and now he can get more playing time.

Holy effing hell people are overrating Thomas. Gilmore would absolutely eat him for lunch, but that won't even be necessary. I'll be surprised if DT is even targeted more than a few times per game. They could only get a sixth round pick in 2021 for him, yet you think he's going to make a big impact when the Jets come to Foxboro? I'll put his over/under for yards in that game at 29.5.

yeah I think it will be either Bodine or Obi who is taking the spot.

I'd be surprised if they would resign Obi to the active roster. If he went unclaimed through waivers he can be signed to the PS (and activated in case of emergency at any point). What is the point putting him on the active roster under those circumstances ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down