PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas Re-Signed to 1-Year Deal with Harry on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBD.

Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't do anything.
It was good to see him out there running around after tearing his Achilles 8 months ago. That being said he was making plays against 4th stringers and wasn’t exactly running away from anyone. It’s a good start but I don’t think he should be penciled in as a major contributor yet by any means.

It was good to see him out there running around after tearing his Achilles 8 months ago. That being said he was making plays against 4th stringers and wasn’t exactly running away from anyone. It’s a good start but I don’t think he should be penciled in as a major contributor yet by any means.

Exactly. I'd be beyond happy if he was up to performing well against professional starters this Sunday, but context is everything when judging based on his play against Terell Sinkfield Jr. last week (and no, I did not make up that name! That was the fella trying out for the Giants lined up against him most of the game).

Last edited:

Well I'm going to go with History or His-Story DemaryiusThomas that is he's a proven player in this league the same cannot be said for the paltry production Dorsett.

I didn’t say anything about Dorsett. Dorsett is what he is at this point and he could only dream of putting up the kinds of numbers Thomas has in his prime. It’s weird to say since one guy is 31 coming off an Achilles and the other is 26 and has never had any major injuries but I think the ceiling is higher for DT this year. He may end up with Dorsett like production or he may give us 75% of what he did in his prime which would be pretty damn good.

I’m thinking Olszewski will be on the game day roster. I don’t think BB traded Crossen to keep him on the 53 just to be on the inactive list week in and week out. Olszewski has a role which is why he was kept and not his developmental potential as a receiver. Other than be a returner, I really can’t think what that role would be. Perhaps, the backup slot receiver , I guess.
You could make the argument that bb didn't trade crossen to keep them so they could be inactive
He traded crossen because crosses didn’t make the team.

giphy.gif

I didn’t say anything about Dorsett. Dorsett is what he is at this point and he could only dream of putting up the kinds of numbers Thomas has in his prime. It’s weird to say since one guy is 31 coming off an Achilles and the other is 26 and has never had any major injuries but I think the ceiling is higher for DT this year. He may end up with Dorsett like production or he may give us 75% of what he did in his prime which would be pretty damn good.

203Pat sorry if my post seem to come at you that wasn't the intention I am with you on DT.

It would be a waste a decent player we already know what Dorsett can do not much and Meyers might not be ready for prime time. The Gunner active over say a Thomas might raise some eyebrows.:confused:

If Gunner is active, it will be because of special teams, not because they chose him as a WR over Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes