PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas Re-Signed to 1-Year Deal with Harry on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't expect Thomas at the Start of the season but with him now available I think he's going to have a Big year. Thomas is a Perennial 1000yds guy I can see him having at-least 850 here barring injuries. I expect him to get significant playing time with the expected lack of production at TE our #3 WR will be key and I expect Thomas to be that guy. I expect him to challenge Flash Gordon for playing time that would work well in the Patriots favor and keep Gordon on his toes both physically and mentally.

Last edited:
I didn't expect Thomas at the Start of the season but with him now available I think he's going to have a Big year. Thomas is a Perennial 100yds guy I can see him having at-least 850 here barring injuries. I expect him to get significant playing with the expected lack of production at TE our #3 WR will be key and I expect Thomas to be that guy. I expect him to challenge Flash Gordon for playing time that would work well in the Patriots favor and keep Gordon on his toes both physically and mentally.

There's probably no squeeze for playing time between our #2 and #3 WRs because as you said, the TE situation is bad. I think our #3 WR will effectively be a starter.

I took Thomas with the last pick of my fantasy draft, so I'm hoping he makes me look like a genius.

Patterson as our #5 WR would have worked for me.

card that defenses had to account for a receiver or rusher no matter where he lined up. I'd rather he were in the mix than Olszewski.

Which reminds me: anybody have a guess who our KR is? Anybody?

Gunner if he's on the gameday roster (unlikely). Otherwise... yeah, no clue.

Gunner if he's on the gameday roster (unlikely). Otherwise... yeah, no clue.

I guess, though Gunner doesn't have a ton of experience at KR, even in college. In general, 4.56 40 + 6.88 cone = PR, not KR.

Good thing kick returns are disappearing from the game, eh?

I hope that doesn't happen because whosoever they would suit up minus Eldelman and Gordon ain't better than Thomas. I mean Dorsett and the Gunner.
Are you sure?

Good thing kick returns are disappearing from the game, eh?

I'm actually in the minority on this board (probably) that actually doesn't care if they do. I don't find kick returns all that exciting compared to punt returns, and even the ones that do result in big gains/touchdowns are usually just guys running in a straight line down the left sideline. I don't care if they stay either, and I'm not sure what a better replacement would be, but if they tried something else I'm not grabbing my pitchfork.

Really? DT at less than 100% > Everyone else...

What if he doesn't suit up?

It would be a waste a decent player we already know what Dorsett can do not much and Meyers might not be ready for prime time. The Gunner active over say a Thomas might raise some eyebrows.:confused:

The Patriots WR dept chart is not loaded with Special Teamers the Foursome of Gordon - Thomas - Dorsett and Meyers have no value there which is kind of shame.

It would be a waste a decent player we already know what Dorsett can do not much and Meyers might not be ready for prime time. The Gunner active over say a Thomas might raise some eyebrows.:confused:

Nobody on Earth is going to care if your eyebrows are raised by Thomas not being active for week one.

Dorsett had 32 receptions and 3 TDs during the regular season last year.

Plus, he caught clutch TDs in both the SD playoff game and the KC AFCCG.

As a WR #4 or #5, that's pretty freaking good.

Brady has already gone out of his way in public to praise him and point out that he trusts him. With another year in the system, there's no reason why he couldn't catch 40 this year.

He's a good puzzle piece.

Which reminds me: anybody have a guess who our KR is? Anybody?

Branden Bolden was back there on occasion in the preseason. I would guess he’s 2nd after Gunner. James White has returned some kicks as well over the years.

He is a better player. I didn’t say he is better if he is too injured to play.
There is no indication he is to injured to play either.

Branden Bolden was back there on occasion in the preseason. I would guess he’s 2nd after Gunner. James White has returned some kicks as well over the years.
I think it will be one if the RBs. I’m thinking Harris if he is active.

I think it will be one if the RBs. I’m thinking Harris if he is active.

I’m thinking Olszewski will be on the game day roster. I don’t think BB traded Crossen to keep him on the 53 just to be on the inactive list week in and week out. Olszewski has a role which is why he was kept and not his developmental potential as a receiver. Other than be a returner, I really can’t think what that role would be. Perhaps, the backup slot receiver , I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back