PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defense - old, slow, bad

There is no way Bentley has to accept a vet minimum deal.
KVN is a 5 mill decision. 7.4 to have him 2.4 to not.
Hard to believe a better replacement will be out there for 5 mill.
KVN will be back, BB likes him and he's still useful in certain situations.

I’m not gonna lie I feel like the chicken broth had something to do with buffalos success

KVN will be back, BB likes him and he's still useful in certain situations.

Judon is the only keeper.

The other older LBs are declining athletically but the only ones who know how to play. Bentley is terrible and shouldn't be re-signed. Let the bum go. The Pats have no good young LBs who can step in as 3down players across Winovich, Uche, Jennings, or Bentley. And then old savvy guys almost done in Hightower, Collins, Van Noy.

Last edited:
Ya...
Bentley is usable, NOT a stud, you don't NEED or can AFFORD, STUDS at every position.
Go **** Yourself on Wino/Uche, maybe Bill doesn't like Winos run coverage, Uche is STILL in play.
You fkn think you know EVERYTHING, You have NO Clue. Bruh...so sick of your CRAP.
SO MUCH I know better crap, GFY

Judon is the only keeper.

The other older LBs are declining athletically but the only ones who know how to play. Bentley is terrible and shouldn't be re-signed. Let the bum go. The Pats have no good young LBs who can step in as 3down players across Winovich, Uche, Jennings, or Bentley. And then old savvy guys almost done in Hightower, Collins, Van Noy.

Wouldn’t say Bentleys necessarily a bum.

he was the qb of a defense that took the team to 7-9 with cam.

stopped arz and Prescott at the goal line a few times.

he’s improved every season, numbers not far off from hts post ‘17 injury, young ish

boring and kinda slow and maybe in bbs mold of guy? Maybe. But pair him with a promising first or second rounder… that’s something. Between him and HT… keep one, lose one.

he’s improved every season, numbers not far off from hts post ‘17 injury, young ish

boring and kinda slow and maybe in bbs mold of guy? Maybe. But pair him with a promising first or second rounder… that’s something. Between him and HT… keep one, lose one.

I can see where you're coming from. After the 270 yard rushing game given up, 226 yard rushing game, and multiple 195/200 yard rushing games given up, I re-watched the opposing team highlights. You would see Bentley repeatedly taking bad ankles or getting juked repeatedly. Not just him but Godchaux getting his a-s kicked.

For me I Keep HT, kick Bentley to the curb.
Need to upgrade at CB, ILB, NT. The whole defense needs a revamp. Legit massive nose tackle, new young ILB to learn next to Hightower for a year (not Bentley), and a CB.

After these divisional games it's clear that we definitely need some speed in our defense. These teams have so much speed on offense it's crazy

After these divisional games it's clear that we definitely need some speed in our defense. These teams have so much speed on offense it's crazy
Agree , we might have been slaughtered by chiefs , Rams and Bengals .

We can't get all pro CB to contain them . It's just a shootout now. Mahomes was able to drive 40 yards in 13 seconds.

Rams seems to be the only team that can stop mahomes if they don't do the mistakes they did yesterday .

Hats off to Josh Allen. What a player. Truly heartbreaking seeing him lose. Single handedly carried the team .

Well, DMac just made it clear that Steve calls the D plays. His statements in this article were indicative of their defeated mindset.
Devin McCourty explains what made the Patriots’ playoff exit so frustrating

Would BB ever demote his son?? To me, the best fix would be to bring in a decorated DC that wouldn't look like Stevie is getting demoted but sitting under a "name" guy. But, sadly, I doubt stubborn BB changes anything.

JaWrong sucks; but if he's willing to sign a one-year, non-guaranteed deal for the vet minimum and compete for backup/STs snaps, then yeah why not I suppose...

I can see where you're coming from. After the 270 yard rushing game given up, 226 yard rushing game, and multiple 195/200 yard rushing games given up, I re-watched the opposing team highlights. You would see Bentley repeatedly taking bad ankles or getting juked repeatedly. Not just him but Godchaux getting his a-s kicked.

For me I Keep HT, kick Bentley to the curb.
Need to upgrade at CB, ILB, NT. The whole defense needs a revamp. Legit massive nose tackle, new young ILB to learn next to Hightower for a year (not Bentley), and a CB.

JaWrong's a Never-Was, but Hightower's now a Has-Been... I really would rather not see either of them return.

Time to see what we have with all of these other LBs still in the building.

JaWrong sucks; but if he's willing to sign a one-year, non-guaranteed deal for the vet minimum and compete for backup/STs snaps, then yeah why not I suppose...
JaWrong's a Never-Was, but Hightower's now a Has-Been... I really would rather not see either of them return.

Time to see what we have with all of these other LBs still in the building.

For the vet minimum, ok. And not to start but as the 5th case backup. Hightower is old but his instincts are still OK. On the other hand crap players like Bentley are worthless when they take themselves out of plays all the time with bad angles. Bentley on the field is playing 10 on 11, the areas he's supposed to be in are a total open-dam for the opposing offense.

I’m there with it. Just feel like in a 3-4 it’d be better for him. Only his third year.

he’s a pretty bad tackler in open space, but he’s made a few plays.

For the vet minimum, ok. And not to start but as the 5th case backup. Hightower is old but his instincts are still OK. On the other hand crap players like Bentley are worthless when they take themselves out of plays all the time with bad angles. Bentley on the field is playing 10 on 11, the areas he's supposed to be in are a total open-dam for the opposing offense.
I don’t really see the need for a slow, backup, zone corner who can’t play any other position.

I don’t really see the need for a slow, backup, zone corner who can’t play any other position.
I agree. That is indeed the issue. However, the team has NOT been able to find players that they judge better than WIlliams.

Williams is either worth his $1.4M of new money (close to minimum) or he is not.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back