PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deandre Hopkins Visiting Patriots Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can make cap space same as the Pats did.

sure they can, but considering Hopkins wants $15-20million thats alot of cap space they would need to make up.

my Guess is since nothing has happened since he has been released they will not....if there were a ton of suiters you would think he would be taking more visits. I think alot of these stories are from his agent to maybe boost the patriots or titans offer.

I think we should just back off from the table stakes . And let him come back to us if he wants to . I know he can be a game changer but looks like he wants money and to be on a super bowl contender. Just save the money for next year and spend on Jeudy or Higgins. Why go after somebody who is just using us to negotiate with other teams . Just call his bluff and expire the offer.

Last edited:

Pretty much. He wants more money from a contender with an elite QB. He’ll settle for more money and Mac Jones. He wants money and being on a contender, but when push comes to shove, looks like money will be the deciding factor.

Not that players always say what they mean, but this is a 100% contradiction to what he's said publicly. He said he doesn't need an elite QB. This is likely a float by his agent to get NE/TEN to up their offer out of fear that they need to outbid a team that likely hasn't actually made him an offer.

I don't understand why Bill is not pulling the trigger. We have the money.

My guess is Hopkins is the one who hasn't made a decision. He's going to wait until the last possible minute hoping someone ups their offer
I think you're right. He wants to play with KC, Buffalo or Cincy. I don't blame him. But TC is coming really soon so hopefully a decision is made in the next week or so.

I think you're right. He wants to play with KC, Buffalo or Cincy. I don't blame him. But TC is coming really soon so hopefully a decision is made in the next week or so.

None of them are working to clear the $15-20million on cap space it would take to sign him though.

I think by end of July he will pick either patriots or Titans

sure they can, but considering Hopkins wants $15-20million thats alot of cap space they would need to make up.

my Guess is since nothing has happened since he has been released they will not....if there were a ton of suiters you would think he would be taking more visits. I think alot of these stories are from his agent to maybe boost the patriots or titans offer.
Relatively easy to accomplish since KC has left room to maneuver by backloading players salaries in expiring contracts. The cap goes up next year as well.

KC has done great managing the cap.

They refused to let Hill hold them up and still won a Super Bowl.

Pretty much. He wants more money from a contender with an elite QB. He’ll settle for more money and Mac Jones. He wants money and being on a contender, but when push comes to shove, looks like money will be the deciding factor.

If Mac has a good year next year might be different when it comes to free agents but people only judge what they saw last and Mac was horrible and the offense was a mess.

I wish we could land Hopkins AND Dalvin Cook. Signing one would entice the other I think.

I wish we could land Hopkins AND Dalvin Cook. Signing one would entice the other I think.
Kinda feel that Cook will be with the Dolphins, his agent was on ESPN Radio yesterday saying that would be one of his ideal situations, that and playing for a contender.

Relatively easy to accomplish since KC has left room to maneuver by backloading players salaries in expiring contracts. The cap goes up next year as well.

They would have never won if the NFL did not decide not to play the game between Bills/Bengals. KC was staring at the third seed.

I mean theoretically they could. but what signs are there that they are preparing to create cap room to offer Hopkins $20million? there are none.

just one rumor circulated probably by his agent that "omg the cheifs are watching the hopkins situation!" If they really wanted him that bad it would be done by now..

It seems to me that Titans/Patriots are only offers out there and the offers arent exactly what Hopkins wants so hes just sitting hoping someone comes in with a better offer and is trying to drum up interest.

I mean theoretically they could. but what signs are there that they are preparing to create cap room to offer Hopkins $20million? there are none.

just one rumor circulated probably by his agent that "omg the cheifs are watching the hopkins situation!" If they really wanted him that bad it would be done by now..

It seems to me that Titans/Patriots are only offers out there and the offers arent exactly what Hopkins wants so hes just sitting hoping someone comes in with a better offer and is trying to drum up interest.
Hop to KC rumors are heating back up.

There is an opening there.

They would have never won if the NFL did not decide not to play the game between Bills/Bengals. KC was staring at the third seed.
3rd seed with the best QB in the game today.

You can pick apart every Super Bowl winner. NE would have never beat LA if Gurley was not hurt.

Kinda feel that Cook will be with the Dolphins, his agent was on ESPN Radio yesterday saying that would be one of his ideal situations, that and playing for a contender.
Cook signing here blows up the Pats RBBC.

I can't see it.

Hop to KC rumors are heating back up.

There is an opening there.

Once again. Show me KC making moves to sign him or even bringing him in for a visit.

An article "KC is watching the Hopkins situations and is interested" doesn't mean rumors are heating up.

I would bet this is to drum up interest from his agent. Since apparently there is none so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents