PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeAndre Hopkins’ Poor Boston Experience Might Concern Patriots Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost everything tastes better with bacon -- excepting desserts.

I tried a limited edition Pop Tart flavor, "Maple Bacon". It was a nasty-tasting pop tart.

Real question is did he order Manhattan style in Boston? Hmmmm…

I've never understood this obsession with how the media tries spin players will avoid this city or that city because of some reputation it used to have and i say this for every sport in every country, the truth is almost every city in the western world is great if you're earning 5m+ a year.

It's not like you're ever going to see the hood or endure any drama you're going to be in a mansion in some small town living not seeing any of it, the only true thing that matters when it comes to that is someone might just have no interest in living and playing in the cold weather.

So, he expected clam chowder to include only plant-based protein and no clams?

Probably not.
Plant based diets are sometimes difficult to maintain when traveling, especially for someone trying to maintain a high degree of muscle mass.
If it were me, and I needed a protein hit, I'd have gone with a piece of fish. At least then you know what you are getting.

I'll wire over some chocolate covered bacon.
One of the magnets that my wife put on the fridge reads, Chocolate is the answer. Who cares what the question is!

These athletes. My goodness. I am getting old af. All I can think anymore is STFU and train, or play ball. I don’t care about every opinion you have on everything under the sun. Make your social media posts thoughtful. Add some context. Engage me in a decent story or let me see how your mind works. Ugh. I’m slowly becoming a get off my lawn guy.
Your expectations of social media are extremely unrealistic.

There are multiple interviews where he says he's vegan and plants only..
He specifically said this isn't about ethics for him. He did say he's a vegan. But someone on a plant-based diet who isn't doing it for ethical reasons (ie. concern with animals or climate change) is not going to necessarily shy away from seafood. Only the ethics people maintain a strict diet. I know plenty of people that don't.

You read the article above where Hopkins says he knowingly ordered CLAM chowder and your conclusion is that he’s a vegan? He says he didn’t realize it had pork; he was seemingly perfectly fine with the clam.

Gotta love constructing some fake outrage over veganism.
From the article:
"Hopkins has been an investor and ambassador of Beyond Meat since 2019 and has embraced a plant-based diet, even during the NFL season."

What do you call a "plant-based diet" if it's not vegan?

I couldn't live the Vegan lifestyle. I don't know what I'm having for dinner yet but I'm sure it had parents.

For me would love to go full vegan but I like chicken and fish too much.
Rarely will enjoy a burger or steak.

What do you call a "plant-based diet" if it's not vegan?
Embracing a plant-based diet may mean that you prefer to eat mostly plant-derived foods. That's the foundation. It doesn't mean that you ONLY eat plant-based foods, every meal. My wife is like that.

Probably not.
Plant based diets are sometimes difficult to maintain when traveling, especially for someone trying to maintain a high degree of muscle mass.
If it were me, and I needed a protein hit, I'd have gone with a piece of fish. At least then you know what you are getting.
???

There are kits of vegan restaurants in Boston. And, yes, there are many sources of proteins that don't come from animals, fish and dairy.
=================
When I had prostate cancer, I was a vegan for several months. I found no issues in restaurants. One simply needs to plan. Almost all Asian restaurants provide many, many choices, as do vegan restaurants.

Back sorta on topic...a) I didn't know about the bacon, either. But yum:)

b) I always try out any vegan option. Meat is getting crazy expensive where I am and I enjoy a good burger every now and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3