PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deandre Hopkins Visiting Patriots Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Kidding GIF by One Chicago

Its about the money NOW.

Hopkins was representing himself when this began. The Browns and Patriots have the same amount of cap space.
The Browns are actually in very poor cap shape and are at the bottom of the league in future cap space. Even though they have a little more 2023 cap space than the Patriots I don't think that they can afford to get in a bidding war.

Now I'm curious to see how many of you are going to do a 180 if Hopkins signs with the Pats suddenly he won't be washed up lol

Last edited:
The Browns are actually in very poor cap shape and are at the bottom of the league in future cap space. Even though they have a little more 2023 cap space than the Patriots I don't think that they can afford to get in a bidding war.
Both Myles Garrett and Amari Cooper have 20 million in 2024 salary which is a good place to make cap space. Cooper will be due for an extension if he is still playing at a high level.

In my opinion its about cash in hand right now for Hopkins. The most guaranteed money that he can get.

Now I'm curious to see how many are you are going to do a 180 if Hopkins signs with the Pats suddenly he won't be washed up lol

Goat emoji

Makes no sense signing Hopkins.

The Pats will never get younger at WR if they keep signing old goats. Thornton needs as many targets as he can catch if he is ever going to be something. Boutee as well.

Hopkins will take the highest bid. The rest is BS.

Hopkins likes BOB's offense, he was good in it, and everyone likes to be good. Hopkins does not like BOB. Interesting how that works out with BB mediating. If BOB wants him that says a lot.

Makes no sense signing Hopkins.

The Pats will never get younger at WR if they keep signing old goats. Thornton needs as many targets as he can catch if he is ever going to be something. Boutee as well.

Thornton is more likely to have a breakout year with Hopkins. Hopkins will draw the best CB and double coverage. This will give Thornton favorable match ups.

The some of the best offenses these days tend to have not one, but two #1 quality WRs (Hill and Waddle, Chase and Higgins, Brown and Smith, Allen and Williams, Evans and Godwin). I don't get why we wouldn't want a #1 quality WR like Hopkins to pair with Thornton who hasn't proven he is #1 quality (at least not yet).

And Boutee isn't even guaranteed to be on the roster this year. And you think he is going to play so much that Hopkins is going to steal reps from him if added?

And if Hopkins is added, Parker is likely gone since Parker is just a lesser quality Hopkins who cannot stay healthy.

Thornton is more likely to have a breakout year with Hopkins. Hopkins will draw the best CB and double coverage. This will give Thornton favorable match ups.

The some of the best offenses these days tend to have not one, but two #1 quality WRs (Hill and Waddle, Chase and Higgins, Brown and Smith, Allen and Williams, Evans and Godwin). I don't get why we wouldn't want a #1 quality WR like Hopkins to pair with Thornton who hasn't proven he is #1 quality (at least not yet).

And Boutee isn't even guaranteed to be on the roster this year. And you think he is going to play so much that Hopkins is going to steal reps from him if added?

And if Hopkins is added, Parker is likely gone since Parker is just a lesser quality Hopkins who cannot stay healthy.
I will be very disappointed if we don't get him we need a player like D-Hop we would be instant contenders with him screw the rebuild. D-Hop - Juju and Thornton would be a really good Trio make it happen BB we have the $$$$$$$. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes