PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deandre Hopkins Visiting Patriots Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother rented in Somerville decades ago (near I-95) and my lasting memory of my treks through Somerville were the Bathtub Mary statues in front of so many homes.

OIP.l_klwk-fmaPc4LDGX9ssZgHaHa
OIP.RAqZ6Nf-xGCvyIsZg8ieJQAAAA
OIP.4w73LiN-DHgTBXYktTVo4AHaJ4

Bath-tub Marys: I like it! Never had one, but I do remember seeing them scattered across the neighborhood, both in Somerville & then North Dorchester... My Irish mom never drove, so we walked Everywhere!

My brother rented in Somerville decades ago (near I-95) and my lasting memory of my treks through Somerville were the Bathtub Mary statues in front of so many homes.

OIP.l_klwk-fmaPc4LDGX9ssZgHaHa
OIP.RAqZ6Nf-xGCvyIsZg8ieJQAAAA
OIP.4w73LiN-DHgTBXYktTVo4AHaJ4
2 of these are technically Mary on the half-shell and not Bathtub Marys.

Born at Somerville Hospital, lived in East Somerville until I was 3, between Foss Park & Broadway... I remember taking the Orange Line train into town with my mother & brother from the old Sullivan Square station, which was like the Biggest thing I had ever seen! Lost half of our neighborhood when I-93 was being built, sadly... Our old triple-decker might be the last one standing on that side of New Hampshire Avenue...
I am a retired Somerville FF for 33 years. Stationed and served out of of Broadway station many years
That area got gobbled up when 93 got built.
If you lived in a 2 decker back then. You were royalty
I knew there was a reason I liked you

Rumor is that he's going to visit more teams and decide right before camp.

Bath-tub Marys: I like it! Never had one, but I do remember seeing them scattered across the neighborhood, both in Somerville & then North Dorchester... My Irish mom never drove, so we walked Everywhere!
grew up in North Dorchester, and taught school there. Bought my first home in Somerville. I know all about those places and you are right. Both those place you could find pretty much what you needed within walking distance. When we moved to Brookline from Dorchester, My Mother still bought all her fruits and veggies back on Blue Hill Ave.. ;)

My Mom did not drive either. Most families in Somerville had 1 car. Dad drove it to his 2 jobs
You walked everywhere. No way we would ever take the bus. We would here the stories about the Depression days

That’s my neighborhood, nice! Sullivan Station is still likely as you remember it, and the T in general is probably worse today than it was in your day. Don’t let Hopkins ride the T, he’ll never want to come back here. Otherwise a lot of the city has changed. Gone are the days of the Assembly Square Mall, replaced by the fancier Assembly Row. Somerville High got redone. That Boys & Girls Club on Washington Ave replaced by luxury condos.
I remember I took my then 8 year old nephew from Alabama on the T to show him Boston
He loved it. But when he came back the next year, He said I want to go back 9n that train that smells like urine

Mack Wilson pretty heavily hinting Hopkins is signing… Mack is often like Judon’s recruiting assistant on Twitter lol.

Mack Wilson pretty heavily hinting Hopkins is signing… Mack is often like Judon’s recruiting assistant on Twitter lol.

I think it’s one big troll job but who knows.

I think it’s one big troll job but who knows.

idk, would they troll patriots fans so much and then watch him sign somewhere else? I guess whats the worst that happens to them?

on the other hand, he hasn't signed with Tennesee even after leaving, and hasn't scheduled any visits...

Rumor is that he's going to visit more teams and decide right before camp.

He never said that he was interested in playing with Mac, so he may be just playing the Pats at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes