PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deandre Hopkins Visiting Patriots Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they scream Bill Belichick dealing with the media. Rinse, wash, repeat. Have you been in a coma for 22 years.
Bill acknowledging it is something he would never do in 22 years. This is different. His usual response would be no comment or something along those lines.

What chemistry was there with Thomas, who was also new to camp? You don't think Brady wanted/screamed for AB?

The Patriots tried everything that one year, one last year for a run. Gordon failed his test (again), AB exploded, and Sanu got hurt.
Thomas was signed in April.

AB was signed in September.

Can you expand?
The Patriots contacted Steve Smith in 2014 FA, but he told them his first visit was Baltimore and that NE would be next on his list. After his visit, he gave Bill a BS excuse why he was cancelling due to "weather" and the Ravens gave him an offer he "couldn't refuse".

Why he didn't learn from Derrick Mason is beyond me.

Emmanuel Sanders was next on the list, but that ended differently. They could've fielded a bad ass crew in 2014.

All I am saying is that bringing him in has significant potential downsides as noted above but also you delay development of younger WRs.

LOL Since when have the Patriots been known for "developing" younger WRs? Julian Edelman was drafted over 14 years ago. Do we need to invoke the name of N'Keal Harry again? And Twiggy Thornton has hurt himself again so who knows how much time he's gonna miss. :poop:

Maybe they should make him cupcakes like the Jets did for Hightower.

Will Mac be willing to give up number 10 to Hopkins?

Thursday - the day after mandatory minicamp is over. So they can sign him and let him still take the next month off til camp. Shocker!

Good to see him intending to leave Tennessee without a deal.

Have to wonder if Patriots clearing cap space is so they can make him an offer.

Maybe they should make him cupcakes like the Jets did for Hightower.

Man, that had fallen off the radar screen. We really need to keep that alive. "Jets give 'cupcake' a whole new meaning." Etc. That was some absurdity beyond comprehension. Did we ever find out which member of their staff made them?

No, they scream Bill Belichick dealing with the media. Rinse, wash, repeat. Have you been in a coma for 22 years.

He's just making a point that the focus should be on the players that are actually on the roster and practicing right now, not another NFL celebrity side show for a FA.

Not even close Hopkins is proven he could be the difference with us being Contenders or not. We are pretenders without him. I want us the Contend for the Division not Third place also BB is not getting younger now is the time.
Hop has been and is an elite talent.. injury/ and suspension had him off the field otherwise he's pretty a pretty durable player.

He's instantly be the best WR on our team. His presence would allow favorable match ups with teams 3rd, 4th Corners and safeties for other guys. The NFL is all about match ups! So i agree without him we'd be a good team, but hop gives us the added dimension. Imagine hop on one side Thornton on the other. Juju in the slot, KB on the boundary. We'd move the ball with ease..

Keep reading tweets that Hopkins will visit Wednesday AND Thursday. I find that really interesting. As a player, it must be a wow moment after meeting with Bob Kraft, since he is such a nice guy and great owner. It seems players really seem to genuinely like and admire Kraft. Plus I’m sure he’ll show Hopkins those 6 Lombardi trophies. And we already know the mutual respect Belichick & Hopkins have for each other. I think after two days meeting the owners and coaches, he might sign with the Pats, and never leave the building.

Bill acknowledging it is something he would never do in 22 years. This is different. His usual response would be no comment or something along those lines.

He tried to not acknowledge it, with the first question by saying “I don’t know about that”, when I asked if Hopkins was scheduled for a visit the following day (today). He would have been happy to leave it at that but then somebody asked a follow-up question.

It is very difficult, even for Bill, to completely deny a visit by a player when your team’s official Twitter page already announced the visit last week. His responses were not at all inconsistent with what we have been hearing for 22 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back