PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeAndre Hopkins released (And Ongoing Rumors)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PHOTO-DeShaun-Watson-Spotted-At-Hertz-Rental-Car-Counter-Inside-Boston-Logan-Airport-On-Tuesday.jpg

I am kind of sour on him I don’t want him if it means losing a good young WR.
For me only Parker’s spot is open for grabs.
I’d rather develop Boutte.
I'll agree, if we do sign him... what does that mean for Bourne? Hop is is still elite, still can route run, still has great hands and speed. He likely will choose between Bills or Chiefs unfortunately...

I'd take Hopkins over Parker any day.
Oh absolutely, I was referring to boune.. I'd still like KB to be part of this team regardless.

Hopkins would complete our Offense a nice piece to make Mac Look good.

Hopkins - Juju and Thornton that's as good as it gets.

Most on the Cardinals boards are upset they were not able to trade him and get a draft pick(s).

Over the last 3 years Hopkins has fallen from being a top 10 WR in the league to be "merely" a good one. Yes, we probably COULD do a two year contract and push most the cap consequence into next year, which is what any team will do to sign him.

My guess is he'll take a 2 year $20MM deal from one of the top competitors, or something closer to a 2 year $30MM from the likes of us. I doubt he's even a possibility here given the friction between him and BOB (assuming the dislike is actually exists).

Is ti worth an estimated $20+MM cap hit next year for a WR who is now JUST a good, aging, and injury prone WR in a year where you are still building you program? I don't think so, even if he WANTED to come here, which he evidently doesn't. So that pretty much sums it up. All that being said I WOULD consider signing him to a $5MM contract with another $5+million in playing an performance incentives. But do you REALLY see Hopkins signing a deal like that?

I hope this will end up being a rather short thread and we can spend our time talking about things that may actually concern the Patriots.

How much of his salary is being guaranteed by the cardinals ?

I think his agent has been talking to him about who to expect offers from if he was released. And I think it's interesting that he came out with his statement about what he'd like from a suitor and it sounded a lot like what the Patriots can offer.

I know some people think it'll come down to where he thinks he can go and win, but I bet it'll come down to who offers him the most money.

Over the last 3 years Hopkins has fallen from being a top 10 WR in the league to be "merely" a good one. Yes, we probably COULD do a two year contract and push most the cap consequence into next year, which is what any team will do to sign him.

My guess is he'll take a 2 year $20MM deal from one of the top competitors, or something closer to a 2 year $30MM from the likes of us. I doubt he's even a possibility here given the friction between him and BOB (assuming the dislike is actually exists).

Is ti worth an estimated $20+MM cap hit next year for a WR who is now JUST a good, aging, and injury prone WR in a year where you are still building you program? I don't think so, even if he WANTED to come here, which he evidently doesn't. So that pretty much sums it up. All that being said I WOULD consider signing him to a $5MM contract with another $5+million in playing an performance incentives. But do you REALLY see Hopkins signing a deal like that?

I hope this will end up being a rather short thread and we can spend our time talking about things that may actually concern the Patriots.
ken you can't get something for nothing Juju was a step we need more: Juju is not the outside WR D-Hop is. We have to keep up with the competition especially in our Division. Mac is the kind of QB that will look good with Good players around him...not the other way around We have the $$$$$.

We need to pursue 1) to upgrade the wr room as well as 2) driving up the price tag for KC and Buffalo.
IF the Patriots aren't real players in this scenario I will be very disappointed. Getting a player like D-Hop is the difference between being a Meh Team or very good Team...Let's not waste the Defense again this year BB we have a good one that can get even better.

The possibilities I tell the possibilities D-Hop - Juju - Thornton yeah. :cool:
D Parker - Juju - Thornton.:rolleyes: Scenario one is perfect we would be asking a awful lot from scenario two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick