PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Amendola (hip) tore the adductor muscle; out 3-4 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 questions/comments that I'd have about the Amendola injury:

1--maybe they'll wait another couple of weeks past the 3 week timeframe that they tried last time? Of course that'd put his return around 5 weeks though.

2--even IF Havens is right and he would need surgery if he strains it again, could that be put off until the end of the season? It'd obviously be a bad scenario, but it could be possible that he could get through the season with some management of the pain and rest.

Any way you look at it, it's cause for concern. I tend to agree with you that they may be hoping for a different result from the same action, and we all know the definition of that ;)

1. We'll just have to see how long they give him. I would think it should be longer than last time, but who knows?

2. The other side is that if he does re-injure, then surgery costs another month or so. So he could take a month off and even if he re-injures it he still could be back by the playoffs. But they would have lost most of the season. This place would go ballistic.

edit: Players often try to play through this type of injury so it is possible. But performance typically suffers, and that (rather than inability to play) is what eventually leads to surgery. If he re-injures, surgery would be best bet rather than continuing to nurse it after 2 relapses. At least after surgery it is fixed.

Thats not taking 3 weeks off. You know that. Why does t take 50 posts for you to accept that your comment that taking 3 weeks off would be doing the same thing and hoping for a different result? Its really OK to admit you were wrong. I promise no one will laugh at you.

Two weeks....3 weeks...whatever. These grand inquisitions you embark on over the most meaningless points get so old. Being right all the time is such a full time job for you.

Two weeks....3 weeks...whatever. These grand inquisitions you embark on over the most meaningless points get so old. Being right all the time is such a full time job for you.

Then feel free to ignore it.
The poster made a derogatory comment that the team was making an ignorant decision by repeating the same mistake, and using an example that wasn't the same.
There was no need for inquisition if he accepted that, but instead decided to pretend 2 weeks were 3.

Thats not taking 3 weeks off. You know that. Why does t take 50 posts for you to accept that your comment that taking 3 weeks off would be doing the same thing and hoping for a different result? Its really OK to admit you were wrong. I promise no one will laugh at you.

Two weeks off, three weeks, 10 days off.....who cares??

Amendola initially hurt himself in the pre-season, took rest and treatment for that injury for many days AND COULD NOT MAKE IT THROUGH THE 1ST HALF OF THE 1ST GAME OF THE SEASON without re-injuring himself.

Given the very recent history with this player and that particular injury would someone like to explain the dog and pony show we saw on Monday with Limpy on the practice field??

He won't last another half of a game until reaggravate this injury.

I'm kind of done with this guy, I thought some of those past injuries were due to bad luck and him trying to make impossible diving catches from over throws by Sam Bustford but you know what, groin injury? No one takes a hit on the groin, this is a clear sympton of injury proneness and I don't even know if this word really exists.

I'm kind of done with this guy, I thought some of those past injuries were due to bad luck and him trying to make impossible diving catches from over throws by Sam Bustford but you know what, groin injury? No one takes a hit on the groin, this is a clear sympton of injury proneness and I don't even know if this word really exists.

So I must be injury prone then also........

And regarding ToughGlass' groin/hernia/tummyache: I have read/heard that if he undergoes surgery, he will miss a month; if he chooses rehab, he could return in a few weeks.
What the heck is the difference?
Just have the dam surgery already, be done with it, and be ready for the last 8 games of the season.

And regarding ToughGlass' groin/hernia/tummyache: I have read/heard that if he undergoes surgery, he will miss a month; if he chooses rehab, he could return in a few weeks.
Just have the dam surgery already, be done with it, and be ready for the last 8 games of the season.
100 percent agreement. does anybody really think this guy will remain on the field for very long when he comes back?

I agree if its 6 games with surgery vs 3 games without ill take the surgery but its not my body. my only concern is if he re-injures it he could end up on IR

I'm not so sure the info that's leaked out is accurate, if what your saying was true I'm sure they'd do the surgery but there seems to be conflicting info on what's really wrong with him.

He's injury prone, but there's no sense in giving up on him over that now that he's a member of the Patriots. If you were giving up on injury prone Patriots, you'd have to get rid of:

Brady
Vereen
Connolly
Vollmer
Gronk
Edelman
Amendola
Sudfeld

Whether we like it or not, BB has assembled a glass menagerie on the offensive side of the ball. Cheer for it, and look at it as if the glass is only half broken. ;)

He's injury prone, but there's no sense in giving up on him over that now that he's a member of the Patriots. If you were giving up on injury prone Patriots, you'd have to get rid of:

Brady
Vereen
Connolly
Vollmer
Gronk
Edelman
Amendola
Sudfeld

Whether we like it or not, BB has assembled a glass menagerie on the offensive side of the ball. Cheer for it, and look at it as if the glass is only half broken. ;)
It seems absurd that some people are willing to write off a player 2 games into a 5 year contract.

It seems absurd that some people are willing to write off a player 2 games into a 5 year contract.

why????? we HAVE to get rid of this stiff before we can get Weklah back!!! can't you see this????..plus we need the extra money to make sure Wes is completely satisfied and happy...I think an extra 8 million a year would do it...c'mon Kraft...stop being cheap....bring our Wes back!!!!!!

I know that most people are done believing this at this point, but I still don't think he's going to be chronically injured for the remainder of his contract with the Pats, at least no more than the average player.

He dislocated his shoulder in 2011. He had surgery in which the muscle around his clavicle was cut into. He broke his clavicle in 2012. If that's a coincidence, it's a huge one. The groin thing is unrelated to that injury.

If this groin injury nags him all year or if injuries start to pile on, I'll start to wonder about his fragility.

I understand the frustration though. New England hasn't been able to get all the offensive weapons out on the field a the same time in a while. Hernandez ruined any chance of actually seeing such a thing..

people are writing him off because of his history. Look at how many games he misses every year. I won't write him off until next year. if he gets hurt for a while again next year...then I will write he is pure glass (even though he is now)

I'm not so sure the info that's leaked out is accurate, if what your saying was true I'm sure they'd do the surgery but there seems to be conflicting info on what's really wrong with him.

Seems like Bill wants him to go through some practice motions for now, and perhaps have a consensus of his diagnosis by this time next week. If surgery is still the better course of treatment that will leave DA closer to completely healthy, then I wouldn't be surprised if Bill decides to have it done.

100 percent agreement. does anybody really think this guy will remain on the field for very long when he comes back?

I'm sure there are plenty of people who will post that they think he will, but deep down they probably don't. I don't think he'll remain on the field very long after coming back. I think either his groin will flare back up or something else will happen. But I do HOPE he remains on the field for the rest of the season after coming back.

I have given up on Amendola at this point. It's obvious he simply cannot stay healthy for any length of time. Maybe he will come back 100% in two weeks for a game or two but its only a matter of time before he gets turf toe or pulls a hamstring then misses more games.

Truth is BB "value" players have not worked out great for him the past few years. Maybe its time to spend some money on receivers considering Brady only has about 3 seasons left.

I have given up on Amendola at this point. It's obvious he simply cannot stay healthy for any length of time. Maybe he will come back 100% in two weeks for a game or two but its only a matter of time before he gets turf toe or pulls a hamstring then misses more games.

Truth is BB "value" players have not worked out great for him the past few years. Maybe its time to spend some money on receivers considering Brady only has about 3 seasons left.

So it's only a matter of time until he gets two injuries that he has absolutely no history of. Thank you for offering up such a thought-provoking and grounded opinion - this is the kind of brilliant, insightful analysis that I come to patsfans for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents