PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Kaepernik Invalidate the CBA?

Wouldn't be surprised if Green Bay calls him. Not sure he'd start over Hundley but they're going to need a backup.

You do realize that Green Bay is in the mid west, and not San Francisco? No way they call him. The fans would go ballistic!

The bottomline is, you can't be in the entertainment business and offend a major portion of your audience, it just doesn't work!

I have no use for Kaep & beleive he's out of the NFL because he's a lousy QB that can't run a sophisticated offense. That said, I hope he sticks it to that piece of #*$% Goodell & exposes Roger for being the empty incompetent stuffed suit that we all know that he is.

I guess Kaep doesn't have any interest in the CFL? I would think he could get on a team there if he wanted to.

I'd love to see it happen, but it'd be impossible to prove. And even if they did, the NFL would probably still win somehow. I doubt they colluded anyways, sure I'm sure some hated the protest and are racist but I doubt all of them did and then there's some that aren't racist but just see it as anti-military and then we have the ones that either don't like the fit or don't want the media circus that would come with him.

wells_t_web.jpg
Lol that would have been amazing if he hired Ted Wells vs the NFL.

You hit the nail on the head. Can you imagine what some of these owners wrote in emails to each other about him? Some of these guys are just dumb.
You are calling the owners dumb for what reason? Writing emails you have no proof exist?

What's truly dumb, besides Dr. Pain's post, is Kaepernik's insistance that he deserves a different outcome than what has transpired

Last edited:
The players will not negotiate this and it is a non starter... even if they throw in a ton of perks do not see the players relenting.
Bull. The overwhelming majority of players stand. They probably wouldn’t mind being rid of the hassle themselves and if they can get a concession for it, all the better.
You cannot legislate what people view as right and just...
But you can legislate workplace conduct.
Back to the topic, the NFL and its owners do not want this to go to trial, so there may be some sort of settlement along the way.. to expose their emails and conversations will prove to be a breaking point for the league....
I guess we will see, but I doubt they are worried about the CBA being invalidated. As noted above, the whole process will take so long to play out that the CBA will be close to expiration anyway.

I guess Kaep doesn't have any interest in the CFL? I would think he could get on a team there if he wanted to.

Great point. Kaepernick could have had a starting job in the CFL in a moment, but like Tebow and others his ego is too big to go there and prove team’s should want to give him another chance. And as much as I hate the NFL’s legal team that would be my first argument in court against him.

He wants to be a victim so badly.
I have no idea concerning the merits of his case, which is for a Judge to decide.

However, the law doesn't look at Kaepernick's character or even his motivation in bringing his case, but at whether what he is claiming is true.

A judge might well determine that Kaepernick is, indeed, someone with a "victim complex," who is overplaying his hand, and toss the case for lack of reasonable cause to proceed.

But, if the Judge allows the case to proceed and if Kaepernick can show by emails or the testimony of credible whistle-blowers that two or more owners colluded to keep him from being hired or given a chance to try out, then the NFL has a problem...a big problem.

Krapadick isn't even anywhere NEAR NFL shape. His islamic jihadist "wife" has him eating a middle eastern vegetarian diet. He looks like a shriveled corpse. His only aim now is create as much controversy and disharmony within the NFL as is possible.
The slizz must be absolutely amazing because she has totally warped his head to the point where he's completely thrown his NFL career into the ****ter.

You are calling the owners dumb for what reason? Writing emails you have no proof exist?

What's truly dumb, besides Dr. Pain's post, is Kaepernik's insistance that he deserves a different outcome than what has transpired

Are you trying to say that the NFL owners aren't dumb? Were you in Tibet for about 18 months starting in 2014 when, one after another, every owner made an absolute fool of himself when he tried to say something about Deflategate and why Brady deserved to be suspended?

You can make enough money if you're good at business or whatever to buy an NFL team, but it still doesn't guarantee that you're not a complete moron in critical thinking and common sense.

And he's only thrown 41 TDs in his last 35 starts.

Kaepernick is a running QB who's bad in the pocket. There's not a huge market for those guys. He's really only a stylistic fit for 3 teams (and he'd only be with those teams as a backup)

Seattle
Buffalo
Carolina

and a stretch fit in one more

Green Bay.

As for the bad teams who might, theoretically, be willing to say "Screw it, why not?" and bring him in as a starter:

SF - Not happening, for obvious reasons
Cle - drafted Kiser
Chi - drafted Trubisky
NYJ - Why would they want to replace McCown?

So
  1. Where's his fit as a starter?
  2. Where is he worth the hassle, and money, as a backup?

Tennessee, where not only he is better than the backup but also better than Mariota.

Tennessee, where not only he is better than the backup but also better than Mariota.
Let's not get crazy here lol. Feel like people either horribly overrate or underrate Kapernick.

I really hope you're kidding.

This isn't going anywhere lol

I really hope you're kidding.

Holy ****.

Ok, when I say is better I'm talking about present so let me correct that, what Kaep did in those 2 years with Harbaugh was much better than what Mariota has ever done and possibly will do in the NFL.

Ok, after Harbaugh he stunk, lost a ton of muscle with that **** vegan diet, got some injuries, and lost his mind out of football completely, but I'm a believer that someone who did once can do it again. I was watching one of those ESPN Greatest SB shows one of these days and the show was covering the Ravens x 49ers SB and he was playing out of his mind back then.

I'm not sure he will ever get his **** together, he says he will stand for the anthem if given another chance but that bridge is burned to the ground, I think he is a lost cause but at least he can do what many QB's can't in the NFL, win games, he proved that for 2 years. So for the main question, I think he still does have a place in the league, from a football standpoint only. There are many teams that would improve with even 50% of that Kaepernick. The whole package is the problem.

Bull. The overwhelming majority of players stand. They probably wouldn’t mind being rid of the hassle themselves and if they can get a concession for it, all the better.
But you can legislate workplace conduct.
I guess we will see, but I doubt they are worried about the CBA being invalidated. As noted above, the whole process will take so long to play out that the CBA will be close to expiration anyway.
Correct, and you don't get to see emails and private communications because you file a frivolous lawsuit.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back