PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Kaepernik Invalidate the CBA?

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Wow!

Report about Kaep on the halftime show just now said he is suing the league for collusion based on his inability to even get a try-out. Interesting aspect is that there reportedly is a provision in the CBA that invalidates it if teams are guilty of collusion.

This could get interesting, especially if his legal team is savvy about electronic discovery review. Email archives will be an interesting aspect of this. I don't give him lots of chances for success, but it's not out of the question either.

I just don't see any way the lawsuit succeeds. He would have to conclusively demonstrate collusion. I don't believe any collusion exists beyond - at most - an unspoken wink 'n nod agreement among the teams.

Just because every team independently decides his talent isn't worth the sh*tstorm he would bring doesn't mean they colluded to come to that conclusion.

Furthermore, this sort of case will take years to adjudicate to finality (assuming the NFL appelas if they lost). It could easy be a situation where there is no final decision before the current CBA expires anyway.

Wow!

Report about Kaep on the halftime show just now said he is suing the league for collusion based on his inability to even get a try-out. Interesting aspect is that there reportedly is a provision in the CBA that invalidates it if teams are guilty of collusion.

This could get interesting, especially if his legal team is savvy about electronic discovery review. Email archives will be an interesting aspect of this. I don't give him lots of chances for success, but it's not out of the question either.
You hit the nail on the head. Can you imagine what some of these owners wrote in emails to each other about him? Some of these guys are just dumb.

You hit the nail on the head. Can you imagine what some of these owners wrote in emails to each other about him? Some of these guys are just dumb.
but are they so dumb they don't delete them?

giphy.gif

I'm sure Rog will claim he was on double secret suspension.

Yeah, his lawyer thinks Scott Peterson is innocent!

Imagine if you are a judge and a guy who opted out of his contract comes to you and says " I'm unemployed due to no fault of my own".

He basically hired the worst lawyer in America who will file any motion.

This has ZERO chance of getting any traction.

collusion is very hard to prove, when their are no outside factors. Kaepernick bqdically had alienated 60% of America, everyone law enforcement officer and anyone with any Cuban heritage.

The Giants owner was explicit when he said that he wasn't going to give Kaepernick a shot because of the controversy. It wasn't based on his play. The Ravens owner also brought up the protest.

This doesn't mean collusion. Only that he is being blackballed by some owner because of the protest, and not because of his ability.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Kaepernick is better than Beathard and Hoyer.

Pats should just trade Jimmy for picks or maybe a LB or DE, then they can just sign Kap.

The Giants owner was explicit when he said that he wasn't going to give Kaepernick a shot because of the controversy. It wasn't based on his play. The Ravens owner also brought up the protest.

This doesn't mean collusion. Only that he is being blackballed by some owner because of the protest, and not because of his ability.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Kaepernick is better than Beathard and Hoyer.

This pic tweeted out by his girlfriend killed any chance with the Ravens who were considering hiring him.

IMG_0451.JPG

It's awfully tough to claim to being blackballed when publicly comparing interested employers to evil, murderous slave owners. He lost my sympathy there.

Agreed. One might think otherwise though when seeing the way people let emotion skew their perception of how he is as a football player.

Colin Kaep is probably worse than Bortles

Good luck proving collusion, they can just point to your last few years where you stunk and people like Manziel are were out of the league after a year or two.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back