PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Kaepernik Invalidate the CBA?

I don't think it's about the African-American issue; it's about the symbol they've chosen for their protest. Most Americans have a sentimental attachment to their country, and if the players were protesting the issue of police brutality without also incorporating an action most people consider an insult to the primary symbol of the country, their message would be better received. If someone insults my mother--though they may truly not mean it as an insult and are just trying to call attention to an unrelated issue--I'm going to stop listening and be understandably offended regardless of their intent.

Again, it wasnt during the national anthem.

Look, politics are not supposed to be going into this, but AFTER the fact, certain people tweeted that they were glad the players got booed.

This was AFTER they stood up for the national anthem.

Again, it wasnt during the national anthem.

Look, politics are not supposed to be going into this, but AFTER the fact, certain people tweeted that they were glad the players got booed.

This was AFTER they stood up for the national anthem.
Why are politics not supposed to go into this? It's extremely political.

I think it is clearly about race, some people apparently just don't know their place.

Now I can get behind Long's position (I understood he didn't kneel, but locked arms, correct?). Long has taken it beyond spite for the President, and demonstrated some actual conviction.

Totally agree. Jerry Jones, who apparently intends to penalize those players not standing for the anthem (at the moment; he changes so often), should quickly incorporate a 501c3 charity so that the kneeling players can elect to forward their paychecks to this particular charity, for the benefit of black communities. I'm sure they'll all be as happy to do so as Mr. Long.

You cannot legislate workplace conduct if you have a verified bargaining agreement...

IMO the best way to handle this would be to have the players stay in the tunnel or locker room until after the Anthem, as they did in the past.. then the players can do what they want out of sight of TV cameras...

Players should argue the opposite.
There is currently no effective limit to Goodell's power.
(because of the "good of the game" clause?)

Regulating players while in uniform on game day etc. is proper,
Off the field stuff bothers me.
Elliot loses 6 games because he likes crazy women?

One of the things I always admired about the NFL
is that the men were judged by what happened On The Field.
All the way to the HoF.

Paul Brown spoke to men in jail/getting out.
You want to stay a loser or play football?

This won't work for everyone,
but as we have seen with BB
if they buy in they become Holy Crusaders.

It also is a very important issue politically,
given our prison population

Men need to work, and they need to know they can if they want to.
Otherwise things are literally hopeless.
As far as the anthem?
Change it to"America".
Then somebody would be able to sing it.

All of us, too

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back