PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something that you no doubt have a lot of experience with throughout your life.

By the way, I do indeed. I had a serious issue with my knees in junior high school and went from being a good athlete to walking with a cane for half a year. Was also the smallest kid in my 9th grade class (late to puberty). Then I came back after summer break many inches taller, many pounds heavier, and with my legs healthy for the first time in more than two years.

I started boxing, started lifting. I paid my way through college as a bouncer.

Saw a lot of bullies then, too, and I remembered.

I was about to say the same thing...with the addition that the steak, chicken, pork, and fish is clean and regulated by the government. This is exactly what happened in the early 20th century with meat markets in or country before Teddy Roosevelt signed into law bills that regulated the meat industry.
You missed my poor attempt at a joke

That's correct. I don't hold any resentment or negative feelings towards any Chinese people.

Saying it's "China's virus" rather than "the Chinese virus" obviously implies their leadership.
Remember when Obama was President and his middle name was used to troll him? Same here with "China" reference. In both cases the word use is accurate but the morivation to use it is a little more sinister. I get it, politics is being played but im getting pretty sick of trying to watch the news to get pandemic information and with every bit of news we get fed a dose of politics. MSNBC, FOX, CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC are using this to campaign for or against Trump.......edit, wanted add that when I was 21 there was a flu going around calles the "Hong Kong" flu. I remember it because I had it on my birthday.

Remember when Obama was President and his middle name was used to troll him? Same here with "China" reference. In both cases the word use is accurate but the morivation to use it is a little more sinister. I get it, politics is being played but im getting pretty sick of trying to watch the news to get pandemic information and with every bit of news we get fed a dose of politics. MSNBC, FOX, CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC are using this to campaign for or against Trump.......edit, wanted add that when I was 21 there was a flu going around calles the "Hong Kong" flu. I remember it because I had it on my birthday.

Spanish Flu was called that because Spain was neutral in in World War I and the other countries didn't want to admit their own issues with the flu. Spain was reporting their numbers accurately, the others were not.

Truly disgusting that pats fans dot com posters have not taken personal responsibility for the virus floating in the air and killing people. Deranged, really.
Prime, use common sense. The virus is no ones fault.

I just find it surprising that intelligent & educated adults are using a forum on a once in a century pandemic to complain.

I haven’t read much on coming together and watching out for one another. I’ve read little about how we’re all going to do our best to help stop the spread or being extra kind & considerate in a time we’re all stressed over what the future holds.

I’m trying to turn off the anger button and accept this on the virus’ terms because I have no other option.

Stay healthy & safe

Well then, his hands are clean then....the energy your brain uses to come up with these posts could probably equal the energy output of a small potato

Just going to say that my kids are Asian and they are not being bullied because of something Trump said. They are being asked some questions (some good, some dumb) and may be being avoided because they're Asian but they're not being bullied.

And the reason they are being asked questions and may be being avoided is because China, once again, let a deadly virus get out of control.

Trump's attempts to put China's name on it doesn't bother me. I agree that there are more diplomatic ways but right now I'm angry at both China and Trump for their botched efforts and I don't mind shoving China's face in it.

Prime, use common sense. The virus is no ones fault.

I just find it surprising that intelligent & educated adults are using a forum on a once in a century pandemic to complain.

I haven’t read much on coming together and watching out for one another. I’ve read little about how we’re all going to do our best to help stop the spread or being extra kind & considerate in a time we’re all stressed over what the future holds.

I’m trying to turn off the anger button and accept this on the virus’ terms because I have no other option.

Stay healthy & safe

Well, coming together is the exact opposite of what we should be doing right now.

I'm kidding. I understand the sentiment, and don't disagree.

People here are playing political word games too. Trump said "........". "OMG what about the kids"

Trump and his administration failed horribly handling this virus. He's not getting reelected because of it. Or at least I highly doubt it.

And yes the Barack Hussein Obama stuff got old quick too.

It's really sad. Whites truly are the most-oppressed race.
Well I suppose white children do deserve to be murdered and raped. I’ll pass that on to my kids.

Feel free to post some crime statistics by race to show who’s committing violence against who.

Time to really fan some flames.

What will the anti-vaxxers do when the vaccine is available?

For that matter,
1) Will states refuse to have non-medical exemptions for this vaccine?
2) Will this whole fiasco trigger all states to repeal all non-medical exemptions for all vaccines?
3) When this vaccine is available, will it be truly mandatory (other than for people who have valid medical reasons to not have it) or just be the usual "you have to have to go to public school"? Of course, that may be moot because I can totally see companies making getting the vaccine a condition of employment for anyone it's not medically contraindicated for.

The Chinese government destroyed evidence of the virus in December, they allowed 5 million people to travel in & out of Wuhan, no warning, they lied about the numbers, threatened to withhold medicine from the U.S. jailed & censored whistleblowers, & now blame the U.S

That's a better word to use.

People here are playing political word games too. Trump said "........". "OMG what about the kids"

Trump and his administration failed horribly handling this virus. He's not getting reelected because of it. Or at least I highly doubt it.

And yes the Barack Hussein Obama stuff got old quick too.
Since y’all are discussing politics - you might listen to Axelrod. This likely increases Trump’s chances of winning. Every day for the next several months, he gets to stand next to Fauci, take actions and make news. Biden is a bystander, irrelevant, stuck on the sidelines - like Pat Mahomes in the AFCCG 2 years ago.

I was about to say the same thing...with the additional caveat that the steak, chicken, pork, and fish are clean and regulated by the government. This is exactly what happened in the early 20th century with meat markets in our country before Teddy Roosevelt signed into law a bill that initiated regulation of the meat industry. Apparently China is 100 years behind.
China's been around for over 3,000 years; the US less than 250 years. :rolleyes:

China's been around for over 3,000 years; the US less than 250 years. :rolleyes:
Is your argument China's traditional consumption of animals is fine and human's ability to deal with viruses has evolved and subsequently now intolerant?

Just because something was ok 3k years ago doesn't make it ok now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back