PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
China's been around for over 3,000 years; the US less than 250 years. :rolleyes:

Yes, their standards are better than ours, so why don't you move there? :rolleyes:

CNN called it the coronavirus until they got their talking points from the DNC.

So folks think this post was funny, even though accurate from CNN website:

8:45 p.m. ET, January 29, 2020
China reports over 7,000 cases of Wuhan coronavirus cases

From CNN's Steven Jiang in Beijing

At least 7,711 cases of Wuhan coronavirus have been confirmed in China, including 170 deaths as of the end of Wednesday, according to China’s National Health Commission.

This number reflects an increase of 1,737 cases and 38 deaths from Tuesday.

Tibet has now confirmed its first case of the coronavirus. All 31 provinces in mainland China have now reported cases of the Wuhan coronavirus.

Just going to say that my kids are Asian and they are not being bullied because of something Trump said. They are being asked some questions (some good, some dumb) and may be being avoided because they're Asian but they're not being bullied.

And the reason they are being asked questions and may be being avoided is because China, once again, let a deadly virus get out of control.

Trump's attempts to put China's name on it doesn't bother me. I agree that there are more diplomatic ways but right now I'm angry at both China and Trump for their botched efforts and I don't mind shoving China's face in it.

So the chanting of build that wall at Latinos kids during basketball games...is that cool? I mean, it's kind of the same thing. If you dont think kids are gonna start name calling in a similar way....but hey, it isnt like the president is condoning it...well. maybe a little.

Is your argument China's traditional consumption of animals is fine and human's ability to deal with viruses has evolved and subsequently now intolerant?

Just because something was ok 3k years ago doesn't make it ok now.
I'm not arguing that or his point really, but to say China is 100 years behind is weird.

I understand most people are pissed with China for starting it all, but assholes like this should bear the brunt of our anger. Idiots like him will generate reinfection and extend the timeline of this crisis, helped by this terrible mistake:

Florida governor refuses to close beaches as coronavirus cases rise

Florida's cases has now skyrocketed to over 300. They're good as ****ed with their huge senior citizen population.

People are upset due to the CCP not granting access top the early data and their sending people from the infected areas overseas facilitating the spread of the virus. I don't think anyone is surprised that a totalitarian Communist government would do those things.

I understand most people are pissed with China for starting it all, but assholes like this should bear the brunt of our anger. Idiots like him will generate reinfection and extend the timeline of this crisis, helped by this terrible mistake:

Florida's cases has now skyrocketed to over 300. They're good as ****ed with their huge senior citizen population.
bad parenting

Anyone know where the idea of an 18 month quarantine came from? I can’t find a source. Thanks.

I

I wonder if there's a way to shutdown beaches for large gatherings.

Supposedly you're still allowed, even encouraged, to get out a bit for a walk/jog.

Living near a beach/boardwalk myself, I could easily see wanting to make a routine of going for a jog along the boardwalk in the mornings while this lasts. Especially as it's starting to get warmer.

Just obviously keeping my distance from others.

Anyone know where the idea of an 18 month quarantine came from? I can’t find a source. Thanks.
Probably the new paper by London Imperial College. Also, the vaccine timeline which is 12-18 months.

Living near a beach/boardwalk myself
You reside in Jersey, right? You can’t really call that cesspool a beach, can you?

;)

b4db0b02f46737ab.png

Just heard Iran is estimating over a million deaths by end of May.

Worst case CDC numbers for US are saying 400,000 to 1.7 Million and up to 200 million infected over the next 18 months. Ley get's hope they get an effective vaccine.

Those numbers seem crazy but who knows...

:/
Stay safe everyone. Being dumb about this might not cost you your life but it might cost someone you love's life. My wife just left her job yesterday because the boss she works for refuses to close down the small office or to take extra cleaning precautions. He doesn't think it's a big deal "because he never gets sick" and had no response when she told him she couldn't take a chance because her husband (me) has a serious cardiac condition... for some people, it's all about them...

Imagine being old where grocery shopping could be a fatal choice...

Last edited:
Just heard Iran is estimating over a million deaths by end of May.

Worst case CDC numbers for US are saying 400,000 to 1.7 Million and up to 200 million infected over the next 18 months. Ley get's hope they get an effective vaccine.

Those numbers seem crazy but who knows...

Stay safe everyone. Being dumb about this might not cost you your life but it might cost someone you love's life. My wife just left her job yesterday because the boss she works for, refuses to close down the small office or to take extra cleaning precautions. He doesn't think it's a big deal "because he never gets sick" and had no response when she told him she couldn't take a chance because her husband (me) has a serious cardiac condition... for some people, it's all about them...

Imagine being old where grocery shopping could be a fatal choice...

That’s horrible.

I know this been seen but I'm a little taken back...

Backward hat guy might be my fav? He seems like a ride or die, no? Very reasonable fella. "We've been planning this trip for a while ... 2 months"!

All the girls though ... None look 21, not much older but older. Esp the last girl.

Last kid is already infected.

Edit..probably should of posted it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand