PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not confused. I’m concerned there may be riots...that’s why I’m watching Italy as a harbinger. I should have said I have no idea what the US will become...that’s what I meant...and Italy is foreshadowing this.
Now you were more clear..
Thanks...good luck to all of us..

Was in California on 2011..
Awesome holidays

Jesus guys. I’m going to buy a handgun in case everything derails, which is much more of a possibility than it was a month ago. I’ve been taking a gun safety course for months.

Law enforcement and our most reliable institutions may be in jeopardy in a month. Why is everyone acting like I just decided to sacrifice my first born? I’m all for gun control too, but why do I feel this strong sentiment of disdain because I want a handgun.

Why are you panicking?

Is it panicking or being prepared?

I just bought five packages of toilet paper for God's sake. Haha

Strange times

Stay well, my friend. I have friends near Pescara and pray for them daily
Good luck you too...here in Europe situation is extremily difficult...

Now you were more clear..
Thanks...good luck to all of us..

Was in California on 2011..
Awesome holidays

Yes, my post was confusing and not clear. I am thinking about you and wishing you health and safety. Thanks for your warnings and advice, friend.

Is it panicking or being prepared?

I just bought five packages of toilet paper for God's sake. Haha

Strange times
So that's why I can't get any! :)

I’ve been meaning to get one for over a year now. Now’s a good time to do it. I have two young girls here and my neighborhood has been a target for awhile. It’s not like I’m getting an AR15. What’s with the negativity?
Negativity?
No bro, you've been fine so far without one, and now you have 2 beautiful girls.

I don't see this situation completely breaking down societal order to the point of needing weapons to defend yourself. There is no evidence of that anywhere in the world.

Anyway, stay safe.

I’ve been meaning to get one for over a year now. Now’s a good time to do it. I have two young girls here and my neighborhood has been a target for awhile. It’s not like I’m getting an AR15. What’s with the negativity?

Far more likely to do harm to yourself and your family than to some "burglar" or someone who might be raiding your house for more TP. Especially if you have no previous experience with firearms. There's also facing charges if you do, in fact, end up shooting someone, or even for just discharging a firearm within town limits.

This is why I've been saying that the panic caused by the coronavirus is going to cause far more trouble than the actual virus itself.

Yes, my post was confusing and not clear. I am thinking about you and wishing you health and safety. Thanks for your warnings and advice, friend.
Wish you all the best too

Good luck you too...here in Europe situation is extremily difficult...
In 1918, there was no critical care. The decision to let critically ill patients die was not really a decision. Now it is, and an awful one to place on a physician.

Negativity?
No bro, you've been fine so far without one, and now you have 2 beautiful girls.

I don't see this situation completely breaking down societal order to the point of needing weapons to defend yourself. There is no evidence of that anywhere in the world.

Anyway, stay safe.

Thanks.

I’m not talking about a huge chance here of society breaking down. I’ve been watching videos and reading accounts from Italy...right now things are bad but manageable. What concerns me is that the cases are still growing exponentially every day. As one person said in the news lately a “nosedive” is coming.

It’s not unreasonable to think that Italy could experience major problems with police responses and desperate citizens looking to survive or take advantage of this type of situation. The US is likely to follow Italy’s path. I already have safety concerns enough that I was on the verge of purchasing a handgun/safe before all of this happened, so this would certainly serve as something to push that decision over the edge.

I don’t expect an apocalypse army raiding the streets. I do expect robbers and criminals to be bolder.

So that's why I can't get any! :)

I'll be at the corner of Main Street at 11pm. Look for the sign " Ten buck TP". I'll hook you up.

I qualify for the "60 and over" risk. I reason with Tunescribes posts regarding food consumption and exercise often. I sometimes think I can handle someone "40 or under", LOL. Make sure your sanitizing your iPhone as it is part of your hands.
I'm doing more than that. Per the NY Times, I'm in the highest risk profession ( dentist) and we can't get N95 masks so I improvised borrowing a few ideas from Youtube, and whether we open or not for emergencies depends on local orders... Most offices plan on being open with major universal precautions, more than we already do which is alot!..... I am resigned to the belief that I will be exposed at some point, the only question is whether it is sooner or later... and hopefully it is minor.......
If not, I asked my wife not to start dating again until Shiva is over.... (jk)

Far more likely to do harm to yourself and your family than to some "burglar" or someone who might be raiding your house for more TP. Especially if you have no previous experience with firearms. There's also facing charges if you do, in fact, end up shooting someone, or even for just discharging a firearm within town limits.

This is why I've been saying that the panic caused by the coronavirus is going to cause far more trouble than the actual virus itself.

That makes a lot of presumptions, PP2. And by saying people will raid my house for more TP, that is kind of making light of this/building a straw man. You don’t know where I live, how much my home is worth, what the surrounding neighborhoods are like, how much previous criminal activity has happened in my neighborhood or at my home itself. And you don’t know how much experience I have from training courses, which precautions I’ll take ensure safety, etc.

San Jose, California

Maybe the Bay Area members on here should start a Patriots compound!

Not to keep the looters out, just for protection from all the bandwagon 49ers fans.

I'm doing more than that. Per the NY Times, I'm in the highest risk profession ( dentist) and we can't get N95 masks so I improvised borrowing a few ideas from Youtube, and whether we open or not for emergencies depends on local orders... Most offices plan on being open with major universal precautions, more than we already do which is alot!..... I am resigned to the belief that I will be exposed at some point, the only question is whether it is sooner or later... and hopefully it is minor.......
If not, I asked my wife not to start dating again until Shiva is over.... (jk)
Don't you guys have those plastic face protectors? I guess they won't stop a droplet from getting in under the bottom.

Jesus guys. I’m going to buy a handgun in case everything derails, which is much more of a possibility than it was a month ago. I’ve been taking a gun safety course for months.

Law enforcement and our most reliable institutions may be in jeopardy in a month. Why is everyone acting like I just decided to sacrifice my first born? I’m all for gun control too, but why do I feel this strong sentiment of disdain because I want a handgun.
Come to Tennessee - no disdain here. Probably not a whole lot of rioting/pillaging going to occur here if you get my drift. It would take a consummate fool to even ponder such.

Maybe the Bay Area members on here should start a Patriots compound!

Not to keep the looters out, just for protection from all the bandwagon 49ers fans.
In. @Ice_Ice_Brady can bring the guns. I'll bring the 6 editions of 3 Games To Glory.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back