PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you are hell bent on keeping this thread a political "No Man's Land".

Like I said, I won't hesitate to lay blame where it is deserved, politics or not. You can't underestimate how important leadership is in a time of crisis. We've seen that so many times with Brady, taking over games and rising to the occasion.

It stands to reason senators by the very nature of their responsibilities should reasonably be expected to exhibit leadership and dedication to the public they serve in a time of crisis. Seems to me enough of them should have seen their duty clearly enough to already be 'at their posts' without being compelled to do so.

That was sarcasm, right?

Local Cabelas received 200,000 rds of 9mm ammo on Thursday.

Sold out last night.

It stands to reason senators by the very nature of their responsibilities should reasonably be expected to exhibit leadership and dedication to the public they serve in a time of crisis. Seems to me enough of them should have seen their duty clearly enough to already be 'at their posts' without being compelled to do so.

A sense of urgency at a national level starts from the top down. The initial response from our "leadership" was more about political posturing than addressing the matter at hand. Thankfully it seems like they're all on board now.

I wonder what percentage of the general population even understands what exponential growth is.
Same percentage who are shocked they are paying $300/mo in credit card interest.

Yeah we are all geniuses during the early dating stages before regressing to village idiots.

Speak for yourself.
Some of us were village idiots thru ALL the stages.

Did the virus buy various plane tickets around the world? Or did people?
Our own people coming back from wherever bought the tickets. The virus just hitched a ride.

Like I said, I won't hesitate to lay blame where it is deserved, politics or not. You can't underestimate how important leadership is in a time of crisis. We've seen that so many times with Brady, taking over games and rising to the occasion.
I know you won't and thats fine. I respect you but you are harping on it.

A great man once said, "It is what it is."

I wonder what percentage of the general population even understands what exponential growth is.

That whole "the flu killed x amount and nobody cares" narrative really inhibited the urgency to understand what we're dealing with.

That’s what happens with exponential growth.
It seems like nothing is happening and then of a sudden HOLY CRAP.

Exponential growth can be combated with smart measures...more testing and isolation. This is why it's premature to say it's is going to be worse than H1N1 or SARS in the US in terms of deaths and number of people infected.

I hear ya'.

My daughter worked for Senator Tim Johnson from SD for a couple of years, as his top personal assistant. She got to know the members of the Senate pretty well.

My take away from her experience: there are many really good people serving as US Senators, more than most of us would think. There are also some awful ones, twisted and driven by narrow mindedness, superstition, fear, and bigotry, who see democracy as a tool to use and bend rather than a set of principles they must live by.

The one person she came away admiring the most, because of his consistent warmth, dignity, and respectfulness of others, was Corey Booker. He treated everyone the same, regardless of "rank," and has a way of listening intensely and seeking to learn new things.

She's an absolutely no BS person (spots hypocrisy 10 miles away and is rarely silent about it) (and yes, her adolescence was just joyful). So she's really hard to impress in this regard. I'm taking her experience and observations as legitimate information.

And yes, @Tunescribe, I realize Booker represents New Jersey, and I've got no answer for you on that, other than perhaps it is the ultimate testing ground.

What the hell is wrong with you people? What, the Senate is not allowed to have the weekend off now?

Ok, it's official. This thread needs to be burned to the ground.
For someone who has said they have other websites to discuss it on and hates this thread so much....why do you still post in it?

Exponential growth can be combated with smart measures...more testing and isolation. This is why it's premature to say it's is going to be worse than H1N1 or SARS in the US in terms of deaths and number of people infected.

Giving Corona a four week head start is not smart measures.

What the hell is wrong with you people? What, the Senate is not allowed to have the weekend off now?

Ok, it's official. This thread needs to be burned to the ground.
I remember having to work weekends to meet a deadline with no lives on the line.

Yea it was on the news. I'm all for having some ammo in the house but jezz....
Perhaps “they” thought they were paper cartridges. Folks have a new love for paper. Next up is a newfound love for letter writing vs texting/emailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes