PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it's bad optics...but you can't judge a person by one tweet/photo. We could do a lot worse than John Corynyn in the US Senate.
The thing is that a lot of leadership is optics, and that tweet screamed a lack of leadership.

Hey, you criticising good ole' American entrepreneurial spirit?

If this guy made a killing, continued along that path and become a billionaire, he'd be held up as an example of American success. Yachts and mansions and the envy of many. He'd probably get a great seat at a WH dinner.
Actually, it reminded me of the person in jail that gouged cancer patients on their medications.

It's a tweet with a bottle of corona...it doesn't say where he was. It could be from any bar in any city. They are making it look like he's on vacation somewhere, but this is not clear from the tweet.
The thing it shows is that he's that he's not in the Senate taking this seriously. Yeah, I know it's only optics, but what does it project? "Don't worry, be happy"?

So they're skipping animal trials and going straight to humans to test for safety?

Wow, @TommyBrady12 are you one of the volunteers to make sure your leader succeeds in coming up with a fast vaccine?

Yes, and you might note that I listed them last anticipating you copping out over it. Go ahead and disregard them (although they're not off the mark in adding exclamation to the previous listed sources). Just to be clear, let's not parse this down to the vague differences between "fire," "dismiss," "disband," "shuffle" and "make someone uncomfortable enough to resign." The bottom line is a life-saving agency went bye-bye under Trump's watch.
By disbanding and shuffling the staff to other departments, even if the headcount remained the same, those individuals became subservient to the priorities of those other departments and the primary focus of the disbanded task force was lost.

What do you mean ?

I mean that I really hope what you’re experiencing is as bad as it gets, in terms of all chaos caused by the Coronavirus. But I want to be prepared in case law enforcement breaks down with riots and looting, just in case. We haven’t seen the full course of events within a modern society yet, and I expect to see the US very similar to Italy. So the fact that Italians currently don’t need firearms to protect themselves doesn’t mean they won’t.

Exponential growth can be combated with smart measures...more testing and isolation. This is why it's premature to say it's is going to be worse than H1N1 or SARS in the US in terms of deaths and number of people infected.
You need to stop posting, unless you're just showing off your ignorance.

I mean that I really hope what you’re experiencing is as bad as it gets, in terms of all chaos caused by the Coronavirus. But I want to be prepared in case law enforcement breaks down with riots and looting, just in case. We haven’t seen the full course of events within a modern society yet, and I expect to see the US very similar to Italy. So the fact that Italians currently don’t need firearms to protect themselves doesn’t mean they won’t.
It is clear that you do not know not so much about Italy...
We do not have firearms like you have there...

And today's situation is the same

And today situation is the same

People in the US do have firearms. Many of them who are in the outskirts of my neighborhood. I know this because they commit crimes in my neighborhood.

Why are you panicking?

I’ve been meaning to get one for over a year now. Now’s a good time to do it. I have two young girls here and my neighborhood has been a target for awhile. It’s not like I’m getting an AR15. What’s with the negativity?

You need to stop posting, unless you're just showing off your ignorance.
Care to explain? We don't know what the aftermath of this is going to be in terms of the number of coronavirus cases. That's my point. Unless you believe we are all doomed...I refuse to believe that. It was a slow start by the administration but I am confident they will get this thing contained.

And today's situation is the same
Stay well, my friend. I have friends near Pescara and pray for them daily

I’ve been meaning to get one for over a year now. Now’s a good time to do it. I have two young girls here and my neighborhood has been a target for awhile. It’s not like I’m getting an AR15. What’s with the negativity?
Sorry...if i can ask...where do you live ?

Sorry if you a

Here we do not have...why are you confused ?

I’m not confused. I’m concerned there may be riots...that’s why I’m watching Italy as a harbinger. I should have said I have no idea what the US will become...that’s what I meant...and Italy is foreshadowing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes