PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump says he's concerned with people that work off tips. Wow, who would've known.

It’s baffling that there’s no specific party for fiscal conservative/social progressives, since that seems to be the majority of people. Libertarian is probably the closest in ideology, but it also takes those concepts a lot further than the traditional norm, which many like us tend to also value.

"We will let you keep your money and buy pot with it": does seem like a winning campaign slogan :D

Outright giving $1,000 to each American is a terrible idea. The level of credit card debt we are in, as a country, should tell you that Americans can’t manage their finances (by and large). You put $1,000 in the hands of each American, there’s going to be a large percentage that spends it on new Jordan’s, furniture, hair, clothes, watches, etc. Instead, why not make them bring their past due utility bills/car notes/mortgage payments/rent/etc, verify the info, and pay the debtors directly up to $1,000 max to get them back on track? It’s disgraceful that we even need to talk about doing this anyway.

Outright giving $1,000 to each American is a terrible idea. The level of credit card debt we are in, as a country, should tell you that Americans can’t manage their finances (by and large). You put $1,000 in the hands of each American, there’s going to be a large percentage that spends it on new Jordan’s, furniture, hair, clothes, watches, etc. Instead, why not make them bring their past due utility bills/car notes/mortgage payments/rent/etc, verify the info, and pay the debtors directly up to $1,000 max to get them back on track? It’s disgraceful that we even need to talk about doing this anyway.

Verify how every American spends money? Do you want to wait years as systems are built to do that? And any idea how much that would cost to build a system like that?

Plus mentioning "Jordans" as the first thing folks would spend money on?

A nanny state?

Kontra how much for an 8-ball nowadays?

toiletpaperjack.jpg

bill-paxton-titanic.jpg

porthole.jpg

You put $1,000 in the hands of each American, there’s going to be a large percentage that spends it on new Jordan’s, furniture, hair, clothes, watches, etc.

To some degree I suspect that's part of the hope. If we all just used it to pay our landlords and buy TP it won't help bandaid the economy like people who were never taught how to handle their finances will - by virtue of being irresponsible they might prevent some closings/layoffs.

I kind of don't get UBI, though. I'm more curious about how $1k in cash in the hands of heroin addicts feels like it lead to some deaths.

Soccer news...
Euro 2020 is now Euro 2021...

Actually you have been lied to, see this OpEd in the Washington Post from the person who headed that section:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-didnt-dissolve-its-pandemic-response-office/

Now ask the question, what sort of political hack would tell a lie to politicize this sort of thing. Perhaps they remember R. Emmanuel's advice " Never Let a Crisis Go to Waste.

I cannot read that OP-ed. But here is one with citations from the former director

https://abcnews-go-com.cdn.ampproje...ed-nsc-pandemic-unit-experts-praised-69594177

I suspect the op ed you cited is making a semantic argument.

Tennis...Roland Garros delayied to september...

Verify how every American spends money? Do you want to wait years as systems are built to do that? And any idea how much that would cost to build a system like that?

Plus mentioning "Jordans" as the first thing folks would spend money on?
I’m spitting out hypotheticals that are as ridiculous as the Federal Government giving every American $1,000 of tax payer money as a loan to pay bills. And yes, sale of Jordan’s would skyrocket. If this happens, buy stock in Nike and sell it the day after. You will have made a nice profit.

A nanny state?

Kontra how much for an 8-ball nowadays?
I can get you an 8-ball of fentanyl on the low low if you want. Snort a HUGE line of it, though. It only works if you take it in large doses.

I’m spitting out hypotheticals that are as ridiculous as the Federal Government giving every American $1,000 of tax payer money as a loan to pay bills. And yes, sale of Jordan’s would skyrocket. If this happens, buy stock in Nike and sell it the day after. You will have made a nice profit.

Check out Breitbart discussion board. Seems like most of the foolish spending would go to ar15s.

You put $1,000 in the hands of each American, there’s going to be a large percentage that spends it on new Jordan’s,
I had a feeling that’s what you meant by your previous post “Michael Jordan would approve”.

The rise of the “Hype Beasts” and resellers are irritating.

It’s baffling that there’s no specific party for fiscal conservative/social progressives, since that seems to be the majority of people. Libertarian is probably the closest in ideology, but it also takes those concepts a lot further than the traditional norm, which many like us tend to also value.
Depends on how fiscally conservative we are talking. There is the fairly conservative economic policy that is adopted by most Republicans and Democrats (by world standards) and the Ron Paul’s who are super fiscally conservative. Most fall into the former. I’d call those people centrists. Being hard right on the economic spectrum, your much closer to “libertarianism”. Though true libertarianism is much much less government than most people understand.

That’s on the redneck side, yes. Same with Bush Light and Marlboros. Jordan’s would be on the hood side. You seem butthurt about that. Not a whole lot of time around the lower income African American communities, eh? They may not be able to pay their bills in a given month, but they’ll be damned if they’re not looking fly AF.

I live in Jersey.

But OK, I don't want to get into a racial thing. We differ on this topic. A few comments on a discussion board won't change things.

Best wishes to you and yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back