PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts want NFL to Explain

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was absolutely no guess work needed on this one. The action was clearly attempting to draw the defender offsides, ergo it is simulating the snap count. You will never see a WR or TE adjust their stance in the manner that he did. It was a violent jerk back into a blocking position and then reset. The motion had no purpose *but* simulating the snap.
I don't even see what Dungy was so upset about... it isn't like their little ploy worked and drew SD offsides... the Chargers didn't fall for it and even if the "simulating the snap" penalty wasn't called, and those 3 players were all allowed to reset, it would have simply been a delay of game instead.

Your football acumen is impressive, such revolutionary thinking that the Steelers are going to be a challenge for the Pats. Haven't heard that anywhere else!

Thats cool, you have the right to believe whatever you want. I have heard it quite a few times, I personally don't think the Steelers will win, im just saying they are the only decent team left on your schedule that can put up a fight.

Is that what you really think?

gee golly willikers..well that's just so ducky

guess that means we get to see your Colts HERE at the Razor...wouldn't that be just peachy keen?

Last edited:
jesus.

how you can be a Colts fan, and not embarrassed all the time is beyond me

what a bunch of ******* ****ies.

jesus.

how you can be a Colts fan, and not embarrassed all the time is beyond me

what a bunch of ******* ****ies.

who are you talking about?

I went and read a1 little on that garbage dump Star board...practically sobbing and throwing around all these superlatives...6 INTS and the sloppy play deserved anger, not gushing, fawning accolades like some broken hearted prom queen.

I went and read a1 little on that garbage dump Star board...practically sobbing and throwing around all these superlatives...6 INTS and the sloppy play deserved anger, not gushing, fawning accolades like some broken hearted prom queen.

If thats how they want to deal with things on the Colts board so be it, if you don't like it then don't read it..

Dungy is correct that the shift is legal. The flag was called because the movement of the exagerrated, abrubt shift was done in an obvious manner to cause the Chargers to flinch, thus a false start.

If thats how they want to deal with things on the Colts board so be it, if you don't like it then don't read it..

uh...look moron....here's what YOU get...you get NO CHANCE to tell me to do ANYTHING or post ANYTHING on this board...clear enough, you senseless troll?

uh...look moron....here's what YOU get...you get NO CHANCE to tell me to do ANYTHING or post ANYTHING on this board...clear enough, you senseless troll?

I guess you didn't bother to read the entire thread, and I haven't been a troll at all, you just chimed in being a prick without me doing anything other then trying to discuss football, I guess you don't like to discuss football..

oh and welcome to my ignore list as im not going to let you bait me into a banning from here because I have talked to alot of great Pats fans on this board that are not anywhere near as rude as you are, don't bother replying to this because I won't see it..

oh and welcome to my ignore list as im not going to let you bait me into a banning from here because I have talked to alot of great Pats fans on this board that are not anywhere near as rude as you are, don't bother replying to this because I won't see it..

I totally forgot about this function, I'm in. I'll actually be able to wade through the non football instigating.

I totally forgot about this function, I'm in. I'll actually be able to wade through the non football instigating.

yeah its a handy little tool, I use it alot on the Colts board

The funny thing is, Dungy said they've run that play many times without being penalized....Really???

If they ran it like that every time, the question is, why haven't they been penalized for it?

This is the thing that's driving me nuts. Is Dungy claiming that whenever the TE goes in motion he snaps into a blocking stance then continues? no way. I didn't dvr this game, but I challenge anyone to show me that on other plays where the TE goes in motion he does it EXACTLY the way he did on the play in question. The f'ing nerve.

haha don't even bother with joker. He thinks he's hardcore and a tough guy because he tries to intimidate people on an internet message board. He's pretty worthless.

I also don't get his complaining about the Addai spot. He's claiming that they messed up the chains when they remeasured after the review.

Dungy from Colts.com:

“In the last two minutes, they can review any spot that deals with a first down,” Dungy said. “They reviewed it and in his opinion, marked it where it should have been marked. The problem I had with the whole thing is when we had the ball 1st- and 10 at the 16, the ball was outside the 16-yard line. Then, the stake was inside the six, which is hard for me to figure out how that happened.

“It’s just a judgment call on whether he had enough information to put the ball at a certain spot. They felt like they did. When they measured, it wasn’t a first down, but I’m trying to find out how the chains got set there. It was clearly 1st-and-10 outside the 16-yard line.”

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=6d1734ee-cb02-4350-97ec-c8c5240900ed

This is clearly bull****. The ball was clearly spotted inside the six before the review. I love how they say you can't make excuses and then offer up... a bunch of excuses.

Get those guys working on Special Teams Tony, it would suck if they have to play them for the first time in a big game.

haha don't even bother with joker. He thinks he's hardcore and a tough guy because he tries to intimidate people on an internet message board. He's pretty worthless.

I wonder if Indycolts685 will ignore this "non-football instigating".

What? He is. I don't have any problems with anyone else. I calls em like i sees em.

I also don't get his complaining about the Addai spot. He's claiming that they messed up the chains when they remeasured after the review.

Dungy from Colts.com:

“In the last two minutes, they can review any spot that deals with a first down,” Dungy said. “They reviewed it and in his opinion, marked it where it should have been marked. The problem I had with the whole thing is when we had the ball 1st- and 10 at the 16, the ball was outside the 16-yard line. Then, the stake was inside the six, which is hard for me to figure out how that happened.

“It’s just a judgment call on whether he had enough information to put the ball at a certain spot. They felt like they did. When they measured, it wasn’t a first down, but I’m trying to find out how the chains got set there. It was clearly 1st-and-10 outside the 16-yard line.”

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=6d1734ee-cb02-4350-97ec-c8c5240900ed

This is clearly bull****. The ball was clearly spotted inside the six before the review. I love how they say you can't make excuses and then offer up... a bunch of excuses.

Get those guys working on Special Teams Tony, it would suck if they have to play them for the first time in a big game.

You are exactly right about the Special teams, imho. The only thing I would say was strange was to bring the chains out measure it as a 1st down, then go up to the booth and respot the ball then say no its not a first down. Had absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the game and Dungy says that. Not that it matters and it is really not a big deal, but that seemed kinda mismanaged officiating wise. Why would you bring the chains out, but whatever the outcome you were going to check the spot????
Why the two orders? Why the measurement and then the reveiw??? I think maybe we are entitled to some answers.

Now just for your enjoyment (and no reason at all) I give you Colonel Jessup :) :

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns.

Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg?

I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom.

You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury.

You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives.

And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall.

We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something.

You use them as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post.

Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Is there a YouTube clip of the snap in question? I didn't get to watch the game, just listened to it on Sirius. There must be but I'm apparenty missing the keyword needed to find it. I've found other plays but I can't find this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes